Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Is the 1,000-HP SRT Ghoul a Real Thing? Maybe!

BULL

Oh NO! Not that guy!
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
City
Weld County
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
MY16 M6 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
Supposedly it requires a 380A service panel.

I've never seen that level of service into a residential structure.

OP
ChargerChallenger

ChargerChallenger

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
City
Mopar Nation
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
19 Challenger Hellcat Redeye 19 Charger Hellcat
Thread Starter #22
I don't see a plus 800 release of anything..oh they may release elec...but don't hold yer breath for a Supercar...
The Battery cars challenge is Thermal Battery heat management. My Mach E would run a 1/4 mile as fast as Ice cars but it is shut down after 5 seconds to manage the Thermal Battery heat issues. Should dodge be able to have a cooling systems in the vehicle to manage the battery pack from overheating than that’s huge. Your kidding yourself to not believe the EV technology is going to be a huge step ahead of Ice Factory produced and border line road legal.

OP
ChargerChallenger

ChargerChallenger

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
City
Mopar Nation
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #23
Supposedly it requires a 380A service panel.

I've never seen that level of service into a residential structure.
I have not studied this being I have a generator to run my whole property. But I will I investigate and figure it out.

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
The Battery cars challenge is Thermal Battery heat management. My Mach E would run a 1/4 mile as fast as Ice cars but it is shut down after 5 seconds to manage the Thermal Battery heat issues. Should dodge be able to have a cooling systems in the vehicle to manage the battery pack from overheating than that’s huge. Your kidding yourself to not believe the EV technology is going to be a huge step ahead of Ice Factory produced and border line road legal.
When Stelantis offers a mass produced EV vehicle...that will beat the Demon in the 1/4 mile...wake me up...

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
I think this is the tease of the next Mopar Electric Hybrid set up Hellcat replacement. No doubt in my mind the Electric Mopar is going to be insane power and speeds. Especially if they know how to manage Thermal Energy Battery. Wow is all I can say and yeh all the Ice guys will laugh until this thing does insane times factory set up. I’ll be getting mine reserved for sure once it’s released and available😁
Easy now CC...slow yer roll a bit...lotta IF's to over come..and when you bet out With NO DOUBT IN MY MIND !!!! the power will be insane...well...loosin up the ascot...take a few deep breaths..and lets wait until some real tangible info comes outta that foreign camp that is now runnin the show...:confused:

OP
ChargerChallenger

ChargerChallenger

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
City
Mopar Nation
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #26
Easy now CC...slow yer roll a bit...lotta IF's to over come..and when you bet out With NO DOUBT IN MY MIND !!!! the power will be insane...well...loosin up the ascot...take a few deep breaths..and lets wait until some real tangible info comes outta that foreign camp that is now runnin the show...:confused:
Tim is still in charge of the next release. I mean think about it your telling me Tim K who announced the baddest ass Ice built Mopar ever vehicles is going to embarrass himself on the next reveal😳. I can’t see it meaning if he knew the excitement is over he’d exit stage right. He’s overseeing possibly the Baddest ass street legal Mopar ever. Could be wrong but if Tim K releases a Ho hum vehicle he just lost all his credibility and should have left upon the Merger takeover. Tim does not come across as a numb nut but yeh ok many others here think it’s a pipe dream.

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
Tim is still in charge of the next release. I mean think about it your telling me Tim K who announced the baddest ass Ice built Mopar ever vehicles is going to embarrass himself on the next reveal😳. I can’t see it meaning if he knew the excitement is over he’d exit stage right. He’s overseeing possibly the Baddest ass street legal Mopar ever. Could be wrong but if Tim K releases a Ho hum vehicle he just lost all his credibility and should have left upon the Merger takeover. Tim does not come across as a numb nut but yeh ok many others here think it’s a pipe dream.
Tim...is an employee...nothing more...we have nothing more to go on now other than some vague statements about a possible reveal...that's it...the whole project..(if there even is one) could end up on the cutting room floor..Tim could be reshuffled or leave...yer gettin carried away here CC...yer startin to sound like HICKSTER...o_Oo_Oo_O

Illegal_Demon

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
City
Open Space
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon; 2006 Viper (Arrow)

Illegal_Demon

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
City
Open Space
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon; 2006 Viper (Arrow)
I don't think anyone thinks this. CLEARLY HP E-muscle is a thing. See Tesla Plaid. What you are glossing over/repeatedly dismissing is that ppl (at least muscleheads) WANT an EV musclecar. You simply cannot replicate the (real) sound, smell and feel of a rip-roaring ICE supercar, be it from the 60s or from the late 10s through today.

Last edited:

Lize

Premium Account
Member ID
City
Bury St Edmunds
State
Non-US
Country
United Kingdom
Vehicle
2019 Challenger WB Redeye
Judging by Uconnect5 Dodge will have to make a better effort with software for EVs.

OP
ChargerChallenger

ChargerChallenger

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
City
Mopar Nation
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #32
This article literally has zero facts to back any of this. 100% wild speculation. Dumb.
I am not commenting on the actual car I am talking about the next reveal will be electrified. All electric or Electric hybrid is my point. The Ghoul shown will not be a production car I get that.

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Dodge Challenger Redeye WB
Wow so most here think the next big reveal will be an Ice Release😳. It’s already been announced it’s electrified per Tim in so many words. The Ice Age is over for the next performance vehicles via Dodge.
So then, FUCK DODGE.

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
I got the biggest battery pack so yes it’s available.
Until the electric gird begins to brown out in your area, then you won’t be able to either drive or heat your home without engaging your local electric generator. Good luck.

OP
ChargerChallenger

ChargerChallenger

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
City
Mopar Nation
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #35
So then, FUCK DODGE.
Correct and so many here seem to either think this is Fake News and or they want nothing to do with it.

OP
ChargerChallenger

ChargerChallenger

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
City
Mopar Nation
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #36
Until the electric gird begins to brown out in your area, then you won’t be able to either drive or heat your home without engaging your local electric generator. Good luck.
I have a PTO Generator my John Deere tractor runs😁

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
Correct and so many here seem to either think this is Fake News and or they want nothing to do with it.
Nothing interests me that I have seen. I resent what they are currently doing to its best customers with this Jailbreak shit. My current Challenger has blown two superchargers and wasted an engine in that process. My next venture to the HPDE field has me worried that it may or may not survive! That is why my next new purchase is a pure NO V8, made by Chevrolet. While other manufacturers of EV’s actually have interesting items, all this manufacturer has shown us is some air-ride mid size grocery getter shit. But we knew when it was purchased by whatever European conglomerate, we would be in performance hell.

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
There you go, your covered. I will prefer to utilize my generators for keeping me and my 180 gallons of marine-reef tank comfy, when you all take us down.

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
Here’s my next Electrified ride😁
With your current infatuation for electric vehicles, what you really need now is a Charger to keep your battery of EVs running.

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
I bought one of those, but didn't even finish welding up a 3-point frame for it before realizing that a setup like that is for the birds (no, not Lize, but regular flying ones).

Basically, while far more powerful, getting that set up and running as needed is much more work than pulling out and plugging in a wheeled gas powered generator. Plus, it now ties up a tractor.

Oh well, at least my PTO generator would've kept running as it would've been powered by a Kubota, not one of those pretty green little JD garden tractors that most homeowners have.