Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Live action from FUMANCHU182.

16GoManGoHC2

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Nanticoke
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger He’ll Cat
Drove the car, diff is no louder than than what I was dealing with. Since its gear based the power is instant.

I did make a quick hit to accelerate past a goonie, the power was there, wheels didn’t spin.
So what your saying is same tires, about same speed, stock diff you would have spun and with wave track you didn’t?

OP
fumanchu182

fumanchu182

3000 Posts Club
Vendor
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Pasadena
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger SRT Hellcat
Thread Starter #1,902
So is the the ring gear/pinion mesh that make these loud or the carrier
To be fair I am going deaf. Loud is relative. No matter what you do, if you hit a one wheel peel that's a wrap in my opinion. What's a clutch disc without clutch material, another friction, and they make noise. I also think for some reason the coast side of the gear was making noise. But I have the diff and I can break it down. I can use it for a core if someone wants a wavetrac built.

OP
fumanchu182

fumanchu182

3000 Posts Club
Vendor
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Pasadena
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #1,903
So what your saying is same tires, about same speed, stock diff you would have spun and with wave track you didn’t?
I was absolutely sideways with the previous diff.

16GoManGoHC2

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Nanticoke
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
I was absolutely sideways with the previous diff.
Good to hear. My cat has never kicked out, when she spins it’s always both tires and it’s either complete break loose and black marks and smoke for however long you keep it going, like the Dodge commercials, or grip slip squiggle shimmy all the way to 140 ( the usual but still does 5.3 or so 60-130) ie, no bad tendencies. Sounds like the clutch packs in your original diff were shot? My car has never just spun one tire, or given all the power to the gripping tire and put me out of wack. My Fox body Capri yea, that car wants to kill you when it starts fish tailing. My cat no, you can ride it out shimmying and squiggling at the edge of traction as far as your balls will take you, weird your car had such bad tendancies, bad Diff it sounds like? I’d like to try one someday. Anxious to hear your impressions after a track visit.
My friend had a Thorsen type diff in his 17 Stang, that car SUCKED when it would start spinning, get out of wack quick if you didn’t get out of it, round and round you’d go. He switched to a traditional traction lock rear after too many twirls. This Wavetrack design is intriguing.

OP
fumanchu182

fumanchu182

3000 Posts Club
Vendor
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Pasadena
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #1,905
Good to hear. My cat has never kicked out, when she spins it’s always both tires and it’s either complete break loose and black marks and smoke for however long you keep it going, like the Dodge commercials, or grip slip squiggle shimmy all the way to 140 ( the usual but still does 5.3 or so 60-130) ie, no bad tendencies. Sounds like the clutch packs in your original diff were shot? My car has never just spun one tire, or given all the power to the gripping tire and put me out of wack. My Fox body Capri yea, that car wants to kill you when it starts fish tailing. My cat no, you can ride it out shimmying and squiggling at the edge of traction as far as your balls will take you, weird your car had such bad tendancies, bad Diff it sounds like? I’d like to try one someday. Anxious to hear your impressions after a track visit.
My friend had a Thorsen type diff in his 17 Stang, that car SUCKED when it would start spinning, get out of wack quick if you didn’t get out of it, round and round you’d go. He switched to a traditional traction lock rear after too many twirls. This Wavetrack design is intriguing.
Car is being prepped for Sunday. Well know then.

OP
fumanchu182

fumanchu182

3000 Posts Club
Vendor
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Pasadena
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #1,906
Car is done for 2023. Did a wheelie, broke axles. I’m done for the season. It was fun while it lasted.

IMG_0463.jpeg IMG_0463.jpeg

Attachments

Unholy707

5000 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orlando
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Dodge Challenger Hellcat
Hopefully someone got. Pic of the wheelie! Sorry to hear that man, but wow at least you know the engine is healthy and the wavetrac works!

16GoManGoHC2

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Nanticoke
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
The only axles worth a damn. Demon axles.
I suggest Try the new DSS boltless ones next

16GoManGoHC2

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Nanticoke
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
But good to hear she’s running strong enough to break them!

Unholy707

5000 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orlando
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
OP
fumanchu182

fumanchu182

3000 Posts Club
Vendor
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Pasadena
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #1,911
I suggest Try the new DSS boltless ones next
No, the bank is empty. Im putting my other demon ones in. 2.85 pulley and im done.

16GoManGoHC2

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Nanticoke
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
No, the bank is empty. Im putting my other demon ones in. 2.85 pulley and im done.
I here ya there, these cars will break the bank no doubt. With any luck you’ll win the lottery before spring.

16GoManGoHC2

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Nanticoke
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle

16GoManGoHC2

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Nanticoke
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Be sure and measure the Diff side stubs to make sure they are at least 1.414” min 1.416” best or they will wobble and shake in the Diff.

IMG_7127.jpeg IMG_7124.jpeg

Unholy707

5000 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orlando
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Be sure and measure the Diff side stubs to make sure they are at least 1.414” min 1.416” best or they will wobble and shake in the Diff.

View attachment 117056 View attachment 117057
Why would you have to measure a brand new product that’s supposed to be machined perfectly. Getting tired of these aftermarket axle companies

OP
fumanchu182

fumanchu182

3000 Posts Club
Vendor
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Pasadena
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #1,916
Why would you have to measure a brand new product that’s supposed to be machined perfectly. Getting tired of these aftermarket axle companies
Yeah … that … just put the last nail in the coffin. 2200 bucks for something that cant be made to .000 specs is absolutely absurd.

