Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

How not to treat your new customers (when ordering a vehicle)

OP
ihitbuttons
Member ID
Reactions
City
Fort Worth
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2020 Hellcat Redeye (Maybe)
Thread Starter #61
I think your concerns are reasonable. Seems like Dodge could be much better about knowing where an ordered car is and be able to inform you on its progress.
Thanks. I was able to get some updates from my Dealer who was able to finally get some answers from Dodge. I will update the main post on the thread with this information as well.

The ETA for delivery has been pushed back to the 30th of October. This is the 4 or 5th time the ETA has been pushed back (last I checked it was the 15, which was yesterday), which seemed strange to me. It has shown in transit since the 23rd of last month I believe (with the first ETA of the 28th of last month), and that it was going by truck and not by rail. Again, this is just what I have been told (by both the SRT operators and by the Dealership). I think the words the SRT operators used was, "The good news is it looks like your vehicle will be shipped by truck, so as soon as it is finished at the up fitter, it will be delivered straight to the dealership by truck and skip having to go by train". This wasn't a single operator, but was said to me multiple times.

It seems there has been some confusion though. It is awaiting pickup by truck - but to the rail yards. They don't actually ship the cars to the rail yards until they have a full load - so it is still at the up fitter waiting for enough cars to be ready before it will be picked up and brought to the yards.

That makes MUCH more sense on why the ETA on the shipping date keeps being pushed back, and why it is taking so long in this status. It also explains why I keep being told it will be traveling by truck as opposed to train, as in the system it is awaiting shipment by truck - but to the yards.

That's all good. I have a much better picture of what is going on, and what is happening. I am sure it will take longer then normal for them to get a full load as well, so it will probably sit there longer - and add in however long the train journey will be - I am sure I won't see the vehicle in October. That is understandable considering.

It is certainly nice to have that information, and I will give Dodge the credit for eventually surfacing it. Still going to note it took more effort then I think it should have, but I will give credit where credit is due.

It would be nice to feel like a valued customer whos order is appreciated. While this isn't exactly a red carpet brand, it wouldn't be that hard to make an effort to please customers.
Yeah. I agree. Not expecting a red carpet experience, but I wasn't overly happy with the amount of communication. Though, I was able to finally get more information, so I will give them that (again).

I'm anti-fanboy, that never helps anyone. I love my Cat and am happy for the purchase but I have no loyalty to the brand. If I like the product I'll buy it. If I like a different one I'll buy that one. They should be working for my dollars or they will be much less likely to get them.
I think we are in agreement here. In addition, I am happy to give them feedback on how I think they can improve to provide a better experience as well - even when it is a good experience.

When I went through the engine build process with my ZR1, the plant manager came down and had a chat with me on what I thought of the experience. It was nice. Not something that had to happen, but it made me feel even better about the purchase. I was happy to talk to him about the experience, which was phenomenal in my opinion. That purchasing process converted my wife - who turned down buying a Corvette for her previous vehicle. Now, we are just waiting on the C8 Z06 to come out for her.

Anyway, hope you get the car and enjoy it!
Thanks for the well wished, and me too!

OP
ihitbuttons
Member ID
Reactions
City
Fort Worth
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #62
Any word on the delivery yet?
Yes. I put more information in a reply to another thread. I will update the main post here in a bit so the information is more easily accessible for people just finding the thread as well.

OP
ihitbuttons
Member ID
Reactions
City
Fort Worth
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #63
It was more that you weren't making your point with efficiency. Lacking "word economy", if you like. It's a common tendency with a certain customer type that I see from time to time. They typically are less-than-understanding and self-focused.
First of all, thanks for the feedback. Always appreciated.

I can see that (with regards to the lacking "word economy"). Knowing that I have a tendency to be long winded, I tried to preface the post with some information to help with that. Obviously something I could have done better.

Not calling you that...just giving you my first reaction when I read your OP which is based on nothing but my own sample group.
Either way, you are welcome to your own opinion on me - based on whatever. Doesn't bother me either way.

It's difficult to communicate effectively when you're running around with your hair on fire trying to fix a multitude of new problems that you've never seen before while also trying to anticipate the un-anticipatble.
Good point. I get that. There have been others with the same/similar experience outside of COVID-19. Perhaps, it just exacerbated the issue. Thankfully, I have gotten more information as to what is going on with the vehicle - so, kudos to Dodge for that.

Xylander

U.S. Air Force Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Tallahassee
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2023 Challenger Redeye Widebody Jailbreak
My point is that FCA is fairly open about how they no longer provide detailed delivery/production information. Like it or not, that's their policy. I was told that when I made my order. I was also told that it would take 4 months or more to get my car due to the issues the factory was facing at the time. So, I knew all that going in. So, sorry if I seem curt here, but given that you were likely given that same info (or should have been if your dealership has a pulse on reality), then I have to wonder why it resulted in a 5,000 word essay on bad communication?

