Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Have you experienced the shift hiccup issue with your Redeye?

Have you experienced the shift hiccup issue with your Redeye?

• Total voters

Hellcat Cuda

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
S.F. East Bay
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger HC Red Eye 1969 Hellcat Cuda
Here is the video that @DRAGRCR posted on Youtube. My 2019 Redeye is doing the exact same thing as in this video also. I did purchase an unlock pcm and going to get to the bottom of it also ASAP!!
Aww geez! That's IT!!! Thank you for posting this video. That's exactly what my RE does at the track. Too hard to tell on the street because I can never get any traction. But at the strip with my Mickey Rs on, it launches HARD and then does the hiccup. I have even pulled my foot out of it, thinking it's hit the limiter and gone into limp mode. All this time I thought it was something I was doing wrong. Definatey need to find a fix for this.

Is FCA on top of this? Are they aware? Are they working on it? This is not something I could expect my dealer to fix unless I guided them to a solution from FCA. No way I would leave it with them for them to experiment with.

Guess I better read the rest of this thread and see how a solution may have progressed...

Last edited:

Hellcat Cuda

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
S.F. East Bay
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Does it sound like my car is doing it also??? I am going to take a video from inside the car next time I am at the track. Now I am worried too. Dammit!
I don't hear the hicup in your car. You'd know it, as it sounds and feels a lot like having a 6 speed manual and taking the time to shift it being relatively easy on the tranny (not like a power shift).

DRAGRCR

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Death Valley
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Hornet
Aww geez! That's IT!!! Thank you for posting this video. That's exactly what my RE does at the track. Too hard to tell on the street because I can never get any traction. But at the strip with my Mickey Rs on, it launches HARD and then does the hiccup. I have even pulled my foot out of it, thinking it's hit the limiter and gone into limp mode. All this time I thought it was something I was doing wrong. Definatey need to find a fix for this.

Is FCA on top of this? Are they aware? Are they working on it? This is not something I could expect my dealer to fix unless I guided them to a solution from FCA. No way I would leave it with them for them to experiment with.

Guess I better read the rest of this thread and see how a solution may have progressed...
@DodgeCares

Hellcat Cuda

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
S.F. East Bay
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
DRAGRCR, not sure what you mean. I should contact DodgeCares?

By the way, congrats on the Frostbite RE. I fell in love with that color, even more than what I like B5, but already had my car. Still love the B5, so all is good. :)

DRAGRCR

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Death Valley
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Hornet
DRAGRCR, not sure what you mean. I should contact DodgeCares?

By the way, congrats on the Frostbite RE. I fell in love with that color, even more than what I like B5, but already had my car. Still love the B5, so all is good. :)
No, I Made your concerns highlighted in bold print and then I tagged them so they can see you have these concerns too. Maybe they will get in here and respond. I know corporate FCA knows I have a problem and I have told them that a lot of other cars do this. So this would reinforce what I have been telling them.

Member ID
Reactions
City
L
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger Redeye WB
@Speedy! or @DRAGRCR

I just received my HpTuners unlocked pcm. I am willing (if someone can help me) to flash the stock demon file to my Redeye and test this to see if it disappears. If anybody can help me please let me know. Hell I would even pay a tuner to make the demon crate HO calibration with tcm for me to load into my Redeye!!!

DRAGRCR

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Death Valley
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Hornet
@Speedy! or @DRAGRCR

I just received my HpTuners unlocked pcm. I am willing (if someone can help me) to flash the stock demon file to my Redeye and test this to see if it disappears. If anybody can help me please let me know. Hell I would even pay a tuner to make the demon crate HO calibration with tcm for me to load into my Redeye!!!
I don't have anything to do with tuning. Also I don't think you can just trade files and load them into other vehicles. I am not 100% sure but I think the file has to have the VIN associated with it. Also there are differences year to year with hardware and sensors. So, I think the tuner would take a copy of your stock TCM file and transfer the Demon TCM info into your file. @Speedy! has talked about this with me. But either way you are going to owe some money. I also have been told that this hiccup could be the PCM, OR the TCM causing it. So any tuner is going to want to see logs to start. Unless they have personally seen this exact same thing before they may have a base Tune they could try but then will still want to log the car to see results and make adjustments.

Right now I am waiting for my HP Tuners equipment to log my car and copy my stock tunes. You do not need to unlock the PCM to do this. I am also waiting to see what FCA comes up with. It seems they are working on it.

Felt

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Philadelphia
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Redeye Challenger
@TommyPierson Satera tuning used to have a package 840hp H.O. mode tune that came with the demon center stack and a new PCM or you could send your PCM in and you could have the drag mode and the Demon features for like $1300 or $1900 with new PCM. I just checked their site and it's not being advertised anymore. @Hemituner was doing them with Satera or something like that. Not sure what happened maybe they couldn't get the center stacks I don't know or they just aren't advertising it??

Ralph

Member ID
Reactions
City
Glendale
State
AZ
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Hellcat REWB
Does it sound like my car is doing it also??? I am going to take a video from inside the car next time I am at the track. Now I am worried too. Dammit!
When my car was hesitating, it sounded like the engine momentarily cutoff. I thought that it was the traction control, but shutting off the traction control made no difference. The hesitation was brief, but very pronounced. Hope this helps.

Hellcat Cuda

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
S.F. East Bay
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
When my car was hesitating, it sounded like the engine momentarily cutoff. I thought that it was the traction control, but shutting off the traction control made no difference. The hesitation was brief, but very pronounced. Hope this helps.
Sooo, it's no longer hesitating? You were able to cure it? Please fill us in! :)

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
@Speedy! or @DRAGRCR

Don't try to flash the Demon tune in to a RE. That wouldn't work out. A custom tune from a reputable tuner is certainly an option.

Ralph

Member ID
Reactions
City
Glendale
State
AZ
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Hellcat REWB
Sooo, it's no longer hesitating? You were able to cure it? Please fill us in! :)
The hesitation I was experiencing mysteriously stopped with the SRT Tech in the car (Go figure) although it was doing it the night before. We installed a new flash upgrade anyway. I don't know if the hesitation is gone or just sleeping, waiting to spoil my day. As I put more miles on the car I will keep everyone posted. Maybe getting on the car heavily the night before caused something to change in the computer? Sorry if I caused any confusion!

Hellcat Cuda

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
S.F. East Bay
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Hey Dodge Cares, are you listening? Please help us out on this.

Member ID
Reactions
City
L
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger Redeye WB
Don't try to flash the Demon tune in to a RE. That wouldn't work out. A custom tune from a reputable tuner is certainly an option.
I would never do that lol.

I just would like someone to open mine or @DRAGRCR Stock Redeye PCM & TCM file and use the compare feature in HP Editor and find if the torque management and/or if the PCM & TCM parameters are very different.

Kinda sucks when you feel like you are going to hit the windshield with your helmet at the top of 1st gear.

Hickster

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seminole
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Hellcat Challenger
Nope, but I have a 4 legged one that want let me sleep. Friggin bites me when I don't pay attention to him at 3:12 am. Sucks when you have very much back pain and the cat is knawing on your arm. Turn the TV on so he will have sumtin to do. 2 nights in a row at 3 am. F ing thing is killing me.

NJ_Redeye

Founding Member
10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Audubon
State
NJ
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger SRT Hellcat Redeye
2. Original Body
3. 3.09
4. Stock tires & DR’s
5. Track
6. Normal acceleration & WOT
7. 1-2

Paladin06

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Army Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Clarksville
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger Hellcat/2019 Challenger Redeye
My Stock 2019 Redeye is still under 3k miles. At this point I am very disappointed in the car. Driving both cars on the same day under the same conditions I have no doubt my slightly modded 2015 Hellcat would gap my 2019 Redeye. One day I’ll get to prove it.

Hellcat Cuda

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
S.F. East Bay
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
I saw a utube video of a SpeedCore Challenger (think it was a Demon or RedEye; don't remember all the details) being driven by Leah Pritchett and it was VERY fast, like maybe 8s. Anyway, there didn't seem to be a problem with the 1-2 shift, but the 2-3 shift had a MAJOR hiccup that was VERY noticeable, viewing from behind as she launched. Then, they showed the run from inside the car. When it shifted from 2nd to 3rd
Leah's head went way forward and then jerked back as the car got past it's hiccup. What the heck??? What is going on with these cars? That was really disappointing to see / hear. Mine is doing it from 1-2 in regular mode and the other day I put it in custom mode which is set for track transmission and it hiccupped on the 2-3 shift.

Member ID
Reactions
City
Plant City
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger
No, I Made your concerns highlighted in bold print and then I tagged them so they can see you have these concerns too. Maybe they will get in here and respond. I know corporate FCA knows I have a problem and I have told them that a lot of other cars do this. So this would reinforce what I have been telling them.

Mine does it too.

Member ID
Reactions
City
Plant City
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger
Multiple Redeye owners are experiencing a major shift delay/hiccup issue. The goal of this survey is to bring all owners and FCA visibility to this issue. And to quickly have a solution provided in a software revision via a TSB.

@DodgeCares Can you please respond letting all of the Redeye owners know that FCA/Dodge/SRT acknowledges the issue and are actively working on a solution?

Voters add the following details
1. What year?
2. Normal or wide body?
3. 2.62 or 3.09 rear gear ratio?
4. Type of rear tires?
5. What drive modes do you experience the shift issue in? Track only?
6. Does it happen during (WOT) wide open throttle only?
7. Between what shifts does it occur?

widebody
Pirelli Summer (stock)
sport and track
higher rpms
usually 2-3