Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Ocala 1/2 Mile October 19th - 20th

Hickster

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seminole
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Hellcat Challenger
5 am and you guyz awoke me up again. Just can't get any sleeps around this corner. Beforez I known it,, it will be bastard sneezen season. Sun will be up extra early, bass will be up an hour earlier and time to fish. Got a new golf course to explore down the street. But Maybe heading back to one of the 3 home steads to try out another fall season in witch have tried and produced 10 lb plus large mouthers, like ex mother in laws. Fish were a lot funner to catch then them. But still early yet. New lake will be fun to get kicked off of like the rest from the new Ca nad ians that don't know me yet, and I saw yet. Nothing like dodging golf balls at 6 am, will be new time. Bass come 1st Ca nad ians last. This year I have salt water to explore 2 blocks down the street witch means snook and red fish early. Then in December, cooler water, trout and schooling tarpon, so look forwards to those hell catsters reports. Now, we are 15 minutes from Clearwater Beach so out early on the grouper boats and back early to go out on the NEW KAI LANI 80 footer cat marana. Bran new this year. I will be bringing her up from Ft Lauder Dalle with Capt Mike and crew. Fresh off the Katster boating line. 3 day trip, weather permitting, from there to Clearwater Beach. Looking forward to giving cat calls to the new vettes and GT 500 Stangs on the beach. So look out for my reports on the new cars fredh to the beach. Sleep.

OP
RedEye19FL

RedEye19FL

Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bradenton
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 TorRed Challenger RedEye
Thread Starter #62
5 am and you guyz awoke me up again. Just can't get any sleeps around this corner. Beforez I known it,, it will be bastard sneezen season. Sun will be up extra early, bass will be up an hour earlier and time to fish. Got a new golf course to explore down the street. But Maybe heading back to one of the 3 home steads to try out another fall season in witch have tried and produced 10 lb plus large mouthers, like ex mother in laws. Fish were a lot funner to catch then them. But still early yet. New lake will be fun to get kicked off of like the rest from the new Ca nad ians that don't know me yet, and I saw yet. Nothing like dodging golf balls at 6 am, will be new time. Bass come 1st Ca nad ians last. This year I have salt water to explore 2 blocks down the street witch means snook and red fish early. Then in December, cooler water, trout and schooling tarpon, so look forwards to those hell catsters reports. Now, we are 15 minutes from Clearwater Beach so out early on the grouper boats and back early to go out on the NEW KAI LANI 80 footer cat marana. Bran new this year. I will be bringing her up from Ft Lauder Dalle with Capt Mike and crew. Fresh off the Katster boating line. 3 day trip, weather permitting, from there to Clearwater Beach. Looking forward to giving cat calls to the new vettes and GT 500 Stangs on the beach. So look out for my reports on the new cars fredh to the beach. Sleep.
Gotta meet the Hickster. Rico told me you're a pretty cool guy!:)

OP
RedEye19FL

RedEye19FL

Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bradenton
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #63

I ran 3 passes at 147mph. I think I am the slowest of the group!
No, you're not the slowest. One of my runs was down to 145. I tried a custom setting that just did not work. Hope to meet you next time. We should have a Florida get-together. I can travel.

OP
RedEye19FL

RedEye19FL

Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bradenton
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #64
I found you guys! New to site. It was s fun day.
I met you before Mac. Sorry I did not get to say Hi. I was lightning00va at the old site.

Jonjonday

8 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Ocala
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Hellcat Charger
Was a good time at Wana go fast Sunday. Enjoyed spending time with Marc and Marge over the weekend. Also was nice to hang with Phil. Your car ran great after pulley swap and Mario tune 174+ mph awesome.. Ken was nice to meet you to, your car ran good, same as all the other Red eyes and looks great. Just joined the forum. Looking for good times ahead, Jon

Marc0779

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Key largo
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Redeye/demon
Was a good time at Wana go fast Sunday. Enjoyed spending time with Marc and Marge over the weekend. Also was nice to hang with Phil. Your car ran great after pulley swap and Mario tune 174+ mph awesome.. Ken was nice to meet you to, your car ran good, same as all the other Red eyes and looks great. Just joined the forum. Looking for good times ahead, Jon
Its a bout time,thx for the help john

WhipCat

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
In the Jungle
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger Hellcat
There we go

Member ID
Reactions
City
Pompano Beach
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Dodge Demon
I met you before Mac. Sorry I did not get to say Hi. I was lightning00va at the old site.
All good. See you next year.