FCA used to have a portal where you could track the progress. They did away with that a few years ago. I don't know why, but since then, this has been their current policy.

OP
ihitbuttons
Member ID
Reactions
City
Fort Worth
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #65
My point is that FCA is fairly open about how they no longer provide detailed delivery/production information.
I was never told this, particularly from FCA. From reading forums, articles, etc, I went in knowing there were less status codes and therefore would be less information.

Like it or not, that's their policy.
I haven't been told by anyone at Dodge or FCA that was their policy. If it is their policy, I am sure it would be written somewhere I might have missed. If you know of such a document, would love to see it. Might good info for others as well as to what their policy is. Happy to educate myself on that.

I was told that when I made my order.
Awesome. I am sure that helped. I was not told that. Perhaps that comes down to the dealer? Just a lack of information/knowledge? I suspect you didn't order from Dodge directly. I sure didn't.

I was also told that it would take 4 months or more to get my car due to the issues the factory was facing at the time. So, I knew all that going in.
I was told it would take eight to ten weeks. I was fine with that, and I was fine if it even ran longer then that. Honestly, no one from the SRT hotline gave me any estimates, except when it came to the ETA to the dealer, which changed several times. What they did say, however, throughout the process that it once it stayed in a status for a certain amount of time (which, they wouldn't say what that threshold was), they would raise a ticket as it was an issue. They were the ones telling me it was taking longer then expected, and that there was an issue - and then giving me no information as to what that issue was (or confirming there was no issue). Saying "No further information" doesn't tell me nothing is wrong - it tells me they don't want to tell me what is going on. Perhaps simply changing that wording would have helped immensely.

It wasn't how long it was taking. I have no other frame of reference with Dodge orders, and I was being told this was taking longer then expected, and no information was provided. Could I just assume it was COVID? Sure. I could also assume it was something else. Or, with some information from Dodge - I wouldn't have to assume.

This is my complaint.

So, sorry if I seem curt here,
No reason to apologize. I have no issue with curtness. Some people are direct and to the point, that is fine.

but given that you were likely given that same info (or should have been if your dealership has a pulse on reality),
You wouldn't need to assume, you could have asked what information I was given when placing the order. I would have been happy to tell you.

I was not given the same information as you. You just assumed that, and it was an incorrect assumption.

I assumed like you that the dealership had "a pulse on reality". Maybe they didn't, and that was an incorrect assumption on my part. Perhaps they just haven't dealt with many custom orders to have a feel for how the process would go, or how it would be effected?

then I have to wonder why it resulted in a 5,000 word essay on bad communication?
I didn't count the number of words. I hit 5,000 exactly? Wow. Without even trying.

I wasn't given the same information or expectations you were given. That is surely a good place to start.

But, again, I am going to mention - it isn't the amount of time. In fact, I have gotten some information form Dodge, and it looks like the car won't even be here within 4 months. It could easily be mid November at this point - which I am fine with. Because I have the information as to why. It makes sense. I am understanding. I don't have to assume. Hooray!

The fact is communication isn't talking, or listening - those have their own words. Communication is it is continuous as long as it is occurring, and requires participation on both sides. Once one side stops participating, communication breaks down. At some point, there was no longer communication as one side stopped participating.

I was then left with questions that weren't impossible to answer, they simply refused to answer them. They could have even said it isn't their policy to answer those questions - that would have been a more acceptable than simply refusing to answer them in my opinion.

Again, I don't dictate what Dodge does. I don't expect to. Nor do I think they should snap to a change just because of my opinion. Also, it seems I am not the only one who has that opinion.

As a customer, giving them some feedback feels appropriate. It is up to them as to what to do with it. I have said that several times.

I feel they could have had better communication in this process.

FCA used to have a portal where you could track the progress. They did away with that a few years ago. I don't know why, but since then, this has been their current policy.
Someone else mentioned that they had a portal and took it away. I hadn't know that.

DRAGRCR

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Death Valley
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Hornet
Let me give you the perfect analagy from what I can see.

I worked at a big power utility at a power plant as an operator. So we worked in small groups rotating shifts operating the plant. So we got to know one another pretty well. We had a new Guy on our shift that transferred in. After not long I did not like him but hung in there. But after so long I finally got his number and I flat out told him to not talk to me unless it was related to running the plant. He always talked bad about his ex-wife and many many derogatory remarks about Women in general that were totally unrealistic and uncalled for. It seemed he really hated Women.

And you can’t make this shit up.

A couple months after he got there we all had to go to 8 hrs sensitivity training because this asshole was going to become a Woman. So there is the first phase where he/she just dresses like a Woman and then eventually the actual sex change will happen and she will return as a full blown woman etc.

