Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

I think some of us take for granted just how INSANELY complex it is to build a car from scratch

Unholy707

5000 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orlando
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Dodge Challenger Hellcat
OP
Illegal_Demon

Illegal_Demon

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Open Space
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon; 2006 Viper (Arrow)
Thread Starter #42

Unholy707

5000 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orlando
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Control of gravity is the window to the 5th dimension.
We experience 4 dimensions, which is 3 + time. Theory is NHI operate in the 5th, which is 4+ time. Gravity is strangely weak in our perceived dimension. I think you know more than you’re letting on with that reference to the 5th and gravity lol

jroyk

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Sketchy
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat M6
I absolutely LOVE production lines! After college I got a job at an aircraft factory, I had access to most of the production areas, it was very cool! Later in my (non-aircraft but aircraft component) career, after I designed the product I would train the supervisors and lead persons how to build the product. Nothing like watching new production, I miss it... :(
That depends on the line. I worked a line one summer at the Ypsilanti Ford plant in ‘72. Three of us packed distributors into wire crates. We’d each pack about 5,000 a day. So, if you grabbed two at a time, you had to bend over 2500 times a day. There was another line where three women sat there testing horns all day with an electric prod. They likely went deaf.

Probably a lot better now.

Hickster

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seminole
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Hellcat Challenger
Anti augumated nowster. I wurked wit my ears pinned to my ass wit sum ass hole engineers. They attempted to dis lodge dee cummon sence out of wa. 2 ears knowledge and 4 years non cents. Two read my posts,, you have two read em ass back wards and or up sides down.

Bobo

2000 Posts Club
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Fremont
State
OH
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 Dodge Challenger Super Stock
Anti augumated nowster. I wurked wit my ears pinned to my ass wit sum ass hole engineers. They attempted to dis lodge dee cummon sence out of wa. 2 ears knowledge and 4 years non cents. Two read my posts,, you have two read em ass back wards and or up sides down.
Like Chinese if your standing on your head, you read right to left and bottom to top:ROFLMAO:

Smitty

1000 Posts Club
Premium Account
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Canton
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger HC WB
That depends on the line. I worked a line one summer at the Ypsilanti Ford plant in ‘72. Three of us packed distributors into wire crates. We’d each pack about 5,000 a day. So, if you grabbed two at a time, you had to bend over 2500 times a day. There was another line where three women sat there testing horns all day with an electric prod. They likely went deaf.

Probably a lot better now.
Had 2 uncles and my grandfather that worked at the Ypsi Ford plant then.

Unholy707

5000 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orlando
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
So did my grandfather, he stamped the steel body plates for the old broncos

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
And back then ...they probably made probably made good money

Smitty

1000 Posts Club
Premium Account
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Canton
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger HC WB
Yeah they did pretty good. Not even sure if my Grandfather graduated from high school. He’s been gone years. Came up from the south to get a factory job in the 50’s.

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
Yeah they did pretty good. Not even sure if my Grandfather graduated from high school. He’s been gone years. Came up from the south to get a factory job in the 50’s.
Those were simpler times...less than degreed professionals could make a good living...jobs were plentiful..and women could run the household..and raise the children..and family was a unit...unlike what we have today....and none of us kids ever considered killing anybody...

Smitty

1000 Posts Club
Premium Account
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Canton
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger HC WB
Those were simpler times...less than degreed professionals could make a good living...jobs were plentiful..and women could run the household..and raise the children..and family was a unit...unlike what we have today....and none of us kids ever considered killing anybody...
For sure. I remember my Dad telling me stories about how my Grandma used to pick cotton to make some extra money to make ends meet. Life up here was certainly better for them.

2ndAmend

1000 Posts Club
Premium Account
10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seacoast
State
NH
Country
United States
Vehicle
20HCM6 22RENBS2
I started working summers in my father’s body shop when I was 12. My uncle, then retired, would be the part time go-for, in return we maintained his car. He’d hang over me as I was working and talk and tell stories. I got really tired of him saying “you do really nice work, just not much of it”! That and in his first job he made 7 cents/hr. Reminds me of my father telling me he bought his first car for $15. After tax and tip, I can’t even buy a nice beer for that. (Maybe a Bud.)

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
I started working summers in my father’s body shop when I was 12. My uncle, then retired, would be the part time go-for, in return we maintained his car. He’d hang over me as I was working and talk and tell stories. I got really tired of him saying “you do really nice work, just not much of it”! That and in his first job he made 7 cents/hr. Reminds me of my father telling me he bought his first car for $15. After tax and tip, I can’t even buy a nice beer for that. (Maybe a Bud.)
Maybe that's why Bowtie wont leave Canada...he found really cheap beer up there

Hickster

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seminole
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Hellcat Challenger
Inn then in Fl wee make our own stuff and grow. Wurkin on cars. Everybody down hea used da biggest oak tree 2 pull an engine wit. Den we worked on em. Snot like da 1st auto mate ed plant I worked on. Symirana Nissian Truck factory 1981, do believe. Hell it copters and all settin equipment. Sounded like a war zone. We bee wurkin on da power house as usuall. SS metal finish on exhaust stacks, cut da hell out of wa. UAW pissed off and pick nick en at da front gate every day. No rocks like da rest of da places. Dow Chemical Dalton, Ga, Olin Chemical Charleston, Tn, Chattannoga Free Press Chattanooga, and lots more. Well like Sea World, Da Cape, Whorelander Mayo Hospital in Jasksonville, Anwoozer Busch Tampa- Jacksonvillber, M & M Mars Cleveland, Tn. Watt happens when you are an engineer wurkin fer a mutha company that is union and you all company is non union. A war and all youz want 2 do is make a pay check fer da family. Oh yea,, Zinc Plant in Clarksville, Tn. Gosh, wife #2 waz at da air force place. Never been a wife #2 butt she could have bean itster. Enough saidster.

jroyk

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Sketchy
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
Summer help got $5/hr. Good money in ‘72.

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat

jroyk

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Sketchy
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
A few times I did a 12 hour shift on a Sunday. Worked out $100 in a single day!

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
A few times I did a 12 hour shift on a Sunday. Worked out $100 in a single day!
you were rich....now 100.00 a day...= minimum wage...

Hickster

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seminole
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Hellcat Challenger
E nugh fer a bottle of bune farms and ah 5$ bag, snot da girl,, she waz $6. Not my gal, she waz 9$ and a ride 2 wurk.