Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Live action from FUMANCHU182.

OP
fumanchu182

fumanchu182

3000 Posts Club
Vendor
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Pasadena
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger SRT Hellcat
Thread Starter #41
-1424 DA are you kidding! I see B Mason in Texas going out with -1000 DA and better all the time in the cooler months. Best I have seen in Michigan in the last few years is -500.
It would be a treat to get -500 DA, unfortunately I live in a swamp, literally and figuratively. MD is a swamp, D.C right near me is a swamp. :ROFLMAO:

moparjim

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Vaudreuil
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
Forgot to review the logs. Looks like in a few places Tq is dropping off. Correlated items are Inj duty cycle hitting close to 100%, spark dropping. Wonder what the culprit is.

View attachment 21755

View attachment 21756
Interesting. I now wish I could have gone back today to log my car. Unfortunately it's supposed to rain and my wife needed my truck so I can't tow today.
Today's weather is supposed to be worse than yesterday here for heat and humidity.
Am I reading this correctly?
When the inj dc goes up it looks like timing drops?
Cat over temp went up in timing as well as adding fuel.
I am no tuner by any means just trying to learn as much as I can.

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
It would be a treat to get -500 DA, unfortunately I live in a swamp, literally and figuratively. MD is a swamp, D.C right near me is a swamp. :ROFLMAO:
Maryland gets some good DA in the fall unless that is a different track then what you go to

moparjim

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Vaudreuil
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
Good deal, adding the DA, I also have temp & humidity on my hand written chart. Humidity is one of the biggest factors for good ET's & DA is a # of all the factors together.
View attachment 20934
Jeez I just took a look at this chart closer. Dang -1400 DA and the temps are over 45f. Here it requires temps below 32f. LOL
We get ice in the water box. But if some cars show up, we can hook and the cold air with 25% or less humidity is real good for making power. Unfortunately we may only get 1 day like that, 2 if we are lucky. Then the snow shows up and screws up everything for 5 to 6 months.

moparjim

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Vaudreuil
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
Maryland gets some good DA in the fall unless that is a different track then what you go to
That's what I was thinking. I remember seeing Cecil in Nov/Dec is kinda like us here in Oct/Nov.

OP
fumanchu182

fumanchu182

3000 Posts Club
Vendor
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Pasadena
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #46
Interesting. I now wish I could have gone back today to log my car. Unfortunately it's supposed to rain and my wife needed my truck so I can't tow today.
Today's weather is supposed to be worse than yesterday here for heat and humidity.
Definitely broke the Threshold values of 1749F, wonder if it is because launch control gets the exhaust hotter than potentially power braking. I'll have to look back at old logs for when I was power braking.

moparjim

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Vaudreuil
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
Definitely broke the Threshold values of 1749F, wonder if it is because launch control gets the exhaust hotter than potentially power braking. I'll have to look back at old logs for when I was power braking.
I still find it odd it took out timing yet added fuel. Not what my car was doing. I could be reading wrong though.🤷‍♂️

Mean Cat

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger Hellcat
Jeez I just took a look at this chart closer. Dang -1400 DA and the temps are over 45f. Here it requires temps below 32f. LOL
We get ice in the water box. But if some cars show up, we can hook and the cold air with 25% or less humidity is real good for making power. Unfortunately we may only get 1 day like that, 2 if we are lucky. Then the snow shows up and screws up everything for 5 to 6 months.
The DA #'s that is showing on my chart in the pic, I was getting from ADO at those times, which does show 200 > 500 higher, so take that as you want, now since the track went to the track app I use that which shows lower DA vs. ADO. My track is also 39' above sea level so if your at higher elevation that might explain some of the DA # vs. ambient temp also.

Mean Cat

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger Hellcat
I think if the inj. DC goes up it will pull timing some & when COT goes up it will add fuel to cool cats.

