Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

I think some of us take for granted just how INSANELY complex it is to build a car from scratch

Unholy707

5000 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orlando
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Dodge Challenger Hellcat
Mean I can’t just slap some frictions in it and call it good? 😅

Smitty

1000 Posts Club
Premium Account
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Canton
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger HC WB
Always been amazed at how everything comes together.

Unholy707

5000 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orlando
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Always been amazed at how everything comes together.
Hannibal thinks the same thing

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
Hannibal thinks the same thing
There are those...that think that has Biblical implications..:oops:

SilverBillet

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
The Villages
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Jeep GC 5.7 TrailHawk
I actually got to go to Brampton and watch my 2023 Challenger Redeye Widebody Jailbreak get built back in April. It's a super cool process to see, I actually got to follow my car as it came out of paint right until it rolled off the end of the line. It's super impressive to see how everything comes together, especially with things being on different lines and all mating up to the correct car at the right time. Some of the employees even told me about how they would get around different nuances, like where the engine harness etc is tied up on the engine pallet for easy insertion into the car which all depends on powerplant.

The amount of time that it must have taken to design and execute the correct sequencing to get everything to go together correctly is impressive.
There is undoubtedly a large group of Industrial Engineers behind the flow of things. That was my major…but I ended up in sales and marketing for over 40 years

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
There is undoubtedly a large group of Industrial Engineers behind the flow of things. That was my major…but I ended up in sales and marketing for over 40 years
Did you make more money in sales :unsure:

SilverBillet

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
The Villages
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Did you make more money in sales :unsure:
I don’t know? I sold engineered products for heavy highway and railroad construction.

Unholy707

5000 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orlando
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
I don’t know? I sold engineered products for heavy highway and railroad construction.
Hopefully not the materials that were used to build that stretch of I-95

Unholy707

5000 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orlando
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
I thought you sold donuts. Or was that @1971demon

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat

SilverBillet

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
The Villages
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Hopefully not the materials that were used to build that stretch of I-95
Obviously the bridge failing from 8,600 gallons of fuel burning under it has nothing to do with the quality of the construction materials on that project. I did get our design specified and sold our product on most of the I-95 widening projects all through Philly including at Cottman Ave. where that accident occurred. That was great long term construction for our company to be involved in.

Last edited:

Unholy707

5000 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orlando
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Obviously the bridge failing from 8,600 gallons of fuel burning under it has nothing to do with the quality of the construction materials on that project. I did get our design specified and sold our product on most of the I-95 widening projects all through Philly including at Cottman Ave. where that accident occurred. That was great long term construction for our company to be involved in.
Yep I bet. 15 years and counting. Biggest scam in history. Not the materials, but the workmanship

Hickster

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seminole
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Hellcat Challenger
Dats what I saw on da TV today, Munday, lack of da right size bolts. Yea, sweep dat 1 unda the snot rag. I 95 annuter shit hole. I waz wurkin as a PM on a huge new project in Seminole, Fl wile workin at 2 different gyms as an instructer. And married wit a sun and 2 dogs and 2 cats. Man, life in tha shit hole. I was doing work as a piping lay out person befoe and during concrete pours. We were on the 4th floor during a pour on an Uten ore system when the floor sank to the 3rd, 2nd, 1st. All personnel fell with tons of rebarb and wet concrete. 4 floors of wet concrete. I was 1 of 6 people that fell. 3 workers died with OSHA taken over the inspection. I did not see a conclusion to the report. Even though I was a victum, an onsight engineer, PM, assistant to the owner chiller mechanic. No report.

Bobo

2000 Posts Club
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Fremont
State
OH
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 Dodge Challenger Super Stock
I actually got to go to Brampton and watch my 2023 Challenger Redeye Widebody Jailbreak get built back in April. It's a super cool process to see, I actually got to follow my car as it came out of paint right until it rolled off the end of the line. It's super impressive to see how everything comes together, especially with things being on different lines and all mating up to the correct car at the right time. Some of the employees even told me about how they would get around different nuances, like where the engine harness etc is tied up on the engine pallet for easy insertion into the car which all depends on powerplant.

The amount of time that it must have taken to design and execute the correct sequencing to get everything to go together correctly is impressive.
Yeah well, you should see the shit storm when something is “out of sequence” holy hell what a cluster fuck!!
It can sometimes shut all of production down for hours, depending on the item!

Unholy707

5000 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orlando
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Dats what I saw on da TV today, Munday, lack of da right size bolts. Yea, sweep dat 1 unda the snot rag. I 95 annuter shit hole. I waz wurkin as a PM on a huge new project in Seminole, Fl wile workin at 2 different gyms as an instructer. And married wit a sun and 2 dogs and 2 cats. Man, life in tha shit hole. I was doing work as a piping lay out person befoe and during concrete pours. We were on the 4th floor during a pour on an Uten ore system when the floor sank to the 3rd, 2nd, 1st. All personnel fell with tons of rebarb and wet concrete. 4 floors of wet concrete. I was 1 of 6 people that fell. 3 workers died with OSHA taken over the inspection. I did not see a conclusion to the report. Even though I was a victum, an onsight engineer, PM, assistant to the owner chiller mechanic. No report.
Wow, that’s insane dude! What’s crazier if that I could understand what you wrote! 😂

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
Wow, that’s insane dude! What’s crazier if that I could understand what you wrote! 😂
Use the app on yer phone to translate it...

HWDan

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Home of the Hellcat
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2017 Charger SRT 392
The trick is to speed read it as fast as you can and it's readable. Works for me.

2ndAmend

1000 Posts Club
Premium Account
10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seacoast
State
NH
Country
United States
Vehicle
20HCM6 22RENBS2
I absolutely LOVE production lines! After college I got a job at an aircraft factory, I had access to most of the production areas, it was very cool! Later in my (non-aircraft but aircraft component) career, after I designed the product I would train the supervisors and lead persons how to build the product. Nothing like watching new production, I miss it... :(

Unholy707

5000 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orlando
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
I absolutely LOVE production lines! After college I got a job at an aircraft factory, I had access to most of the production areas, it was very cool! Later in my (non-aircraft but aircraft component) career, after I designed the product I would train the supervisors and lead persons how to build the product. Nothing like watching new production, I miss it... :(
You worked in the tr3b didn’t you

2ndAmend

1000 Posts Club
Premium Account
10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seacoast
State
NH
Country
United States
Vehicle
20HCM6 22RENBS2
You worked in the tr3b didn’t you
Control of gravity is the window to the 5th dimension.