Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Lil Devils

Felt

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Philadelphia
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Redeye Challenger

Blkout

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Warner Robins
State
GA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
@Blkout I'm guessing you left the rubber piece off in Hunter's picture when you mounted the splash guards?
Correct. There'd no room for that piece and the ZL1 splash guard.

Last edited:

AlleyCat

500 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Oro Valley
State
AZ
Country
United States
Vehicle
16 HC Challenger
Here's some new pics of mine I took today. Sun wasn't fully out so it was a little overcast. Tomorrow's weather looking cloudy all day so these will have to do. View attachment 14782

View attachment 14784 View attachment 14785 View attachment 14786
It looks aesthetically real good. It could be because you are using 335s it did not hit the fender on bumps with passengers and/or stuff in the trunk. Did you put the mud guards on without drilling into the flare for that upper screw? Just don't go to 345s.

Blkout

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Warner Robins
State
GA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
It looks aesthetically real good. It could be because you are using 335s it did not hit the fender on bumps with passengers and/or stuff in the trunk. Did you put the mud guards on without drilling into the flare for that upper screw? Just don't go to 345s.
I didn't use the top hole on the rear ZL1 splash guards. I used 3M double sided tape there to stick them to the flares. I had originally thought about going with a 345 after the 335's wear out but now I don't know. It would be nice to have the Michelin PS4S which they don't make in a 335, but there's not really any more tread width compared to the 335 Michelin PSS, the 345 will be slightly taller though and have more sidewall bulge, both of which I don't really need. The 335's seem to have the right tire height for the look I want and they already max out the width I have available with the fender flares. Sucks there aren't more tire choices, Michelin isn't cheap. Would love to have a Continental ExtremeContact Sport in a 335, but they don't make one in a 335/30, only a 335/25 which is a really short tire and I would have some fender gap.

OP
Paladin06

Paladin06

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Army Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Clarksville
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger Hellcat/2019 Challenger Redeye
Thread Starter #185
Fronts arriving Tuesday.

Hunter

9000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Army Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Moss Point
State
MS
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images

coolblue

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Long Island
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Redeye
Well I just ordered my pair of Lil' Devils. Thanks @Paladin06 for the direct # to Bill. And thanks to all for pics and input on this thread....I hate all you guys. LOL.
Now, I still hate you but need your help.....what's the best tire, wheel, width, combo for this setup without going MAX out. I'm looking to do a 10 1/2 wide wheel with a 315/35. But maybe someone knows of a proven setup slightly wider with rim width and offset that's spot on and doesn't rub. Again, I'm afraid of rubbing issues in a real world scenario with full movement of suspension. I don't want a 1/32" clearance that's good usually, but over bigger bumps and whoops in the road hits and rubs. Something that fits comfortably but still relatively fills out the extra width nicely. Thanks.

Last edited:

Hunter

9000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Army Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Moss Point
State
MS
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
Well I just ordered my pair of Lil' Devils. Thanks @Paladin06 for the direct # to Bill. And thanks to all for pics and input on this thread....I hate all you guys. LOL.
Now, I still hate you but need your help.....what's the best tire, wheel, width, combo for this setup without going MAX out. I'm looking to do a 10 1/2 wide wheel with a 315/35. But maybe someone knows of a proven setup with rim width and offset that's spot on and doesn't rub. Again, I'm afraid of rubbing issues in a real world scenario with full movement of suspension. I don't want a 1/32" clearance that's good usually, but over bigger bumps and whoops in the road hits and rubs. Something that fits comfortably but still relatively fills out the extra width nicely. Thanks.
Don't know what you're willing to pay for wheels, but Biz @TRIUMPH worked with Bill @ Phillips to come up with a 11.5 wheel that works without doing any inner wheel well mods.

