Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

New Stock Power Demon Record.

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Charger HC (once upon a time)
Nice. What did you give for that front end, if you don't mind my asking?

Boris

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Northern
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Rammer
True, but you have to admit 20,000 then is close to 30,000 now.
Thats just for a nice first gen Camaro

A big block in parts pushes 10k
rear end is 2k for the housing 2k for the gear
trans can be anywhere from 2k-5k+ depending on what you want
converter
traction bars
cage
seats
tires
wheels
suspension
electronics

Gets out of hand quickly

TMAC

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mesa
State
AZ
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Dodge Challenger Hellcat
"Nice. What did you give for that front end, if you don't mind my asking? "

The 1 piece front end is a VFN part. I think it was around $800 when I bought it. These are over $1000 today.
The hood is a factory replica ram air piece from Glasstek, and it has an additional 2" of room under it. Around $450.

Engine is all aluminum. I am trying to get the weight of the car as close to 3000 pounds as I can. Its a street hot rod, so for safety reasons theres just so much I can do in that regard.

HRJ

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
Porsche GT3
I did see one impressive "street" car at Street Car Takeover in Bowling Green back in August. Twin Turbo 1969 Nova I believe it was. Ran 8.50s or better and did it over and over and over in 95 degree heat. It was a very nice car indeed, but that was NOT the norm.

I have a similar T/T build going using a 70 GTO body on a full custom frame. Hi 7 second capable, but caged for 8.50's.

View attachment 11481
That is gonna be really cool. Any way we can convince you to start a build thread on it so we can watch it come together?

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle

That is gonna be really cool. Any way we can convince you to start a build thread on it so we can watch it come together?
Seconded.

TMAC

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mesa
State
AZ
Country
United States
Vehicle
I can do that. But its going to be a while.
Currently waiting on the engine, and that's going to take some time. Most of the current work centers on the cylinder heads. I am using KRE Warp6 Pontiac heads. These are somewhat rare, as they only cast a few pairs a year. This is because the number of traditional Pontiac racers needing a symmetrical port, canted valve cylinder head, that flows over 420 cfm out of the box on the intake side and 320 cfm at .700" lift on the exhaust is very small. As such, only a small number of people have any experience with them. I did have KRE CNC port the exhaust side because its a turbo application.

The guy building my engine is in the mid-west, and while he works on all types of engines, Pontiacs are his specialty. Specifically, boosted Pontiacs. He is softening up the combustion chambers for turbo use, and I think is very close to making models of the finished combustion chambers, with valves, to send to CP/Carrillo so they can make the custom anodized pistons. The cylinder heads require a 4.250" minimum bore, and we will be at that bore size with a custom Pontiac 4.125" stroke Bryant billet crank. (EN30B USA Timken Steel). So 475ci.

HRJ

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
Porsche GT3
Butler?

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
I can do that. But its going to be a while.
Currently waiting on the engine, and that's going to take some time. Most of the current work centers on the cylinder heads. I am using KRE Warp6 Pontiac heads. These are somewhat rare, as they only cast a few pairs a year. This is because the number of traditional Pontiac racers needing a symmetrical port, canted valve cylinder head, that flows over 420 cfm out of the box on the intake side and 320 cfm at .700" lift on the exhaust is very small. As such, only a small number of people have any experience with them. I did have KRE CNC port the exhaust side because its a turbo application.

The guy building my engine is in the mid-west, and while he works on all types of engines, Pontiacs are his specialty. Specifically, boosted Pontiacs. He is softening up the combustion chambers for turbo use, and I think is very close to making models of the finished combustion chambers, with valves, to send to CP/Carrillo so they can make the custom anodized pistons. The cylinder heads require a 4.250" minimum bore, and we will be at that bore size with a custom Pontiac 4.125" stroke Bryant billet crank. (EN30B USA Timken Steel). So 475ci.
Nice. Really nice. Mind if I ask your budget target?

TMAC

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mesa
State
AZ
Country
United States
Vehicle
Nice. Really nice. Mind if I ask your budget target?
I have been working on this current build for a decade and a half. I will have 100K+ into it easily.

And the engine is not at Butlers. Had 1 run in with them a very long time ago and it was not a positive one.

BeeHappy

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Guyton
State
GA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon
I'm surprised to see comments about 9.50s not being fast. That's fast to me. Maybe I just live in a slow part of the country, or spend too much time at my local track, but 9 anything is gonna be in the top 5 at my local track at least for a car that can drive there and drive home much less 9.50. I wouldn't worry about @motorhead 's comments. He bought an M6 and is destined to be in the 11s as PBs :p

The fact that the MPH was 141 tells me it had a very good launch. I'd love to see the time slip as that's the same MPH my car has run. Tells me 9.50s are possible on my setup if I can launch right.

