Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

How not to treat your new customers (when ordering a vehicle)

Hunter

8000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Army Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Moss Point
State
MS
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
Welcome and "soon to be" congratulations.
My 19 only took a couple months, but it felt like forever.
My 16 was used off the lot, so I knew what I was getting with the 19 which made the wait worse.
Try and think of it as Christmas coming.......
Cannot wait to see the pictures.

OP
ihitbuttons
Member ID
Reactions
City
Fort Worth
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2020 Hellcat Redeye (Maybe)
Thread Starter #22
Welcome and "soon to be" congratulations.
My 19 only took a couple months, but it felt like forever.
My 16 was used off the lot, so I knew what I was getting with the 19 which made the wait worse.
Try and think of it as Christmas coming.......
Cannot wait to see the pictures.
Thanks for the well-wishes. The waiting hasn't been the issue, unfortunately. Hopefully the car comes in. Maybe I get some answers? We will see.

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
Surely someone here has photos of a very similar car, and can post them for you.
Then live vicariously through them for a while.

OP
ihitbuttons
Member ID
Reactions
City
Fort Worth
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #24
Surely someone here has photos of a very similar car, and can post them for you.
Then live vicariously through them for a while.
I have the renders from the Dodge website. Haven't seen one exactly like it, but I am sure it exists.

Widebody, Go Mango, Satin hood/roof/trunk, SRT Spoiler, Brass Monkey Wheels, and Orange Calipers are the major exterior features.

Attachments

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
Haven't seen one exactly like it, but I am sure it exists.
Don't so sure of that. Both my girlfriend's '19 and my '18 are one of one cars.

OP
ihitbuttons
Member ID
Reactions
City
Fort Worth
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #26
Don't so sure of that. Both my girlfriend's '19 and my '18 are one of one cars.
It certainly is possible. Not really an expectation or reason for ordering it that way - just like the way all these options looked together. Creates a nice looking package. All of my other cars are pretty low key in terms of color choices. Generally they attract enough attention without the need for loud paint. Felt this combo met the spirit of this vehicle well though. Also, I love puns, and "Go, Man, Go" as color - how could I not?

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
All of my other cars are pretty low key in terms of color choices. Generally they attract enough attention without the need for loud paint.
Yep, that's exactly why ours are Granite.

And mine was off the lot, I would've never have ordered stripes. But I grown to really like them, and they're probably the reason it's a one of one.
Not many would spend the money on (black) stripes that are practically invisible.

stonewall

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Conway
State
AR
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Dodge Hellcat Challenger
The beef I had with the time from build to delivery was ridiculous. You by say a 2020 model in September. you may get it by February. Half the damn model year is gone before you ever see your (new) car. It will have depreciated before you get it.

OP
ihitbuttons
Member ID
Reactions
City
Fort Worth
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #29
The beef I had with the time from build to delivery was ridiculous. You by say a 2020 model in September. you may get it by February. Half the damn model year is gone before you ever see your (new) car. It will have depreciated before you get it.
Yeah, this could obviously be improved on Dodge's part.

Depreciation isn't as much of a concern for me, in all honesty, but having more time with the vehicle is always nice.

HRJ

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
Porsche GT3
I ordered my Macan Turbo in August. I might be able to pick it up in January....

:sleep:

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
I ordered my Macan Turbo in August. I might be able to pick it up in January....:sleep:
Dang. I think my girlfriend's 911 took less than three months from order to arrival.

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
Think it is odd that the OP would join 2 different Hellcat sites today and put this story on both:unsure:

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
That's not uncommon.
What I find odd is when someone starts three of four identical threads (seen that on a Ram forum), presumably because nobody responded within two minutes.

Demoniccat

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mid
State
RI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Hellcat Redeye
You're just trying to break our four months and eight days from build to delivery record, aren't you?
Jimmy I remember you went through a major ordeal with your order a ways back, and we’re pretty easy going with it, 2 cars ordered and you had your choice if I remember correct.

ACMAVRO

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
11 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Ocean Springs
State
MS
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger HC M6
I have the renders from the Dodge website. Haven't seen one exactly like it, but I am sure it exists.

Widebody, Go Mango, Satin hood/roof/trunk, SRT Spoiler, Brass Monkey Wheels, and Orange Calipers are the major exterior features.
Looks good, I’d be ready to get that thing home too

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
Jimmy I remember you went through a major ordeal with your order a ways back, and we’re pretty easy going with it, 2 cars ordered and you had your choice if I remember correct.
In theory we had a choice, but not really. When I felt that something just wasn't right, I cancelled the order.
But, the small dealership we'd ordered from had more faith in the outcome than we did, so they never did cancel it.

Then there was a misunderstanding as I got the impression that they didn't have an allocation for a second one, so we ordered from another dealer.
Yes, we could've accepted the repaired first car as the damage wasn't that complicated to fix (new splash shields and cross member), but as bad as I felt for our favorite dealer, I didn't feel like buying that car.
Besides, it wouldn't have been fair to the other dealer to back out at that point.

It all worked out in the end, and we've bought a couple more vehicles from our favorite dealer since.
But if you recall, that first car was almost possessed. The first potential buyer turned out to be a scammer, then it eventually ended up being bought by a mortician, of all things.

OP
ihitbuttons
Member ID
Reactions
City
Fort Worth
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #37
Think it is odd that the OP would join 2 different Hellcat sites today and put this story on both:unsure:
Why would think that would be odd? I didn't try to hide it by even using different handles, or changing the story in the both.

There are two communities. Assuming not everyone is a member of both communities, do you know of a better way to reach both in a way that both gives and gets feedback?

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
Why would think that would be odd? I didn't try to hide it by even using different handles, or changing the story in the both.

There are two communities. Assuming not everyone is a member of both communities, do you know of a better way to reach both in a way that both gives and gets feedback?
For a 1st post, yes that is odd. Not sure what you are asking? Anytime you order a car it can take 4 weeks to 4 months. A long story if that is what you are wanting to know

OP
ihitbuttons
Member ID
Reactions
City
Fort Worth
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #39
For a 1st post, yes that is odd. Not sure what you are asking? Anytime you order a car it can take 4 weeks to 4 months. A long story if that is what you are wanting to know
You stated it was odd that I posted on both forums. I asked if there was a better way to reach both audiences, but I digress.

I have no problem with the amount of time it has taken. I have ordered cars in the past, though this is my first time dealing with Dodge. I have had cars take significantly longer (9 months or so). The difference being the level of communication between me and the manufacture, either directly (in the case of the SRT hotline) or through the Dealer.

The issue is not how long it has taken. The issue is the lack of information has created a less then great customer experience. The operators at the SRT hotline seem to think it is taking a long time, as whenever I call in they open a ticket on the order. The dealership seems to think it is taking an excessively long time, and has reached out to Dodge. Dodge hasn't really said anything, as far as what has been relayed to me, except, "No additional information".

This has caused, and I would imagine would cause for some other people, a less then ideal customer experience and feel it is something Dodge could improve upon. It is also a case where a little could go a long with, at least with me.

I am not asking for any financial compensation, or consideration. I would just like to know what went on with the vehicle. Others have echoed that sentiment with their past orders as well.

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Charger HC (once upon a time)
I ordered my Macan Turbo in August. I might be able to pick it up in January....

:sleep:
That new Macan is no stooge. It'll give the HC a run for the money 0-60 and then fall away but damn that is saying something. Way worse rides you could have chosen. Would love to see it!