Blkout

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Warner Robins
State
GA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
Now, I still hate you but need your help.....what's the best tire, wheel, width, combo for this setup without going MAX out. I'm looking to do a 10 1/2 wide wheel with a 315/35. But maybe someone knows of a proven setup with rim width and offset that's spot on and doesn't rub. Again, I'm afraid of rubbing issues in a real world scenario with full movement of suspension. I don't want a 1/32" clearance that's good usually, but over bigger bumps and whoops in the road hits and rubs. Something that fits comfortably but still relatively fills out the extra width nicely. Thanks.
You buying new wheels? If so and you're going with a 315, all you would need is a wheel that is 10.5" wide with 25mm more offset than the stock wheels to push them out just a bit, since the stock wheels don't rub at all with a 305 tire. You MIGHT even be able to get away with a 10.5" replica wheel on the rear with a 6mm spacer but its going to be very close.

Last edited:

coolblue

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Long Island
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Redeye
Don't know what you're willing to pay for wheels, but Biz @TRIUMPH worked with Bill @ Phillips to come up with a 11.5 wheel that works without doing any inner wheel well mods.[/QUOTE

Yea prob def out of my price range for what I want at this point (1000+ a rim?). Thanks though hunter. I'd be more interested in the actual offsets to rim width.

coolblue

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Long Island
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Redeye
You buying new wheels? If so and you're going with a 315, all you would need is a wheel with 10mm more offset than the stock wheels to push them out just a bit, since the stock wheels don't rub at all with a 305 tire.
I'm actually good with the original looks of the rims at this point. I was gonna get The Hellraiser HR5 replicas for the rear at 10 1/2" wide and put on the 315's for more meat, but I don't know the offsets to compare with wider rims and tires.

OP
Paladin06

Paladin06

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Army Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Clarksville
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #192
I'm actually good with the original looks of the rims at this point. I was gonna get The Hellraiser HR5 replicas for the rear at 10 1/2" wide and put on the 315's for more meat, but I don't know the offsets to compare with wider rims and tires.
I presently have a 10.5 on the rear and 10 on the front. I discussed wheel and tire options with Bill @phillips performance and he agreed a that a 315/35 is not a problem with plenty of room. I already have Nitto’s 315/35 for the rear on order.

He also recommended the combinations below.
6515BDAE-F691-424D-A6DA-08BF43A15401.jpeg

Last edited:

coolblue

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Long Island
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Redeye
Don't know what you're willing to pay for wheels, but Biz @TRIUMPH worked with Bill @ Phillips to come up with a 11.5 wheel that works without doing any inner wheel well mods.
You buying new wheels? If so and you're going with a 315, all you would need is a wheel that is 10.5" wide with 25mm more offset than the stock wheels to push them out just a bit, since the stock wheels don't rub at all with a 305 tire. You MIGHT even be able to get away with a 10.5" replica wheel on the rear with a 6mm spacer but its going to be very close.
I presently have a 10.5 on the rear and 10 on the front. I discussed wheel and tire options with Bill @phillips performance and he agreed a that a 315/35 is not a problem with plenty of room. I already Nitto’s 315/35 for the rear.

He also recommended the combinations below.
View attachment 15713
THANKS EVERYBODY

Davoo376

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Boston
State
MA
Country
United States
Vehicle
16 Hellcat Challenger
03967C26-3246-412F-95B4-687179A00592.jpeg
I got around to putting my flares on today and I really like the way it came out! I used the plastic rivet tool technique which worked great. Thank you for all the help and tips. Now on to wheels...

OP
Paladin06

Paladin06

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Army Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Clarksville
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #195
View attachment 16054
I got around to putting my flares on today and I really like the way it came out! I used the plastic rivet tool technique which worked great. Thank you for all the help and tips. Now on to wheels...
Looks awesome. I used the plastic tool technique also. Thanks @Hunter .

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
View attachment 16054
awesome looking flares...now..you stand out

Hunter

9000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Army Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Moss Point
State
MS
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images

Felt

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Philadelphia
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Redeye Challenger
I'm going to give the plastic rivet method a go myself and try my luck with the JLT or RPI rock guards while I'm at it once I get back to good ole' US of A. Bill Phillips exchanged my NIB Gen 1 set and sent me the Gen 2 flares. No questions asked, seems like a straight up guy, they should be at the house soon.

Hickster

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seminole
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Hellcat Challenger
Looks very good.

Hunter

9000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Army Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Moss Point
State
MS
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
So with the rear flares (magnetic), no one is having fitment issues?
Paid 1700 and my rear flares (taped) suck on fitment.