Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Live action from FUMANCHU182.

zhc

Founding Member
7 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Dodge Charger Hellcat
OP
fumanchu182

fumanchu182

3000 Posts Club
Vendor
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Pasadena
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger SRT Hellcat
Thread Starter #1,522
Mine are gutted 😂, only keep them cause any spacer/defouler has never worked.

OP
fumanchu182

fumanchu182

3000 Posts Club
Vendor
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Pasadena
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #1,523
Attaching two logs just so you can see what the two step is like. One of the things that has me most excited is that the throttle is open and the cold air is coming in and the IAT's are dropping. God bless the IC Chiller. Compared to power braking the car gets hot quicker.

Attachments

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
Last edited:
OP
fumanchu182

fumanchu182

3000 Posts Club
Vendor
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Pasadena
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #1,526

Update, added a led to let me know when its active.

OP
fumanchu182

fumanchu182

3000 Posts Club
Vendor
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Pasadena
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #1,527
The experiment is over. Two step is for sale. Car leaves on way too much boost. Blew the tires off every time. Will include harness, led lights, foot switch assembly and bracket and 2-step box.

Unholy707

5000 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orlando
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Dodge Challenger Hellcat
The experiment is over. Two step is for sale. Car leaves on way too much boost. Blew the tires off every time. Will include harness, led lights, foot switch assembly and bracket and 2-step box.
Really? It shouldn’t be leaving with any boost - did you enable torque reserve in the tune? What’s the lowest rpm you can set it at? 2k? The bypass should be open even though you’re on the 2 step I would have thought

OP
fumanchu182

fumanchu182

3000 Posts Club
Vendor
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Pasadena
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #1,529
Just not a good outing at the track.

1686506165017.png
^ Track couldn't take the hit, was leaving on 12PSI. Spun like a mf'er 10.xx @ 14X mph

1686505840872.png
^ Too high of a burnout and banged off eight at 218mph. Transmission through a U0402 implausible data. This was my fault forgot to put the paddle shifter on when doing a burnout. Car was not happy.

1686505900457.png
^ left so damn hard It banged off second gear four times before it went into limp mode. 68xx, 68xx, 66xx, 66xx. Not a good situation. Decided fuck this 2-step.

1686506269425.png
^ Power braking 1200RPM, little bit of wheel spin 9.6 and car felt solid.

I am leaving the 2-step on. However I am putting a hard switch on it and will leave it off till @Jon-MooredPerformanceLLC and I have a chance to sit down and figure out a strategy for it. I also am not refreshing the ET Street Radial Pros once the are burned through. These radials are very prep dependent. I am going back to a DBR as they seem to love any type of prep. I am also removing the Sportsman S/R up front. Too damn heavy. I will be moving to the Hoosier bias ply 28x4.5-18. I could get away with driving the Mickey T's for small trips, I will not entertain that on the Hoosiers. I have my setups for street ready to go. Welds all around with ET Street R's. Not for speed, just cruising around.

I'm leaving on 12PSI of boost in one of these passes and it's just nutters but if I compare it to the power braking when I start to move I'm on 8psi. I don't think 4psi is that much of a difference but then I look at Cleetus mcfarland. He's leaving on 12PSI but has a hell of a suspension setup to make it work. I don't want to change the suspension. Diff, axles and driveshaft are all in working condition thank you Jesus!

OP
fumanchu182

fumanchu182

3000 Posts Club
Vendor
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Pasadena
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #1,530
Really? It shouldn’t be leaving with any boost - did you enable torque reserve in the tune? What’s the lowest rpm you can set it at? 2k? The bypass should be open even though you’re on the 2 step I would have thought
When you are using a 2-step all it does is interrupt the ignition setting. It doesn't not interfere with the throttle or bypass at all. When your foot is on the accelerator to the floor the throttle is wide open and the bypass is closed to make maximum boost. That's just how it works on our cars.

Unholy707

5000 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orlando
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Just not a good outing at the track.

View attachment 107739
^ Track couldn't take the hit, was leaving on 12PSI. Spun like a mf'er 10.xx @ 14X mph

View attachment 107737
^ Too high of a burnout and banged off eight at 218mph. Transmission through a U0402 implausible data. This was my fault forgot to put the paddle shifter on when doing a burnout. Car was not happy.

