Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

HPtuners Question and Answer Thread

Trader history for ostmike (0)

fumanchu182

3000 Posts Club
Vendor
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Pasadena
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger SRT Hellcat
To round this out you can send the TCM to n2speed, 200.00 round trip. Search for Chris Boegler. https://m.facebook.com/chris.boegler

Unholy707

5000 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orlando
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Dodge Challenger Hellcat
Woul
@Jon-MooredPerformanceLLC i went through this. Valve bodies from Dodge come with the TCM. They are blanks. When we programmed mine we put into the system my VIN and it programmed it for that year. Once a VIN is written it cannot be re-programmed by Mopar tools, the functionality simply does not exist. To re-write a vin to a TCM that is already encoded you will need a bench harness. Seqway to:

I am looking at said bench harnesses but they are about 7k in price :(
would have the market cornered though! Lol

Unholy707

5000 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orlando
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
OP
ostmike

ostmike

Vendor
7 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Portersville
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Hellcat
Thread Starter #104
Mike I have 2 questions for you
1. The part number on the valve body and tcm seems to be the same. On my personal redeye I put a different trans in. I didn't swap Valve bodies. Well the trans was out of a 21 hellcat. I was having a few weird issues so I brought it to my dealer to flash it. So they did. They said it pulled down my vin but when I got home I still saw the soul of a hellcat and not a redeye config in the tcm. Do you know how the witech detects which config to load in?
2. I am debating about buying a witech. I really do not do a ton of installs I mostly do remote but it would be nice to have. The dealer seems to have very limited capabilities with theirs.
Assuming this is what I am looking for is these two items?
View attachment 106669 View attachment 106670
Jon,
Witech will connect to your vehicle and detect all available modules. If there is a module that shows a newer calibration is available that module can be flashed. If there is no update available your only option will be to reflash the current calibration. All of the updates should be based on the VIN in the BCM. However, I have swapped TCM's and the new/different TCM calibration has shown in WiTech. When this happened it did not show that an update was available but maybe there was no update actually available. Regardless, I do not believe it would be possible for a Witech TCM update to flash a calibration into your TCM that was not for your VIN.

We have several Witech modules in the shop and I can tell you that they are very limited in capability, expensive to own and even if you just buy a weekend subscription, if you want to flash a calibration you also need to purchase a Tech Authority subscription. If you do not do many procedures that require the purchase and use of WiTech I would recommend making friends with a technician at the dealership and paying him/her $100-$200 to come to your shop in the evening when you have a need. You will be way ahead of the game.

There is other far superior software available out there if you know who to ask. It will allow you to flash any calibration (not just the most recent) into almost any module in the vehicle.

Concerning bench flashing a TCM - If you already have a bench flasher for the PCM adding the TCM, BCM etc is a fairly easy process. It is convenient to flash TCM's on the bench if needed.

Last edited:

Unholy707

5000 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orlando
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Jon,
Witech will connect to your vehicle and detect all available modules. If there is a module that shows a newer calibration is available that module can be flashed. If there is no update available your only option will be to reflash the current calibration. All of the updates should be based on the VIN in the BCM. However, I have swapped TCM's and the new/different TCM calibration has shown in WiTech. When this happened it did not show that an update was available but maybe there was no update actually available. Regardless, I do not believe it would be possible for a Witech TCM update to flash a calibration into your TCM that was not for your VIN.

We have several Witech modules in the shop and I can tell you that they are very limited in capability, expensive to own and even if you just buy a weekend subscription, if you want to flash a calibration you also need to purchase a Tech Authority subscription. If you do not do many procedures that require the purchase and use of WiTech I would recommend making friends with a technician at the dealership and paying him/her $100-$200 to come to your shop in the evening when you have a need. You will be way ahead of the game.

There is other far superior software available out there if you know who to ask. It will allow you to flash any calibration (not just the most recent) into almost any module in the vehicle.

Concerning bench flashing a TCM - If you already have a bench flasher for the PCM adding the TCM, BCM etc is a fairly easy process. It is convenient to flash TCM's on the bench if needed.
So who do we ask, Mike? Lol. I know you can put whatever OS on a PCM with a KTag, that’s how mine was done.

fumanchu182

3000 Posts Club
Vendor
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Pasadena
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
In any of your tune files, stock or otherwise, is "[ECM] 39210 - Weighted Catalyst Misfire Load: Weighted Catalyst Misfire Load vs RPM vs Load." editable?

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
My main VCM Editor version I use is 4.8.7 since that was before some of the weird change HPT made. When I open a 2019 RE stock file in this version the fields are editable.

However, I have a beta version for newer files as well. In this new beta the data is completely different and is a table instead of text boxes and it is not editable.

fumanchu182

3000 Posts Club
Vendor
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Pasadena
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
My main VCM Editor version I use is 4.8.7 since that was before some of the weird change HPT made. When I open a 2019 RE stock file in this version the fields are editable.

However, I have a beta version for newer files as well. In this new beta the data is completely different and is a table instead of text boxes and it is not editable.
I sent a support request to HP Tuners and letting them known that the table is read only. Hopefully they can fix that.

fumanchu182

3000 Posts Club
Vendor
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Pasadena
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
You have got to be fucking kidding me:

1686333653157.png
But yet I can turn off DTCs... is this a fucking joke?

drag racer

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Member ID
Reactions
City
PEORIA
State
AZ
Country
United States
Vehicle
'16 Challenger HC, '19 Durango SRT, '22 Charger SP
welcome to woke :mad:

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
Tell em' it's a race car. Now you see why I never upgraded.

fumanchu182

3000 Posts Club
Vendor
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Pasadena
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
Tell em' it's a race car. Now you see why I never upgraded.
unfortunately if your tuner writes a tune in a newer version some older versions may not allow the file to open

OP
ostmike

ostmike

Vendor
7 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Portersville
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Hellcat
Thread Starter #113
So who do we ask, Mike? Lol. I know you can put whatever OS on a PCM with a KTag, that’s how mine was done.
What is the question specifically you are asking here? I did answer the question about TCM flashing. Was there another question?

OP
ostmike

ostmike

Vendor
7 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Portersville
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Hellcat
Thread Starter #114
In any of your tune files, stock or otherwise, is "[ECM] 39210 - Weighted Catalyst Misfire Load: Weighted Catalyst Misfire Load vs RPM vs Load." editable?
Yes, 39210 is editable

Unholy707

5000 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orlando
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
What is the question specifically you are asking here? I did answer the question about TCM flashing. Was there another question?
Hey Mike, thanks for getting back to me. Was referring this : “There is other far superior software available out there if you know who to ask. It will allow you to flash any calibration (not just the most recent) into almost any module in the vehicle”

OP
ostmike

ostmike

Vendor
7 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Portersville
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Hellcat
Thread Starter #116
Hey Mike, thanks for getting back to me. Was referring this : “There is other far superior software available out there if you know who to ask. It will allow you to flash any calibration (not just the most recent) into almost any module in the vehicle”
Due to the circumstances that is not something I am at liberty to share. Do some research and you will figure it out. Research some more and you may be able to obtain it for the right amount of $$

jonx96

4000 Posts Club
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Small town
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger Redeye
I was also looking into the software you may be referring to as far superior. I had decided the witech is not what I want at this time. Thanks for the reply

Unholy707

5000 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orlando
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Rhymes with mess and Maytag thumbs up if I’m right

catdad

Founding Member
10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lake City
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Charger Hellcat
Mike , sent you a pm that you never answered. I would like to know if you can make this happen on my charger? Thanks

OP
ostmike

ostmike

Vendor
7 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Portersville
State
PA
Country