Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

HOW LONG WILL YOU KEEP YOUR HELLCAT

jroyk

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Sketchy
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat M6
As long as I’m on the right side of the grass or until my left leg can’t work the man pedal.

OP
1971demon

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
Thread Starter #22
I will keep mine until/unless life says otherwise.

The only possible exception is a trade up to a better Challenger, and in my mind, that doesn't count (it's a scary place in my mind).

;)
After my Demon purchase...I had every intention of up grading my HC to a redeye...till I found out there was no M6..no way Im giving up my M6...some times theres more to driving than .027 seconds..the M6 with this power plant is perfect for me

NoCoHC

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Somewhere
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
Numerous
X4

My 16 HC M6 is a keeper. For back roads spirited cruising I like 3 pedal cars so no RE in my future. Don't care what the "market" is - mine is not going anywhere. Plus BB watched out for / signed the car so it was a special build experience for me.
I really wish I could find a car I wanted to keep forever. The Hellcat was close. I kept it for awhile along with my Boss 302 but didn’t like having multiple cars I didn’t drive enough. I cringe losing money on car deals so try to keep the hobby as close to break even as possible.

Hellcatcfp

5000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Dodge Charger SRT Hellcat
I will keep mine until/unless life says otherwise.

The only possible exception is a trade up to a better Challenger, and in my mind, that doesn't count (it's a scary place in my mind).

;)
Well said...I agree.

BULL

Oh NO! Not that guy!
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Weld County
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
MY16 M6 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
In a perfect world I will keep the M6 and also have a RE

motorhead

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Ottawa
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2019 Challenger HC Widebody
In the 20+ years I've been on car forums, if I had a dollar for every guy who said "keeping this car forever" I wouldn't be on any other car forum but one's for Ferraris and Lambos ;)
I've had my '87 MCSS since 1999... I was 18 at the time. She's staying because there are just certain cars the grow with you.

Hunter

8000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Army Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Moss Point
State
MS
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
I really wish I could find a car I wanted to keep forever. The Hellcat was close. I kept it for awhile along with my Boss 302 but didn’t like having multiple cars I didn’t drive enough. I cringe losing money on car deals so try to keep the hobby as close to break even as possible.
In reality, if I was worried about losing money on the car, I would not have got it.
It is worth every penny I paid into and continue to pay into. I got it because of its beauty and emotional connection.

OP
1971demon

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
Thread Starter #28
In a perfect world I will keep the M6 and also have a RE
You would choose the M6 three to one on daily jaunts...most of the time when I have nowhere to go...and a couple of hours to get there..the Demon never sees the light of day...but would never part with either...both have just cosmetic mods..(that suits my taste)..the only mod I'm considering..a Barton shifter for the HC...that's it

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Charger HC (once upon a time)
As long as I’m on the right side of the grass or until my left leg can’t work the man pedal.
So you're selling tomorrow? :)

OP
1971demon

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
Thread Starter #30
In reality, if I was worried about losing money on the car, I would not have got it.
It is worth every penny I paid into and continue to pay into. I got it because of its beauty and emotional connection.
The only time money is worth anything..is when you spend it...pile all the cash you can on the kitchen table...and just look at it..and leave it there...its not worth anything..and its little comfort when the doctors tell you your stage 4

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Charger HC (once upon a time)
Considering the zero percent interest lease is coming to an end at the end of April I will have to make the decision about buying this car or dumping it. Will probably end up keeping it. Don't have the loose cash to throw down on another car at the moment with other things going on (and we get credit here for all the tax we paid on the lease, so it would be a tax "free" purchase if we buy it). My SC GTO I always said I'd never sell, but I have it up for sale now. It's just never driven, and there are things I could use that money for. But I'm still uncomfortable with getting rid of it since it is a total known quantity and I'll never get even close to half of what I've put into it over the years (but then who does? cars are generally poor investments, or good investments for folks bad at math)

Mean Cat

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger Hellcat
I will probably keep it for a while , with the way the HC runs & rides , it's been the best hot rod I've owned.
Had my 1997 Mustang Cobra for 18 years ,
my 1975 Pontiac Firebird Formula 400 for 23 years.