Rcasa20

Founding Member
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Indian Shores
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Redeye Widebody (sold)
Congrats to WhipCat taking the Heavyweight crown!!! Smoking!!

PRIVATEER DIVISION
Overall Exotic/Import & AWD - Paul Fruit - 2013 Nissan GTR - 195.82
Overall Domestic & RWD - Chris Streebling - 2007 Corvette Z06 - 187.96
4-Door - Derek Downing - Vengeance Racing Built 2009 Cadillac CTSV - 159.85
Manual - David Miller - 2006 Dodge Viper - 183.22
FWD - Amber Sotherden - 1998 Honda Civic - 156.08
Heavyweight - Phillip Giles - 2017 Dodge Challenger - 174.08
All Motor - Hunter Overton - 2008 Corvette Z06 - 162.63
HUGE CONGRATS TO EVERYONE WHO TOOK HOME A CLASS WIN!

WhipCat

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
In the Jungle
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger Hellcat
Congrats to WhipCat taking the Heavyweight crown!!! Smoking!!

PRIVATEER DIVISION
Overall Exotic/Import & AWD - Paul Fruit - 2013 Nissan GTR - 195.82
Overall Domestic & RWD - Chris Streebling - 2007 Corvette Z06 - 187.96
4-Door - Derek Downing - Vengeance Racing Built 2009 Cadillac CTSV - 159.85
Manual - David Miller - 2006 Dodge Viper - 183.22
FWD - Amber Sotherden - 1998 Honda Civic - 156.08
Heavyweight - Phillip Giles - 2017 Dodge Challenger - 174.08
All Motor - Hunter Overton - 2008 Corvette Z06 - 162.63
HUGE CONGRATS TO EVERYONE WHO TOOK HOME A CLASS WIN!
Holy crap I won!! Nice.

That was allot of fun.

OP
RedEye19FL

RedEye19FL

Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bradenton
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #71

Demon1

500 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Naples
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Dodge Demon

Jonjonday

8 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Ocala
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Hellcat Charger
Awesome Phil !!

Marc0779

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Key largo
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Redeye/demon

REDTIDE

Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Cape Coral
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 SRT challenger hellcat
Awesome nice job Phil💪💪

OP
RedEye19FL

RedEye19FL

Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bradenton
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #76
Guys, I was just wondering why our stock RedEyes were so slow in the half mile. I would think at least mid 150's would be attainable. What are your theories? Just curious.

Demon1

500 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Naples
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Dodge Demon
Guys, I was just wondering why our stock RedEyes were so slow in the half mile. I would think at least mid 150's would be attainable. What are your theories? Just curious.
I suspect air density. It’s likely better in the Spring if it’s not as hot and humid.

WhipCat

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
In the Jungle
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger Hellcat
My opinion Ken, is that it’s just not that much faster than a hellcat. It’s the same setup with roughly a little more horspower. And every drop of that power is under ideal conditions.

If you want the most out of that redeye, your gonna have to change up the way you race. Good air matters, good temps matter, good tires matter, good fuel matters. If you want the edge over your last hellcat your going to have to work for it. It’s only got another 100 crank horsepower, and when you dyno it, it’s only making another 60 - 70 whp??

If you don’t make every effort to make sure the car will actually make that extra power and then put it down then it’s not going to show any if only a little gain.

OP
RedEye19FL

RedEye19FL

Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bradenton
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #79
My opinion Ken, is that it’s just not that much faster than a hellcat. It’s the same setup with roughly a little more horspower. And every drop of that power is under ideal conditions.

If you want the most out of that redeye, your gonna have to change up the way you race. Good air matters, good temps matter, good tires matter, good fuel matters. If you want the edge over your last hellcat your going to have to work for it. It’s only got another 100 crank horsepower, and when you dyno it, it’s only making another 60 - 70 whp??

If you don’t make every effort to make sure the car will actually make that extra power and then put it down then it’s not going to show any if only a little gain.
I guess you're right Phil. Time to sell my guns and go see Mario. Ha! Ha! Seriously, once I break the engine in a little more, I just might check Gearhead out.

WhipCat

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
In the Jungle
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger Hellcat
I guess you're right Phil. Time to sell my guns and go see Mario. Ha! Ha! Seriously, once I break the engine in a little more, I just might check Gearhead out.
Stage 3R package.