Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Have you experienced the shift hiccup issue with your Redeye?

Have you experienced the shift hiccup issue with your Redeye?

• Total voters
Member ID
Reactions
City
Rochester
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 Challenger Hellcat Redeye NB
Multiple Redeye owners are experiencing a major shift delay/hiccup issue. The goal of this survey is to bring all owners and FCA visibility to this issue. And to quickly have a solution provided in a software revision via a TSB.

@DodgeCares Can you please respond letting all of the Redeye owners know that FCA/Dodge/SRT acknowledges the issue and are actively working on a solution?

Voters add the following details
1. What year?
2. Normal or wide body?
3. 2.62 or 3.09 rear gear ratio?
4. Type of rear tires?
5. What drive modes do you experience the shift issue in? Track only?
6. Does it happen during (WOT) wide open throttle only?
7. Between what shifts does it occur?

OP
D
Member ID
Reactions
City
Rochester
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 Challenger Hellcat Redeye NB
Thread Starter #2
1. 2019
2. Normal
3. 2.62
4. Stock tires
5. Track only
6. WOT only
7. 1-2

Hickster

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seminole
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Hellcat Challenger
Don't own one. But if you let me bur row yoyrs I will attempt. Need beer also.

Member ID
Reactions
City
L
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger Redeye WB
1. 2019
2. Wide body
3. 3.09 rear gear ratio
4. M/T SS
5. Track
6. (WOT) wide open throttle only
7. 1-2

HRJ

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
Porsche GT3
REWB
M/T ET Street R
Track and Sport
WOT
1-2

Hickster

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seminole
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Hellcat Challenger
A bit of inhibitated glychol will help.

Matt someone with an SRT

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Newtown
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2023 Charger SRT HellcatJailbreak , 2019 RedEye WB
REWB
M/T ET Street R
Track and Sport
WOT
1-2
I think my Redeye has this issue too. I thought that was just a difference in transmission from the charger but I do notice this hiccup at WOT too. Not all the time but sometimes. Same as your car just 2019. And it’s happening like between 6-6500rpm.

Last edited:

DRAGRCR

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Death Valley
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Hornet
NBRE
315/50R17 ET STREET R
Track and Sport
WOT
1-2 drag strip, substantial, every pass
2-3 on street, spinning

On the street at anything less than WOT in Sport and Track it shifts really hard. I only hopeand wish it would do this on the race track @ WOT (drag strip going straight).

I honestly think they gave me the Demon Engine but forgot to account for the additional power so Torque Management is freaking out. They gave us a Demon Engine with Hellcat TCM program. Is it even possible the engineers and programmers dropped the ball on this? Why give me all this power and then NOT let it flow through the transmission? Hellcat Dan thinks they did this on purpose to allow the Demon the remain superior.

Last edited:

coolblue

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Long Island
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Redeye
NBRE
315/50R17 ET STREET R
Track and Sport
WOT
1-2 drag strip, substantial, every pass
2-3 on street, spinning

On the street at anything less than WOT in Sport and Track it shifts really hard. I only hopeand wish it would do this on the race track @ WOT (drag strip going straight).

I honestly think they gave me the Demon Engine but forgot to account for the additional power so Torque Management is freaking out. They gave us a Demon Engine with Hellcat TCM program. Is it even possible the engineers and programmers dropped the ball on this? Why give me all this power and then NOT let it flow through the transmission? Hellcat Dan thinks they did this on purpose to allow the Demon the remain superior.
Interesting. But I think your first thought is more on point. They have money in hand. Sorry to say, but I don't think they're concerned about the Demons all that much. And even if they could sabotage the RE performance it wouldn't be to that detriment. The stiffer suspension and heavier brakes alone would knock off a few hundredths to tenths and that would do it.

Matt someone with an SRT

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Newtown
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
I think I’ve noticed hesitation from the 3-4 shift as well.

MaxCarnage

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Spokane Valley
State
WA
Country
United States
Vehicle
19' Redeye
HFCOTM
View Images
Following this thread. It'll be quite some time but I plan on datalogging my redeye. I haven't been able to race my Redeye since last year (Covid shut tracks down in spring). I plan on datalogging in the fall though. Hopefully shed some light on this.

If anyone has the chance to datalog their Redeye and share that data, it would be great to figure out what exactly is causing it. Hopefully we can get FCA's attention on this, that will result in a fix.

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Dodge Challenger Redeye WB
Shit yesterday it must have laid down between every gear at least once! Ran like a raped ape all day, every time I press it to the floor, it will either catch or run by about anything, or look in the mirror and watch. Or I will admit, it is the only thing that will at least keep with a ZR1\Z06 or better except of course in the corners. But it has a rather annoying consistent type of pause. It was a day with great DA and I know the tank had anywhere between 95-98 octane, so it had plenty of good stuff to drink.

Hold it NOT at WOT which is how some of the course needs driven and it shifts good and won’t hesitate. At home when I took it out for a brake bed session, I held it at like 1/2 -3/4 throttle in Track Mode and it barked the crap Toyo’s in FOUR gears!

Opening session will be in eye watering low DA this morning and will demand some partial throttle along with some good WOT, I’ll pay more attention and make sure I have all the AV equipment going. Too bad we can’t put a monitor on it for a lap. Anyway this shit may demand a custom tune to get rid of this shit. If don’t need to shift so damn hard, maybe they can turn down the interference?

OP all my opinion, experience above is Track Mode 3.09 gear.
Rears
305/35 Toyo R888R
Or Michelin 345/30 Cup 2. Same shit tires don’t matter a bit. But those Cup 2’s damn well are worth their extra $$$ for a lot of reasons.

Paladin06

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Army Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Clarksville
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger Hellcat/2019 Challenger Redeye
2. Original Body
3. 2.62
4. Stock tires & DR’s
5. Default/Sport &Track
6. Normal acceleration & WOT
7. 1-2/3-4

It feels totally different from 2015. I assumed it was the Demon drivetrain.

DRAGRCR

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Death Valley
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Hornet
Hold it NOT at WOT which is how some of the course needs driven and it shifts good and won’t hesitate. At home when I took it out for a brake bed session, I held it at like 1/2 -3/4 throttle in Track Mode and it barked the crap Toyo’s in FOUR gears!

That is especially irritating. Less than WOT and it shifts really hard like I want. When the PCM/TCM sees WOT it takes action and you get that Hiccup. In my experience this is exactly what you don't want. But what do I know........

Slowpoke387

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Somewhere
State
CT
Country
United States
Vehicle
2020 Challenger Hellcat Redeye WB
Reading this thread is taking the thrill out of waiting for my new WB RE 3.09 to be built. All I keep hearing in the back of my mind now is the debbie downer wommp wommp...

DRAGRCR

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Death Valley
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Hornet
Reading this thread is taking the thrill out of waiting for my new WB RE 3.09 to be built. All I keep hearing in the back of my mind now is the debbie downer wommp wommp...
I would have NEVER ordered this car and bought it, if I had known it would do this. My 2015 SRT392 did not do it, my 2016 Hellcat did not do it and my 2018 Demon did not do it.

@DodgeCares

EricG

1000 Posts Club
Premium Account
10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Albuquerque
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'19 Hellcat Redeye
I have experienced this too, pretty much only at WOT in sport and track transmission modes on 1-2 2-3 and 3-4 shifts, never really have had it in default. I absolutely love this car except for this one little thing. I just recently completed my official Dodge ownership satisfaction survey and specifically made note of this. Think anyone reads those @DodgeCares ?

I really like this car stock for what it is, Was planning on enjoying it at the strip a few times a year and car shows and just have the most fun daily driver ever.

I have a 2019 normal body 2.62 car with 275 drag radials in the back.

ACMAVRO

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
11 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Ocean Springs
State
MS
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger HC M6
Sub’d

Matt someone with an SRT

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Newtown
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
I think the consensus is 1-2 2-3 and 3-4. Personally I notice it 2-3 and 3-4 on the street. 1st gear I usually always shift before 6k so I really don’t experience it on the 1-2. Did 5 runs on the street today 0-100 and almost every time had hesitation from 3-4. Shifting at WOT. Couldn’t get a good run in today without the silly hiccup. I always use the paddle shifters. I guess you guys notice this with the computer shifting as well..

Markp

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Fuck Trudeau
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2019 Redeye
I have 2019 Redeye regular body 2.62 with 305/17 ETRs never experienced this issue. Just got back from the track today and ran a 10.394 no issues. Trans in track, traction in sport and suspension in street. I tried one run with all settings the same but with trans in sport and ran a 10.8 so went back to track.