Mean Cat

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger Hellcat
I still find it odd it took out timing yet added fuel. Not what my car was doing. I could be reading wrong though.🤷‍♂️
There's a lot of other factors being calculated to do what ever it's adjusting.

Mean Cat

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger Hellcat
I wouldn't think it matters whether your foot braking or LC, if your not giving it enough time to cool off between passes the COT will be effected.

moparjim

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Vaudreuil
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
The DA #'s that is showing on my chart in the pic, I was getting from ADO at those times, which does show 200 > 500 higher, so take that as you want, now since the track went to the track app I use that which shows lower DA vs. ADO. My track is also 39' above sea level so if your at higher elevation that might explain some of the DA # vs. ambient temp also.
My track is 197' altitude so not the issue in comparison. It's more where you are vs me.

moparjim

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Vaudreuil
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
I think if the inj. DC goes up it will pull timing some & when COT goes up it will add fuel to cool cats.
Ah! Now see I wasn't thinking that way. When my car adds fuel to cool cats my timing goes up to 17. So I was thinking only that way.
Now why is inj duty cycle so high?
Even in cat overtemp mine only climbs to about 80-83.
Weak fuel pump maybe? Fuel pressure drop?🤷‍♂️

Mean Cat

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger Hellcat
Ah! Now see I wasn't thinking that way. When my car adds fuel to cool cats my timing goes up to 17. So I was thinking only that way.
Now why is inj duty cycle so high?
Even in cat overtemp mine only climbs to about 80-83.
Weak fuel pump maybe? Fuel pressure drop?🤷‍♂️
That may be a possibility, normally in COT, it's gonna be higher, it might see it in the low to mid 90's or higher depending how hot the cats are ?

Last edited:

Mean Cat

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger Hellcat
My track is 197' altitude so not the issue in comparison. It's more where you are vs me.
Yes, you were saying my DA & temps vs. yours, lol.

OP
fumanchu182

fumanchu182

3000 Posts Club
Vendor
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Pasadena
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #56
Well even worse news. Drove home that night with the drag pack. It was raining so I had to do 25 mph on the road the entire time. Spun out and had a butt puckering moment. Changing back to my street setup I inspected the tires, they are flat spotted in the rear. ☹️ I have a full set of Hoosiers I can put on. Oh boy... gonna have to change em at the track.

Mean Cat

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger Hellcat
-1424 DA are you kidding! I see B Mason in Texas going out with -1000 DA and better all the time in the cooler months. Best I have seen in Michigan in the last few years is -500.
Yep, B Mason is one of my buddy's that I going racing with at HRP.

Mean Cat

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger Hellcat
Well even worse news. Drove home that night with the drag pack. It was raining so I had to do 25 mph on the road the entire time. Spun out and had a butt puckering moment. Changing back to my street setup I inspected the tires, they are flat spotted in the rear. ☹️ I have a full set of Hoosiers I can put on. Oh boy... gonna have to change em at the track.
So you didn't tag anything on the spin out ?
Time for new tires, I hate changing at the track, too much, I never have either.

OP
fumanchu182

fumanchu182

3000 Posts Club
Vendor
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Pasadena
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #59
So you didn't tag anything on the spin out ?
Time for new tires, I hate changing at the track, too much, I never have either.
Nope thank Jesus had three lanes to myself at 1am. Came close to the left lane guard rail. I was in the right most lane. It happened as I was going down hill and attempted to brake for a red light. Facing traffic will make definitely clinch.

Mean Cat

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger Hellcat
Nope thank Jesus had three lanes to myself at 1am. Came close to the left lane guard rail. I was in the right most lane. It happened as I was going down hill and attempted to brake for a red light. Facing traffic will make definitely clinch.
Glad you & car are ok then, that is scary, I have done that a long time ago in a Carola with bald tires & spun out on the frwy & hit the guard rail & was facing the other way as traffic went by. I learned my lesson with trying to get a little more out of tires. :LOL: