Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Mythical Dodge stage kits

45-70govt

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Ghetto
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger Hellcat
You could have a DA of 8000’. Cuts 20%.
Yikes, that's more than I guessed!

mopar madness

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Denton
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 BMW M5
I think the next logical step for any of us chasing crazy #s is awd + a lighter platform, that basically sends you to a few options, the 911 turbo's, the huracan/r8 platform or the r35 gtr platform, everything else either doesn't have the aftermarket support yet, cost too much effort/money to build or can't put the power down on the street.

The big 3 (911/huracan/gtr) at 700/800 whp are equivalent to what our hellcats can do at 1100-1200 whp, plus these cars are hooking 100x better than us, only differentiating factor is the price, we are just about at the 90-100k price range tops, these cars are anywhere from 150k-400k.
modified stock turbos, and tune will get you high nines on a stock m5, plenty for the street

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Charger HC (once upon a time)
I had to remind folks on the other forum that "warranty" is misleading. Not covered if you race the car which why would you want an upgrade if you weren't racing?
Bingo

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Charger HC (once upon a time)
500 is just right for the street in my opinion.
I was happy with the SC GTO for the most part and that was just 450/450 at the wheels, but then life was different then and the competition was not as fierce. Now, I'd definitely need to step it up. If I get a HC again, I am thinking pulley, injectors, tune, and suspension control module (if it truly seems to live up to its hype)

2pac

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
philadelphia
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 charger hellcat
modified stock turbos, and tune will get you high nines on a stock m5, plenty for the street

Rods scare me on the s63, I think the g80 with the s58 is a better platform, lighter weight, handles better, and stock block is built to handle 1100 hp. S63 sounds so much better tho lol.

But those three cars above are just monsters, think 3 second 60-130 cars, just a whole different level of car.

Unholy707

5000 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orlando
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Dodge Challenger Hellcat
I had an argument with a buddy of mine who has a turbo car. He couldn’t for the life of him understand how DA impacts these cars so much. We can’t just turn a boost controller and force the car to make the same amount of boost no matter what the conditions are. Limited by the pulley

ACMAVRO

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
11 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Ocean Springs
State
MS
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger HC M6
I'm still eyeing a 911 Turbo
Good luck! Picked up this little guy last night. 2015 boxster, 11k mikes, damn near mint
8650EBCA-8FB1-4645-BA6D-B13CC23A84D8.jpeg

mopar madness

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Denton
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 BMW M5
Rods scare me on the s63, I think the g80 with the s58 is a better platform, lighter weight, handles better, and stock block is built to handle 1100 hp. S63 sounds so much better tho lol.

But those three cars above are just monsters, think 3 second 60-130 cars, just a whole different level of car.
they do recommend ethanol injection with the modified turbos if you spend alot of time at the track

2pac

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
philadelphia
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 charger hellcat
they do recommend ethanol injection with the modified turbos if you spend alot of time at the track
Even just tuning the s63 you have to be very conservative, those rods are so weak, some guys started upgrading rod bearings so maybe that's the solution, but thats what I love about the hellcat the motor/trans are good for up to 1000 crank

2ndAmend

1000 Posts Club
Premium Account
10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seacoast
State
NH
Country
United States
Vehicle
20HCM6 22RENBS2
Even just tuning the s63 you have to be very conservative, those rods are so weak, some guys started upgrading rod bearings so maybe that's the solution, but thats what I love about the hellcat the motor/trans are good for up to 1000 crank
My Serv Mgr said the same thing, the German cars are finely engineered and have little margin, but the HC engine is "robust".

Finface

Member ID
Reactions
City
Morning View
State
KY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger Hellcat Redeye Wide Body
Point me in the right direction if there is a thread on this already...

Background to my question - the Demon 170's engine (I read, don't know much about HP and engine mods) senses both octane and percentage of ethanol and adjusts for the maximum safe power whatever mix of fuels is happening. This sensing/on the fly tuning sounds like the promised land for guys like me who drive on the street mostly and take their cars to either a drag strip or road course once in a while. Drive there on 93 octane (or 91 if that is all in your neck of the woods) and then maybe throw some 100 octane in the tank at the track pump. Or buy some ethanol fuel. Get something extra on the track for not too much money for an extra fun day.

Am I right in understanding these Dodge stage kits do the same thing for non-Demon 170 engines? Sense the available octane and tune for whatever octane rating is flowing into the engine? Confining the hypothetical mix just to octane rating, not ethanol, of course.

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
The D170 senses ethanol content (not octane) and ups the power based on % of ethanol detected.

The stage kits it's a manual process. Driver has to hit a button on the hand held device to enable HO mode. I'm not sure if the stage kit programming is smart enough to drop out of HO mode if high octane fuel isn't used. That would be something new with these devices if it's able to do that.

2ndAmend

1000 Posts Club
Premium Account
10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seacoast
State
NH
Country
United States
Vehicle
20HCM6 22RENBS2
The D170 senses ethanol content (not octane) and ups the power based on % of ethanol detected.

The stage kits it's a manual process. Driver has to hit a button on the hand held device to enable HO mode. I'm not sure if the stage kit programming is smart enough to drop out of HO mode if high octane fuel isn't used. That would be something new with these devices if it's able to do that.
Makes sense, considering how difficult it is to measure octane. So, if it only senses alcohol content, it probably assumes the remainder of the fuel is 91, plus a safety factor. Since it has a warranty, my guess it will assume more like 89. This is yet another reason to consider aftermarket, so long as you are really good about your fuel, you might do better for cheaper.

I wish the cars had a mechanism that allowed you to pump out the tank. That would be really cool. Like a marine transfer pump. If I were a serious racer, I’d be thinking along those lines.

2pac

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
philadelphia
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 charger hellcat

Isn't wild how something so simple was implemented in the hellcats years ago?

I guess technically hellcat pumps may not be able to handle it but imagine flex fuel capabilities from the factory for redeyes.

2ndAmend

1000 Posts Club
Premium Account
10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seacoast
State
NH
Country
United States
Vehicle
20HCM6 22RENBS2
Isn't wild how something so simple was implemented in the hellcats years ago?

I guess technically hellcat pumps may not be able to handle it but imagine flex fuel capabilities from the factory for redeyes.
If they decided to continue the platform imagine what could have been done.

Unfortunately it is obsolete, we are obsolete, and it is our and everyone's social responsibility to conform. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: F that!!! Kiss my (not so) green A$$!

Unholy707

5000 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orlando
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Dodge Challenger Hellcat
Sooo are they out yet?

Bowlerguy92

10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seacoast
State
NH
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 Hellcat Charger Redeye Widebody

2pac

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
philadelphia
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 charger hellcat

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
Makes sense, considering how difficult it is to measure octane. So, if it only senses alcohol content, it probably assumes the remainder of the fuel is 91, plus a safety factor. Since it has a warranty, my guess it will assume more like 89. This is yet another reason to consider aftermarket, so long as you are really good about your fuel, you might do better for cheaper.

I wish the cars had a mechanism that allowed you to pump out the tank. That would be really cool. Like a marine transfer pump. If I were a serious racer, I’d be thinking along those lines.
If you have fuel rails with the schrader valve you can get a fuel pump relay bypass "switch" and effectively pump the tank out. I went to that when I put the Redeye supercharger on my car. Works awesome.

Sooo are they out yet?
Yep. There's a couple guys on the other forum that have them installed. One hit the track for a comparison and picked up .3 based on his previous PB and 3-4mph. That was on a Redeye and what you'd expect with a smaller pulley and what's effectively a race gas tune. Unless you're just super interested in the warranty aftermarket with a custom tune is a much better route to take.

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
If they decided to continue the platform imagine what could have been done.
I was coming close to wanting an upgrade and if they'd made a Redeye 170 I'd have been all over it. With what they did and where they're headed for at least the next couple years I'm perfectly happy with what I have.