So, the next phase in this scenario is the OP will get his car and then another thread will be posted “How to not build a Car for a new Customer” or, “What company offers a car that does this?”

You have been warned.

I got his number and it is right next to TROLL.

Xylander

U.S. Air Force Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Tallahassee
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2023 Challenger Redeye Widebody Jailbreak
Nah, I don't think he's a troll. That would be that guy, Tape. I think he's just in his feelins. Once he gets his car, it'll solve this saltiness.

SRT2SLOW

Member ID
Reactions
City
Staten Island
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2020 Hellcat Challenger WB Redeye
I ordered my Hellcat RE on June 29th and it hit the dealership Sept 7th. So a little over 2 months. And 2 years ago my Trackhawk was a little less then 2 months.

OP
ihitbuttons
Member ID
Reactions
City
Fort Worth
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #69

I worked at a big power utility at a power plant as an operator. So we worked in small groups rotating shifts operating the plant. So we got to know one another pretty well. We had a new Guy on our shift that transferred in. After not long I did not like him but hung in there. But after so long I finally got his number and I flat out told him to not talk to me unless it was related to running the plant. He always talked bad about his ex-wife and many many derogatory remarks about Women in general that were totally unrealistic and uncalled for. It seemed he really hated Women.

A couple months after he got there we all had to go to 8 hrs sensitivity training because this asshole was going to become a Woman. So there is the first phase where he/she just dresses like a Woman and then eventually the actual sex change will happen and she will return as a full blown woman etc.
So, if I complain about Dodge, I must be getting a sex change to be a woman? This story literally makes no sense in the context of this thread.

You have literally been wrong about me at every turn. I have disagreed with all of your assumptions about me, stated that was not my intent, and asked you for any reason as to what I have done for you to come to those conclusions - which you have all avoided, as I am sure you can't come up with an answer.

You think you have it all figured out, but you actually don't have any of it figured out. And it is painfully obvious.

I have even stated that Dodge has gotten back to me with more information, which I was happy about. Giving credit where credit is due. Or, were you too busy jumping to conclusion to realize that?

So, the next phase in this scenario is the OP will get his car and then another thread will be posted “How to not build a Car for a new Customer” or, “What company offers a car that does this?”
Oh ... you have. I have already talked to the dealer. Even if the car comes in damaged for whatever reason, as people on the forums have suggested (who have had this happen), I am just going to place another order and they can sort it out with Dodge and sell the car to whomever.

You have been warned.
By the guy who has been wrong about me at literally every turn. Even other members of the forum have gone so far as to correct you on this.

So much hate over what? It must truly be miserable to be you.

ChargerChallenger

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mopar Nation
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
19 Challenger Hellcat Redeye 19 Charger Hellcat
Meanwhile I finally got my Super Snake 8 months later after ordering her February with delivery date of June.
1499EA5C-4652-4CB7-AA52-2489A4E169AB.jpeg 3D2612DE-1477-4229-9024-D34195308CA6.jpeg

Hellcat Cuda

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
S.F. East Bay
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger HC Red Eye 1969 Hellcat Cuda
In theory we had a choice, but not really. When I felt that something just wasn't right, I cancelled the order.
But, the small dealership we'd ordered from had more faith in the outcome than we did, so they never did cancel it.

Then there was a misunderstanding as I got the impression that they didn't have an allocation for a second one, so we ordered from another dealer.
Yes, we could've accepted the repaired first car as the damage wasn't that complicated to fix (new splash shields and cross member), but as bad as I felt for our favorite dealer, I didn't feel like buying that car.
Besides, it wouldn't have been fair to the other dealer to back out at that point.

It all worked out in the end, and we've bought a couple more vehicles from our favorite dealer since.
But if you recall, that first car was almost possessed. The first potential buyer turned out to be a scammer, then it eventually ended up being bought by a mortician, of all things.
For me, the biggest deterrent for you going through with the purchase were the foot prints on the ceiling, if you remember... lolololol

DRAGRCR

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Death Valley
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Hornet
@ihitbuttons
#1 I unsubscribed from this thread so I don't get email remiders all day long any more bothering me.
#2 I did not read post #1 in theis thread.
#3 I did not read post #69 in this thread so no need to quote me and blather on with your pathetic responses.
#4 I responded to your thread in the other site and I was actually trying to be nice at one point and enlighten you with some info even though you are clueless and jump to conclusions etc.
#5 Then I saw that you started an identical thread over here with about 2X as long post #1. THAT is when I had your number.
#6 So I basically do not read what you post at all, although I do find some of the responses by others reassuring and amusing.
#7 Now that I have got your number and I know your true colors I am completely done with you and your bullcrap.

