Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

I hit a big stick on the underbody

Matt someone with an SRT

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Newtown
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2023 Charger SRT HellcatJailbreak , 2019 RedEye WB
ABBBA31D-1B17-493B-A4EA-7BFF7821289E.jpeg

Attachments

OP
Matt someone with an SRT

Matt someone with an SRT

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Newtown
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #2
Did no damage to the car fortunately per say. But the stick I hit while it was dark busted this little vent thing on the passenger side underbody. It appears it can be replaced anyone know a part number for this or what it is? I sort of wedged it back in place for the time being it’s only like 1/4 split at the front and side but I might as well replace it if I can if it’s a cheap part. Count this one as a whoopsie daisy hah.. any help would be appreciated. Figure I’ll stop by the dealer and ask about the part soon

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
Did no damage to the car fortunately per say. But the stick I hit while it was dark busted this little vent thing on the passenger side underbody. It appears it can be replaced anyone know a part number for this or what it is? I sort of wedged it back in place for the time being it’s only like 1/4 split at the front and side but I might as well replace it if I can if it’s a cheap part. Count this one as a whoopsie daisy hah.. any help would be appreciated. Figure I’ll stop by the dealer and ask about the part soon
Be thankful ...guess it coulda been a lot worse...

OP
Matt someone with an SRT

Matt someone with an SRT

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Newtown
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #4
I actually just noticed something else down here from the factory I didn’t see the before. Did you guys know they put 2 painted staples on the front splitter of the charger hellcat? EEDFFC70-DCC6-43AD-8A8A-19329B1A1C31.jpeg

Attachments

Unholy707

5000 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orlando
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Dodge Challenger Hellcat
Could have been worse, just the brake air deflectors. The staples are weird

HWDan

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Home of the Hellcat
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2017 Charger SRT 392
I actually just noticed something else down here from the factory I didn’t see the before. Did you guys know they put 2 painted staples on the front splitter of the charger hellcat? View attachment 137231
Is there any possibility that the fashia was replaced before you got it? Even from original shipping damage.

I replaced the rear fashia of my Magnum with a factory OEM one years ago and the new one had staples near the bottom like this, likely from the part number tag. The body shop didn't remove them and just painted over them like this too. You won't see over spray evidence as they should paint them off the car.

OP
Matt someone with an SRT

Matt someone with an SRT

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Newtown
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #7
Honesty I don’t know. I bought the car brand new it had just been received by the dealer it was a car someone backed out of. I really liked the spec
Is there any possibility that the fashia was replaced before you got it? Even from original shipping damage.

I replaced the rear fashia of my Magnum with a factory OEM one years ago and the new one had staples near the bottom like this, likely from the part number tag. The body shop didn't remove them and just painted over them like this too. You won't see over spray evidence as they should paint them off the car.

Bowtie Guy

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Amherstburg
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
Beer Mobile

I agree
Looks like it has been painted / repainted

Unholy707

5000 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orlando
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Someone probably ran over big stick during delivery
I agree
Looks like it has been painted / repainted

Linda's Hell Cat

4000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bucks County
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Charger Hellcat
Everyday around us, it's either branches, potholes, and thankfully you didn't hit a deer! Have you noticed all the dead branches just piled up on the sides of the roads everywhere? I have never seen so much in my life as I do now. There is some law that people were not allowed to take wood like this made years ago. But it's all too close and people should get it for their fire pits or fire places. (It's all the Damn Bugs from China that are killing our trees)

I'm not good with pictures, but here is a page link to Eastcoastmoparts. Hope it helps!

https://www.eastcoastmoparts.com/v-...me-bumper-and-fascia--front-bumper-and-fascia

~Linda

Unholy707

5000 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orlando
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
You’re not allowed to pick up branches off the street?
Everyday around us, it's either branches, potholes, and thankfully you didn't hit a deer! Have you noticed all the dead branches just piled up on the sides of the roads everywhere? I have never seen so much in my life as I do now. There is some law that people were not allowed to take wood like this made years ago. But it's all too close and people should get it for their fire pits or fire places. (It's all the Damn Bugs from China that are killing our trees)

I'm not good with pictures, but here is a page link to Eastcoastmoparts. Hope it helps!

https://www.eastcoastmoparts.com/v-...me-bumper-and-fascia--front-bumper-and-fascia

~Linda

Linda's Hell Cat

4000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bucks County
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Charger Hellcat
You’re not allowed to pick up branches off the street?
Branches fall into the street, and then they just get pushed to the woods. I see it as becoming a bigger problem in some places. Because, in some areas it's starting to look like a fence, especially where there has been floods.