Got any tips to share here? I'm always curious about how other launch their cars, settings they use etc. So far I've had the best results rolling in to the throttle rather than stabbing it.
you sir are on the correct path..... now roll it faster with the purpose to limit wheel lift.. computer stays out of the run

BeeHappy

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Guyton
State
GA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon
I want to address a few things,
take any car from any person that has a "record"
apply the morals and standards that armchair nancies are crying over...
not one not one vehicle will fit the DREAM criteria.
its all wannabe asshats who are NOT out here putting the time and effort into anything.

1. there is NO video,NO pictures,NO data sheets on Dodges TICKET. we do it now every day 9.6s and 9.5s
2. WITHOUT that information we as a community of Demons looked at a real single seat on a scale. simple
3. added Leas advertised weight 130
4. ASSUME their Demon was EPA certified TUNE that we currently have
5. 4280lbs, FACTORY tune flashed or updated by a dealer is our rule. Several series have this as their rule, not just us.
6. In a single seat swapping the drag pak almost gets me (245) to the 4280, washer water and some plastic caps and covers all less than 20lbs brings me into the 4280 zone...then its fuel weight..ad more its 4290...run it dry its 4270
7. So I know that just because an interior is in a car... doesnt mean its "stock"
8. I know the weights of the people running and how they got there. NO ONE is saying the 9.50 is a car identical to a showroom 1 seat... we clearly said.... since the 5 cars already went faster than Dodge CLAIMED stock tune stock weight 9.65... we wanted to see how fast the car could go... try for 9.4s.....simple. There is no trophy or big check in this issue.
9. Plus those who SNUCK onto property without paying to be there during a private event to just take a few pictures and run out to make a "trash them" video.... I say shows their character and their attempt to be relevant and use the Demons to prop up their view count.. Just go buy one and test on your own or stay with what you have and talk what you know with your car.

So if Demon owner A wants to go run their car stripped to get their PB so be it. Congrats to them and their Hard Work.

I will keep my 3299 car at 4280 and run as appropriate
My 457 car is at 950 passes.... its moving into a new realm of racing
Both my cars have met MY GOALS
I dont really GAF about your opinion nor your beliefs that only your definition of MY car is a valid one.

If you know me, you know this to be true.... I hope you have a good day and stop worrying about other people.

The Englishman

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Newbury
State
Non-US
Country
United Kingdom
Vehicle
2018 Demon
You are a straight up guy Tim,hats off to you for helping everyone and anyone in Houston.🤟

BeeHappy

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Guyton
State
GA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon
You are a straight up guy Tim,hats off to you for helping everyone and anyone in Houston.🤟
Thank you sir,
your experience was and is our goal...

B

DRAGRCR

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Death Valley
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Hornet
I am extremely happy you came out to the ROTD event. It was one of the highlights of the event for me........

DRAGRCR

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Death Valley
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Hornet
its all wannabe asshats who are NOT out here putting the time and effort into anything.

1. there is NO video,NO pictures,NO data sheets on Dodges TICKET. we do it now every day 9.6s and 9.5s
2. WITHOUT that information we as a community of Demons looked at a real single seat on a scale. simple
5. 4280lbs, FACTORY tune flashed or updated by a dealer is our rule. Several series have this as their rule, not just us.
6. In a single seat swapping the drag pak almost gets me (245) to the 4280, washer water and some plastic caps and covers all less than 20lbs brings me into the 4280 zone...then its fuel weight..ad more its 4290...run it dry its 4270
7. So I know that just because an interior is in a car... doesnt mean its "stock"
8. I know the weights of the people running and how they got there. NO ONE is saying the 9.50 is a car identical to a showroom 1 seat... we clearly said.... since the 5 cars already went faster than Dodge CLAIMED stock tune stock weight 9.65... we wanted to see how fast the car could go... try for 9.4s.....simple. There is no trophy or big check in this issue.
9. Plus those who SNUCK onto property without paying to be there during a private event to just take a few pictures and run out to make a "trash them" video.... I say shows their character and their attempt to be relevant and use the Demons to prop up their view count.. Just go buy one and test on your own or stay with what you have and talk what you know with your car.

So if Demon owner A wants to go run their car stripped to get their PB so be it. Congrats to them and their Hard Work.

I dont really GAF about your opinion nor your beliefs that only your definition of MY car is a valid one.

If you know me, you know this to be true.... I hope you have a good day and stop worrying about other people.
VERY WELL SAID. This should be the official version of the "Complainer Rules".

BeeHappy

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Guyton
State
GA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon
I am extremely happy you came out to the ROTD event. It was one of the highlights of the event for me........
Ron, you should have heard his response to a 10.1 from the passenger seat.....:eek:

The Englishman

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Newbury
State
Non-US
Country
United Kingdom
Vehicle
2018 Demon
WOW, thanks Ron it was special for me to meet you and some of the other people who's endeavours I avidly read about,I’m still buzzing two weeks later.

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
Just my opinion, but it's pretty f-ed up that all this angst and huffing and puffing and pissing and hissing is coming out in all of this. Jesus, remember when racing was just fun?

motorhead

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Ottawa
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2019 Challenger HC Widebody

jgilj

1000 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Brooksville
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
21 Challenger Super Stock

Well said Tim!