Confuzed1

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
U.S. Navy Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Go Pack Go
State
WI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 PCP Redeye Challenger Widebody

You have been warned.

I got his number and it is right next to TROLL.
I worked at a major power generation plant also for 20 years......did 12 hour rotating shifts....for years......I never talked bad about women, and had no inclination to be one either....lol

OP
ihitbuttons
Member ID
Reactions
City
Fort Worth
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #74
#1 I unsubscribed from this thread so I don't get email remiders all day long any more bothering me.
Awesome. You weren't really helpful to anyone.

#2 I did not read post #1 in theis thread.
That was painfully obvious. Instead, you just decide to berate people because it makes you feel better about yourself without having any idea what they said.

#3 I did not read post #69 in this thread so no need to quote me and blather on with your pathetic responses.
Yeah. I am sure in your mind actually reading what people write and responding to what they actually say makes someone pathetic in your mind.

#4 I responded to your thread in the other site and I was actually trying to be nice at one point and enlighten you with some info even though you are clueless and jump to conclusions etc.
Wow. Projecting much? You literally, in this post admitted to not even reading my thread, and have repeated accused me of saying things which I have not said - and you are accusing me of being clueless and jumping do conclusions? Do you even read what you write?

BTW, this was your first post in the other thread - where you were "trying to be nice":

"You are an example of someone wanting to play in a game with a group of people and you think all the rules need to change to please you. What a shame you have convinced yourself that your expectations should be met even though they are not realistic and therefore not offered by the company. I sell things on these forums sometimes and when I get someone like you to show me their colors I cut them loose without hesitation. It’s not worth it to me to deal with the impossible to please customer. Not at all.

I have been in this game for a while and seen or read just about everything there is and I can tell you for a fact many of the things that are going on with your purchase are completely normal.

I find it interesting that you allude to some things but give no details. You want to reap pity by concealing facts about your purchase. You also repeat your disappointment over and over like a broken record. It’s almost sickening.

I normally would not bother reading all this crap but it seems a rule now to go buy something from a company, DODGE, and then become unhappy and trash them in way over the top threads. Such a shame because you and the others know where the door is.

It is extremely likely that every step of the way that covid-19 is causing the problems with your order. But every step of the way the circumstances are normal albeit slower. Probably the ONLY thing that you could say that would get my attention is if your Dealer ordered 3 cars exactly like yours on the same day and the other 2 were delivered already and yours was not. But even that would not be all that uncommon for various reasons. Seriously. "

You literally open up with an insult...

#5 Then I saw that you started an identical thread over here with about 2X as long post #1. THAT is when I had your number.
It is literally word for word the same post - but how would you even know - you didn't even read it? What is my number? Being a rational person? I am sure people like that get your goat.

#6 So I basically do not read what you post at all, although I do find some of the responses by others reassuring and amusing.
That is obvious. Which responses, the ones that are telling you you haven't been paying attention to anything I have said, and what you are accusing me of doesn't make sense? Or, do you just ignore everything that doesn't fit what you want to believe something is?

I don't even see how you think you can discuss a topic with no knowledge of the topic.

It boggles my mind. You see a post is long, and what, you are just like "I am going to crap all over this guy for using words!". That is mighty big of you.

#7 Now that I have got your number and I know your true colors I am completely done with you and your bullcrap.
I mean, I can't see I am sad to see you go. Since you have been no help, offered no information or constructive feedback, don't even know the topic of the post, and have just been crass and rude for no apparent reason.

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
For me, the biggest deterrent for you going through with the purchase were the foot prints on the ceiling, if you remember... lolololol
Oh, I do remember, Hellcat Cuda.
The plow mounts, salt spreading, lunch break activities and such, I could stomach. But the foot prints were a bit too much for me.

Now I can't remember what name went with the very colorful avatar, but wasn't that one his idea?

Slowpoke387

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Somewhere
State
CT
Country
United States
Vehicle
2020 Challenger Hellcat Redeye WB
Man this guy has a lot of time on his hands lol. Every post is Harry Potter novel series long.
Hopefully when the car arrives it's in good shape. Otherwise this forum will need more memory. Hopefully it all works out.

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
Man that first post was long.
Didn't take me that long to read War and Peace...Im on the final chapter now...

Mike L.

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Yorba Linda
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
'16 Challenger Hellcat A8
Didn't take me that long to read War and Peace...Im on the final chapter now...
It was more entertaining as well.

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Charger HC (once upon a time)
jackass.gif

trolling_the_bus.gif

ChargerChallenger

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mopar Nation
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
19 Challenger Hellcat Redeye 19 Charger Hellcat
Hmmm the beat the dead horse thread and yeah sometimes I wonder why not many new members hang out very long:unsure: