Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

lightweight lithium battery. thoughts?

Rcasa20

Founding Member
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Indian Shores
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Redeye Widebody (sold)

Rcasa20

Founding Member
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Indian Shores
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle

DRAGRCR

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Death Valley
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Hornet
Wow, as usual, looks like @DRAGRCR took it to another level when I just looked up his battery. Again, just wow! https://braillebattery.com/products/i49ce-1
Just so you know, I would not buy that battery again. I had a really good tax return sitting there and wanted to get something for the Demon. I 100% would buy the COX battery right now if I was in the market for one........

Now you know why I went out of my way to swap my battery into my Buddy's Hellcat just before selling the Demon. And now we swapped again so he has my new assembly line battery from the RedEye and I have my Braille back. No way did I want that battery to go with the Demon because the people buying the car did not need or appreciate having it.

I did run that battery down in the staging lanes at Famoso on a hot day. I had enabled the after run cooldown system and was not paying attention as I made several moves in the staging lane because it was really long/crowded. Each time I moved the car it kicked off another 5 minute run cycle.

NOTE: And Pay Attention. The permissive for the battery condition being good (green check mark), to run that system is DISABLED with a Lithium Ion Battery. This is because of the Lithium Ion's higher voltage and the fact that it maintains it's voltage until the VERY END ! ! !

MaxCarnage

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Spokane Valley
State
WA
Country
United States
Vehicle
19' Redeye
HFCOTM
View Images
@Octanewide

Is there a recommended trickle charger to run with the DCR battery? I see they have one on their website, but I wouldn't want one permanently attached to my car. How long can your car sit before the battery would be dead? Mostly I just drive my car weekends (Also stored in winter).

Octanewide

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
House of power
State
IL
Country
United States
@Octanewide

Is there a recommended trickle charger to run with the DCR battery? I see they have one on their website, but I wouldn't want one permanently attached to my car. How long can your car sit before the battery would be dead? Mostly I just drive my car weekends (Also stored in winter).
I have had this charger for over a year now. I use it in the winter 100% of the time as my Hellcat sits in hibernation. I have it mounted next to where the car sits and I installed the quick plugin that comes with the charger under the hood. During the driving season it's not on the charger much and I've never lost a charge on that battery.

CTEK (56-926) LITHIUM US 12 Volt Fully Automatic LiFePO4 Battery Charger https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00EUF6UM8/ref=cm_sw_r_other_apa_i_CBITEbPM72QTM

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Octanewide

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
House of power
State
IL
Country
United States
@Octanewide

Here is the underhood charging hookup for that ctek charger.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

DemonSRT

500 Posts Club
Donating Member
8 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Kawartha Lakes
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
Built in Canada 2018 Demon #3135
I believe that when the weight went up on the Arc Angel that the cranking amps went to a higher rating of 1800 as well.
Maybe @Hpindy can chime in and confirm if that is accurate.

Rcasa20

Founding Member
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Indian Shores
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
I believe that when the weight went up on the Arc Angel that the cranking amps went to a higher rating of 1800 as well.
Maybe @Hpindy can chime in and confirm if that is accurate.
See my grid. Website states 1200.

DemonSRT

500 Posts Club
Donating Member
8 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Kawartha Lakes
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
See my grid. Website states 1200.
That's true and may mean that the website has just not been updated yet, but when @Hpindy ordered the 5 or 6 batteries from them for some of us on the forum to get a special price, I believe he was told by them that even though the battery case and the website said 1200 on it, that these were upgraded with 1800 and to ignore what was stated on it along with a better install fit to our cars. That is why I have asked Hpindy to chime in and confirm if this is correct or not as I cannot recall what changes were made exactly.

Hpindy

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Jackson's Point
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2018 challenger hellcat
That's true and may mean that the website has just not been updated yet, but when @Hpindy ordered the 5 or 6 batteries from them for some of us on the forum to get a special price, I believe he was told by them that even though the battery case and the website said 1200 on it, that these were upgraded with 1800 and to ignore what was stated on it along with a better install fit to our cars. That is why I have asked Hpindy to chime in and confirm if this is correct or not as I cannot recall what changes were made exactly.
Yes this is true . I spoke to Nicolas at arc angel. The weight different is because they added another cell to the battery . So that put the CCA at 1800 and 24 lbs .

Sent from my BBF100-2 using Tapatalk

DemonSRT

500 Posts Club
Donating Member
8 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Kawartha Lakes
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
Yes this is true . I spoke to Nicolas at arc angel. The weight different is because they added another cell to the battery . So that put the CCA at 1800 and 24 lbs .

Thanks for the confirmation.(y)

Markp

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Fuck Trudeau
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2019 Redeye
Did u install it yet? If so, thoughts? Those antigravitys look cool but like the price of arc angel better.
I have not installed it yet. Waiting for the racing season to start....damn covid.

MaxCarnage

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Spokane Valley
State
WA
Country
United States
Vehicle
19' Redeye
HFCOTM
View Images
Is there a pros/cons list for the DCR vs Arc Angel battery?

So far I see this:

DCR:
More $$$, 1200 CCA, 9lbs, 1 year warranty

Arc Angel:
Cheaper, 1800 CCA, 24lbs, and 10 year warranty??

Any other differences? Since the Arc Angel seems to be the bigger/heavier battery with more cells, will it be able to sit longer without going dead?

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
I had an Arc Angel battery last year in my Daytona. It was bought in June and one day in September I opened my door with no lights, battery was dead. I contacted them and was told they have had some failures but they normally fail sooner then mine did. They refunded my money and I was told at that time they were going to change the battery which they did. I really liked having a lighter battery plus it started so much faster. I told him I would be willing to try the new design and have been waiting for them to get more so I asked when they would be getting them in and was there a waiting list and this was the reply from Nicholas:

Thanks for your email! I need to make one and should have a long time ago. The batteries will be back in August and I am sorry for the delay. I am self manufacturing now and the design process is taking a while and is hard to pinpoint. I did this because I had some quality issues on about 10% of the batteries and decided I needed to take over to ensure better quality. Anyway the batteries should return around August time and I will add you to the list for contact when they are in. Again I am sorry for the delay. Also just as a heads up the battery cost will rise to around the 800 dollar range unless a lower capacity version is ordered which I should be able to customize on request. This is mostly due to the fact that I have custom designed a BMS(Battery Management System), and am having it manufactured in the USA. Alongside this I am using brand new cells that are the highest quality made in this specific Lithium chemistry. On the plus side the battery should be lighter should you need it to be so, it will come with an Application that allows battery monitoring and a few other features such as a feature to stop the battery from dying, and more components are now American Made. My goal is to be 100% made in America in about 2 or 3 years but as of now that is currently impossible unfortunately. Sorry for the excess information but I like to keep people informed of what is happening since I am bad at updating my website.

Sucks I was part of the 10% and it looks like I will have to pay more to get another that will be heavier but he does say he can make them lighter

I responded back to him saying why not make 2 options with the 94R case, a higher capacity more weight and a lower capacity less weight less cost and told him he would sell more of the latter. If you can save 30 lbs and still have 1000 cca it would be a winner. The old 94R was 18 lbs with 1200 cca

Last edited:

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
Seems like a good dude being up front about what's going on. Glad mines been a good one. Fingers crossed it stays that way. Had it a year I think.

Octanewide

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
House of power
State
IL
Country
United States
My 9lb DCR has been rock solid... 20190405_202527.jpg

Hpindy

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Jackson's Point
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2018 challenger hellcat
Seems like a good dude being up front about what's going on. Glad mines been a good one. Fingers crossed it stays that way. Had it a year I think.
Yes Nicholas at arc angel is a great guy . He doesn't beat around the bush . Very honest and he makes a good product.
I deal with electronics and batteries every day and there is no set "standard " for anything electronic. I had stuff defective right out of the box and stuff over 20 years old now it's hard to say . The main thing is if a problem occurs the shop/person takes care of you .

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
Yes Nicholas at arc angel is a great guy . He doesn't beat around the bush . Very honest and he makes a good product.
I deal with electronics and batteries every day and there is no set "standard " for anything electronic. I had stuff defective right out of the box and stuff over 20 years old now it's hard to say . The main thing is if a problem occurs the shop/person takes care of you .

And to follow up on that, when I contacted him about my failed battery he told me he had some fail and refunded my money since he didn't have any more at the time

Marc W

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
U.S. Navy Veteran
Firefighter
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
St. George
State
UT
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Dodge Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
I also had a good experience with Arc Angle. I bought one over a year ago during the "Forum" sale and it was delayed in shipping. I had to call and he was honest. He had overlooked it. Right then and there he knocked $50 off the (already on sale) price and shipped it 2 day. It has been flawless and starts that big 426 like it's on steroids. IMG_8660.JPG

PaVaSteeler

Mole
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
State
VA
Country
United States
Thoughts on the Antigravity ATX-30 battery and the mounting kit that is supposed to mimic the H7 cleats and allows a supposed "drop in" configuration despite the battery's smaller size?

ATX-30 link --> ATX-30
ATX 30 mounting kit link --> ATX-30 Mounting Kit

The ATX-30 offers 880 CA as compared to the OEM 730; 32 Amp hours vs the H7 Antigravity 40 Amp hours...and is 5.75 lbs versus the 15.6 or 18.5.