View attachment 107738
^ left so damn hard It banged off second gear four times before it went into limp mode. 68xx, 68xx, 66xx, 66xx. Not a good situation. Decided fuck this 2-step.

View attachment 107740
^ Power braking 1200RPM, little bit of wheel spin 9.6 and car felt solid.

I am leaving the 2-step on. However I am putting a hard switch on it and will leave it off till @Jon-MooredPerformanceLLC and I have a chance to sit down and figure out a strategy for it. I also am not refreshing the ET Street Radial Pros once the are burned through. These radials are very prep dependent. I am going back to a DBR as they seem to love any type of prep. I am also removing the Sportsman S/R up front. Too damn heavy. I will be moving to the Hoosier bias ply 28x4.5-18. I could get away with driving the Mickey T's for small trips, I will not entertain that on the Hoosiers. I have my setups for street ready to go. Welds all around with ET Street R's. Not for speed, just cruising around.

I'm leaving on 12PSI of boost in one of these passes and it's just nutters but if I compare it to the power braking when I start to move I'm on 8psi. I don't think 4psi is that much of a difference but then I look at Cleetus mcfarland. He's leaving on 12PSI but has a hell of a suspension setup to make it work. I don't want to change the suspension. Diff, axles and driveshaft are all in working condition thank you Jesus!
that’s good news about driveline being intact. I do think some things can be adjusted in the tune at launch that would be the 2step more feasible. Interesting about the pros, what psi did you have in them? I have ran my text street rs down to 15. Prep is always a factor. M6 cars like a bias ply to blunt dumping the clutch, autos like a stiffer radial. You could have been making an extra what, 20hp with each lb of boost? So from 8-12, that could be a pretty big difference. Could try pulling some timing out to compensate for the higher boost

Unholy707

5000 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orlando
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
When you are using a 2-step all it does is interrupt the ignition setting. It doesn't not interfere with the throttle or bypass at all. When your foot is on the accelerator to the floor the throttle is wide open and the bypass is closed to make maximum boost. That's just how it works on our cars.
I guess I’m thinking more of how the factory launch control does it then, I was always under the impression you could not build boost without using torque reserve on the line to close the bypass and allow it to build boost

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
Will probably have to fiddle with the torque reserve feature. It's torque based and cracks the bypass open to achieve desired launch torque. I played with it a little but never had any luck with it and gave up but admittedly didn't put much effort in.

jonx96

4000 Posts Club
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Small town
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger Redeye
We may have to open that bypass a little for you

OP
fumanchu182

fumanchu182

3000 Posts Club
Vendor
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Pasadena
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #1,535
Cecil was supposed to be the final send on the 67k motor, however the weather godess is a spiteful mistress in celebration of 67k hard miles please enjoy this short I made.

The new motor is required to have 500 break in miles. After that MMX said fucking send it. Throwing caution to the wind and my bank account into the trash, first up 200 shot. Im probably gonna shit on every “street car” in Maryland. Im heading to MIR after the break in miles and lighting the world on fire 😉

jonx96

4000 Posts Club
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Small town
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger Redeye
Cecil was supposed to be the final send on the 67k motor, however the weather godess is a spiteful mistress in celebration of 67k hard miles please enjoy this short I made.

The new motor is required to have 500 break in miles. After that MMX said fucking send it. Throwing caution to the wind and my bank account into the trash, first up 200 shot. Im probably gonna shit on every “street car” in Maryland. Im heading to MIR after the break in miles and lighting the world on fire 😉
A 200 shot you say 🤔

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
Child's play

HMBRGLR

10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Stockton
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 Challenger Hellcat

just stay on your side of maryland so i dont feel so inferior. lol

OP
fumanchu182

fumanchu182

3000 Posts Club
Vendor
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Pasadena
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #1,539

HMBRGLR

10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Stockton
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 Challenger Hellcat
Yes, you ready to tune me? 😁

Great horror movie!

I am now the self proclaimed Hellcat King of Marylandistan.
Your maryland and my maryland are two totally different worlds. lol