16GoManGoHC2

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Nanticoke
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Yeah … that … just put the last nail in the coffin. 2200 bucks for something that cant be made to .000 specs is absolutely absurd.
Agree, but until “somebody” started checking parts because the got a set that’s wobbled in their Diff and pointed such out to them why they didn’t know they had a problem. They now do some QC checking of incoming parts from their suppliers, they should be doing more, most ALL of them. This Not just DSS axles but GForce too. There also was issues with material hardness differences from stub to stub which now they are checking such as well.
Many top name suppers having quality issues from parts not made in house, Comp Cams for instance, hardening issues with their cam shafts. Personally I’d use Cam Dynamics over Comp atm. Whipple, their name is becoming mud because of crappy out sourced parts and then mistakes of under-skilled or under caring workers putting the stuff together poorly or altogether wrong or disgruntled workers doing things wrong on purpose. I pity those buying new cats or anything in general, I think they’re going to be in for unpleasant experiences.

OP
fumanchu182

fumanchu182

3000 Posts Club
Vendor
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Pasadena
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #1,918
Agree, but until “somebody” started checking parts because the got a set that’s wobbled in their Diff and pointed such out to them why they didn’t know they had a problem. They now do some QC checking of incoming parts from their suppliers, they should be doing more, most ALL of them. This Not just DSS axles but GForce too. There also was issues with material hardness differences from stub to stub which now they are checking such as well.
Many top name suppers having quality issues from parts not made in house, Comp Cams for instance, hardening issues with their cam shafts. Personally I’d use Cam Dynamics over Comp atm. Whipple, their name is becoming mud because of crappy out sourced parts and then mistakes of under-skilled or under caring workers putting the stuff together poorly or altogether wrong or disgruntled workers doing things wrong on purpose. I pity those buying new cats or anything in general, I think they’re going to be in for unpleasant experiences.
I was part of the G-Force material issues, they still refused warranty, threw them in the trash and filed a BBB and chargeback on the CC.

OP
fumanchu182

fumanchu182

3000 Posts Club
Vendor
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Pasadena
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #1,919
So I just made an executive decision, after talking with family and friends it's time to wrap it up. Everyone on here wants me to keep spending but I just cant anymore. This years damage report:

MIR March:
Driveshaft - broke

Capitol April:
Differential #1 - broke
Outlaw G-Force Axles - broke

May:
Surprisingly nothing, went to Rockingham and had a blast.

June:
MMX engine #1 was a dud

July:
No engine, bought a riding mower, more reliable than my fucking Hellcat

August:
MMX Motor #2 is back in, healthy as all hell.
White smoke a palooza. @Jon-MooredPerformanceLLC rewrote the entire startup, no longer pissing e85 at start. UPR vented catch can is also a game changer. No more moisture.
Differential is showing signs of hurt.

September:
Differential #2 is for sure on it's way out. Build wavetrac.

October:
Break axles or something underneath rear of car. Make left onto return road after making a hellacious pass. 9.51 @ 147mph in shit DA, all you hear is crunch crunch, only happens on left turns, not on right turns.

I will be getting underneath the car tomorrow to finalize and inventory the damage. Axles may be the initial guess but on the quick-jacks will be the real tell tale will be tomorrow. I will no longer be racing the car, I'm trying to buy a dyno at the end of the year to help enrich the automotive community near me and make some money helping people get tuned. I can't keep pouring money into this car when it just keeps breaking axles and differentials.

16GoManGoHC2

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Nanticoke
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
So I just made an executive decision, after talking with family and friends it's time to wrap it up. Everyone on here wants me to keep spending but I just cant anymore. This years damage report:

MIR March:
Driveshaft - broke

Capitol April:
Differential #1 - broke
Outlaw G-Force Axles - broke

May:
Surprisingly nothing, went to Rockingham and had a blast.

June:
MMX engine #1 was a dud

July:
No engine, bought a riding mower, more reliable than my fucking Hellcat

August:
MMX Motor #2 is back in, healthy as all hell.
White smoke a palooza. @Jon-MooredPerformanceLLC rewrote the entire startup, no longer pissing e85 at start. UPR vented catch can is also a game changer. No more moisture.
Differential is showing signs of hurt.

September:
Differential #2 is for sure on it's way out. Build wavetrac.

October:
Break axles or something underneath rear of car. Make left onto return road after making a hellacious pass. 9.51 @ 147mph in shit DA, all you hear is crunch crunch, only happens on left turns, not on right turns.

I will be getting underneath the car tomorrow to finalize and inventory the damage. Axles may be the initial guess but on the quick-jacks will be the real tell tale will be tomorrow. I will no longer be racing the car, I'm trying to buy a dyno at the end of the year to help enrich the automotive community near me and make some money helping people get tuned. I can't keep pouring money into this car when it just keeps breaking axles and differentials.
Understandable. Breaking Axles and Diffs is what turned me away from the 1/4 track as well for the same reason, not enough time and money anymore to keep doing it.
It’s not that we wanted you to keep spending, we (at least me) just wanted to see you get to the happy place you were trying to get to and have fun. 9.51 at 147 no slouch of a pass but understandable the pain for 10 seconds of fun just isn’t worth it, I’m with ya buddy.