I know you can ask a property owner if you can take the wood and that is allowed.
I guess when I think about it, you can't chop down trees, but as I think about it that is the deterrent in general for people to collect wood.

My son-in-law chops up wood from his yard and, like many people do, sells it on the roadside.

It just has really piled up a lot. Maybe the townships will figure out what to do.

Unholy707

5000 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orlando
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
If it falls in the road they should be removing it, not just pushing it to the side of the road

Linda's Hell Cat

4000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bucks County
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Charger Hellcat
Lots of back wood roads around here in Bucks County. Matt is not too far from where there had been some Flash flooding.
Here is a Google link that shows images from that day.
https://www.google.com/search?clien...kFHaJNBugQtKgLegQIDBAB&biw=1920&bih=927&dpr=1

Tree branches fall a lot anymore. The floods also push the wood too.
I read things about how this or that from climate change caused the flooding. In reality, it's the townships allowing for homes to be built on the "Flood Zones"
The builder will put in areas for drainage ponds. There are too many homes and those drainage ponds do not work anymore. Most of our roads were just paved over horse and Buggy roads.
When I was a kid, there were always flooded roads, which eventually they fixed the areas. I can remember my mom having to park her car, and we walked home through water that was above my knee. They fixed that area. I go by there every day to work. They have built this home on raised ground. We had weeks of rain. I saw they already redid around the house for drainage.
Maybe if it was on stilts it might work out. Somebody is going to be buying some swamp land ;)

SilverBillet

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
The Villages
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Jeep GC 5.7 TrailHawk
Many homeowners do not have the equipment to cut it up and take it to the landfill. They just try to hide their brush in the nearest woods. My younger neighbor in VA was like that. He would put it in the woods on our road front and half the time he would not get it off the shoulder where I mowed. I never said anything. I just moved it or hauled it away with my stuff. We had a 1.5 acre wooded lot. I used to haul our trash and any brush to the landfill every week rather than pay for the County trash service

OP
Matt someone with an SRT

Matt someone with an SRT

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Newtown
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #16
Hey guys I got the part on order. 171 dollars just in case you’re wondering. Just For the passenger side duct/brake vent. Should be here Tuesday I also got some new wheels and tires going on the vehicle soon I’ll report back again in a new thread. Thanks for everyone who chimed in

Unholy707

5000 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orlando
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
That’s insane, honestly it wasn’t complete busted. I would have left it or epoxied it back together

OP
Matt someone with an SRT

Matt someone with an SRT

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Newtown
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #18
I agree I could have totally left it but I’d rather just get the part because things like that bother me hah. My mechanic will have the car up soon to mount the new wheels and tires so I’ll just have him replace the damaged part at the same time.
That’s insane, honestly it wasn’t complete busted. I would have left it or epoxied it back together

Unholy707

5000 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orlando
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
They don’t even really do anything if you’re not road racing the car is just take them off, never even know

Linda's Hell Cat

4000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bucks County
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Charger Hellcat
Many homeowners do not have the equipment to cut it up and take it to the landfill. They just try to hide their brush in the nearest woods. My younger neighbor in VA was like that. He would put it in the woods on our road front and half the time he would not get it off the shoulder where I mowed. I never said anything. I just moved it or hauled it away with my stuff. We had a 1.5 acre wooded lot. I used to haul our trash and any brush to the landfill every week rather than pay for the County trash service
I was just outside using the weed eater along my road. I also, gave my Granson my battery powered chainsaw to cut and pile up the dead branches. Next week we will bring them over and stack them closer to my fire pit.
I don't have a bunch of woods, but a dead tree, I think killed by the Lantern flies.