Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

MY TRANSMISSION REPAIR 8hp90

jgilj

1000 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
City
Brooksville
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
21 Challenger Super Stock
Best run of the day for me was 9.59@144
And that bad boy was on a roll!

cole3986

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
8 Second Best E/T
Member ID
City
Lawrenceville
State
NJ
Country
United States
Vehicle
Hellcat, Demon, Trackhawk and project X,
I Love "Racing" where I am!
Because I race :)

You look bad again with your nonsense

Where are your promised up dates on your 6 second build!

Everyone is waiting !

Kudos to you not everyone takes on the Challenge!

Linda :)
Linda,

Post it on my thread, I would love to talk about your 10 second bracket racing. Look bad, look good, look old, look skinny, look fat, look tall, look short, look smart, loot dumb, whatever. Not something that motivates me, keep racing, if you are happy that is all that matters.

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
Man it's way early in the off season for folks to be at each other already LOL. We're all driving Hemis and fast ones so let's high five on that and wish each other the best with our projects.

It’s all on the tcm shift schedule tab. Just need to dig lil bit and you would find it

also, fuel cut off at 6500 for those cars.
That's what confusing. I found two tables that shift at 6700RPM when the base cutoff is 6500, however the max is set to 6700 in the Demon and RE. Something turns that on or it wouldn't be there I think?

Good work @hellno sounds like you've cracked the code on these trans. I've heard rebuilt ones were problematic and yours is performing well. Offer a package.

zhc

Founding Member
7 Second Best E/T
Member ID
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Dodge Charger Hellcat
Man it's way early in the off season for folks to be at each other already LOL. We're all driving Hemis and fast ones so let's high five on that and wish each other the best with our projects.

That's what confusing. I found two tables that shift at 6700RPM when the base cutoff is 6500, however the max is set to 6700 in the Demon and RE. Something turns that on or it wouldn't be there I think?

Good work @hellno sounds like you've cracked the code on these trans. I've heard rebuilt ones were problematic and yours is performing well. Offer a package.
Some of them are used for manual mode and some aren’t used at all. There’s a table that Sumit is referring to that maps out some of it based on shift situation.

Member ID
City
Suwanee
State
GA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat

look at the Hellcat manual table and you would see 6400 too.

zhc

Founding Member
7 Second Best E/T
Member ID
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Dodge Charger Hellcat

And here’s an old trick that’s pretty common knowledge for those that tune these things. If the rev limiter is raised sufficiently above the manual mode shift trigger points, it will shift automatically in manual like it does in paddle and drive. You can also lower the values so that it’s more usable if you don’t want to shift that high and have custom shift points set by whatever mode you’re in. I set my car up where drive is stockish, paddles is elevated, and manual mode is highest.

cole3986

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
8 Second Best E/T
Member ID
City
Lawrenceville
State
NJ
Country
United States
Vehicle
I Love "Racing" where I am!
Because I race :)

You look bad again with your nonsense

Where are your promised up dates on your 6 second build!

Everyone is waiting !

Kudos to you not everyone takes on the Challenge!

Linda :)
Linda,

Still waiting for the post on my thread, I cannot wait to discuss how to run 10.00 in bracket race, I am really excited to discuss, waiting with baited breath

Hpindy

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
City
Jackson's Point
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2018 challenger hellcat

cole3986

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
8 Second Best E/T
Member ID
City
Lawrenceville
State
NJ
Country
United States
Vehicle
Linda,

Linda,

Still waiting, where are you, please tell us how to bracket race 10,00, waiting and waiting

cole3986

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
8 Second Best E/T
Member ID
City
Lawrenceville
State
NJ
Country
United States
Vehicle
And waiting, LOL

SilverBillet

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
City
The Villages
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Jeep GC 5.7 TrailHawk
Not getting any points here but you are showing your azz

cole3986

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
8 Second Best E/T
Member ID
City
Lawrenceville
State
NJ
Country
United States
Vehicle

Hellcatcfp

5000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Dodge Charger SRT Hellcat
Out of respect to @hello, let's not clutter his valuable thread. I appreciate everyone's passion and respect those that push these machines to their limits (and sometimes beyond). Especially those that share their hard earned information unselfishly.

On another note, I spoke with a tech I know and he mentioned they (techs) are not allowed to open up and work on these transmissions under warranty. Anything goes wrong they send it out. Hope everyone is well.

SilverBillet

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
City
The Villages
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Jeep GC 5.7 TrailHawk
Out of respect to @hello, let's not clutter his valuable thread. I appreciate everyone's passion and respect those that push these machines to their limits (and sometimes beyond). Especially those that share their hard earned information unselfishly.

On another note, I spoke with a tech I know and he mentioned they (techs) are not allowed to open up and work on these transmissions under warranty. Anything goes wrong they send it out. Hope everyone is well.
Looks like they could send them to Hellno!!

coolblue

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
City
Long Island
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Redeye
Looks like they could send them to Hellno!!
Hit the nail on the head. If that's true (and I wouldn't want a dealer "tech" touching my tranny anyway) where is this secret or go-to tranny place that the dealer's use? Somebody (besides Hellno!) has to have some info on these things. This is where "the secrecy" thing with the Mopar world drives me crazy. There was a post on the other site about this kinda' stuff (secrecy) that pertained to Demon's group. And now Speedy is logging hours of time trying to find certain info to help out. @hellno tears this thing apart and BAM posts the info for all to see (THANK YOU!). Ok now we're ALL experts LOL. How many of us are gonna pull the tranny and do this even if we knew the info? The percentage of business lost would be 'nill to zero. That's my point on secrecy.

Maxboost

Member ID
City
Fuquay varina
State
NC
Country
United States
Hopefully Southern Hotrod was aware you where planning on using his knowledge to start rebuilding these yourself. If that is your plan.

OP
hellno

hellno

3000 Posts Club
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
City
memphis
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 challenger hellcat
Thread Starter #658
Hopefully Southern Hotrod was aware you where planning on using his knowledge to start rebuilding these yourself. If that is your plan.
Eddie was helpful but as for the knowledge part , I’ve been in the transmission business since 87 and all I did was look on his site and I knew them about the alto kit being used as for adding additional clutches to the packs we have been doing that forever it seems ,and Eddie only said they set the clearance tight , he never said hey Dave we set them to factory or we add extra clearance for additional clutches, there plenty of business to go around as for building these units if someone calls on me to go do them of course i will, bottom line is if you have a good product it sells itself,why people build these units and they won’t shift , I only have opinions , I’d have to pull one of them apart to figure it out

jgilj

1000 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
City
Brooksville
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
21 Challenger Super Stock
I know if my trans took a dump I’d be driving 14 hours North! Hellno!!!!

OP
hellno

hellno

3000 Posts Club
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
City
memphis
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 challenger hellcat
Thread Starter #660
I believe most her will never experience a transmission problem but ones who pare pushing these cars eventually will or have already experienced it