Last edited:

MikeD1

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Central Florida
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
I was considering getting a REWB (had to be Sublime & fairly loaded) with the power $$, but there was nothing within reasonable driving distance and the trade-in $$ eroded almost lock-step with the incentives.
Net - I'll be keeping my '16 for the foreseeable future !

Purerock105

1000 Posts Club
Member ID
Reactions
City
Reno
State
NV
Country
United States
Vehicle
16' Corvette Z06, 17' Shelby GT350, 17' Raptor
I've had my 98 Corvette going on 22 yrs so there's that. I also had 01' Lightning and a 14' Chrysler 300SRT. I tend to own 2-3 cars at a time. Dec 17 will be one year owning my 16' HC Charger. I really like that car, so no plans to get rid of it.

jroyk

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Sketchy
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat M6
So you're selling tomorrow? :)
Nope. Still alive and kicking (with both legs).

OP
1971demon

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
Thread Starter #36
I
I sold both my16 Charger and Challenger last summer to pickup the 50th Anniversary 426 Challenger 2020 model. Damn can’t believe that was so misguided by RS. The HP dollar discount and aggressive retail discount is the only reason I’m back in a HC RE. I get bored too easily with cars, trucks, motorcycles and when something bigger and better comes along I usually move on. The end of the run IMO on something bigger and badder for the Challenger May never come, If this is the case I may hold onto her which would be a first in all the years of me owning cars. So answering your question not sure I can answer at this time.
I have a friend of mine that has that same philosophy with women..(a more costly endeavor)..he could never afford to be a car guy

04Ram2500Hemi

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Western
State
MT
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Ram TRX
This is a discussion I have with myself about this time the last couple years. With the Hellcat in storage until late March at the earliest, I sometimes wonder what the point of having the car is? To be honest, there just isn’t a truck or car out there that currently interests me (plus my truck and car are paid for).

If Ram actually comes out with the Rebel TRX and doesn’t screw it up, I could see myself doing a two for one trade and getting a new truck. Otherwise, I’ll just hang onto what I have for a while.

SilverBillet

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
The Villages
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Jeep GC 5.7 TrailHawk
I thought I would keep my Hellcat forever but recently decided it must go. We built a new house this Summer in a retirement community in Florida. We will be moving permanently in 2 yrs and now have to downsize. Will keep the 1969 fastback Cuda and 2018 GC Trailhawk. I have been procrastinating in advertising anything but my 2013 Daytona, 2001 Dodge Ram 2500 5 speed Cummins and 24’ Haulmark trailer will also be for sale. Plan to get a couple of golf carts to replace the Chargers...:confused:

Last edited:

ChargerChallenger

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mopar Nation
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
19 Challenger Hellcat Redeye 19 Charger Hellcat
I thought I would keep my Hellcat forever but recently decided it must go. We built a new house this Summer in a retirement community in Florida. We will be moving permanently in 2 yrs and now have to downsize. Will keep the 1969 fastback Cuda and 2018 GC Trailhawk. I have been procrastinating in advertising anything but my 2013 Daytona, 2001 Dodge 2500 5 speed Cummins and 24’ Haulmark trailer will also be for sale. Plan to get a couple of golf carts to replace the Chargers...:confused:
Sounds like your going to the Villages which my wife thinks that’s the best damn place to move. And I’m like no oh no oh no told her maybe 10-15 years and that’s a big big maybe lol.

Paladin06

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Army Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Clarksville
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger Hellcat/2019 Challenger Redeye
My 2015 Challenger Hellcat #834 is a keeper for sure. I had planned on the 2019 Challenger Redeye being my last new car but, it has some issues and if not resolved soon it will go to a new home.