Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Friend is starting a new class for STREET CARS

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
This is not sick week. His 5 sec car would not make the rules.
I'm sure that there's a few that would unless the rules are mega tight. They run 7s & 8s.

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
And one key rule your missing must be a gen 3 hemi, ls Lt or coyote
I 100% missed that. Many are coyotes and lsx.

Mopars didn't do a great showing at either Sick Week or Drag Week this year. The few guys I talked to at Drag Week were hellcat rookies. I was helping them with their settings and launch.

cole3986

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
8 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lawrenceville
State
NJ
Country
United States
Vehicle
Hellcat, Demon, Trackhawk and project X,
This is not sick week. His 5 sec car would not make the rules.
What are the rules? Seems like a pretty basic question. I can give you numerous examples of "street cars" that are really quick. Cleetus el camino ran 6.6 a few years ago in imports versus the world and he drives that car everywhere. I do believe it is a LS motor build by Steve Morris (but I haven't kept up with it so the information maybe a little dated- name changed since I had it wrong).

The quickest gen 3 hemi is Goss which his challenger runs 6.6 or so and that is not a street car (he used to compete in X275 which is 1/8 mile racing) so the quarter mile time is a little a old.

What is Reaper going to do, make the class a 9.0 bracket race or allow all the safety equipment be used?

Last edited:

cole3986

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
8 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lawrenceville
State
NJ
Country
United States
Vehicle
I 100% missed that. Many are coyotes and lsx.

Mopars didn't do a great showing at either Sick Week or Drag Week this year. The few guys I talked to at Drag Week were hellcat rookies. I was helping them with their settings and launch.
The mopars are relatively slow, Tom Bailey built a Durango with a whipple gen 3 hemi that lifted the head and never did anything (besides his best intentions). The Durango has a 6.5 cert. cage that can accomodate 4 passengers.

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
What are the rules? Seems like a pretty basic question. I can give you numerous examples of "street cars" that are really quick. Cleetus el camino ran 6.6 a few years ago in imports versus the world and he drives that car everywhere. I do believe it is a LS motor build by Steve White (but I haven't kept up with it so the information maybe a little dated).

The quickest gen 3 hemi is Goss which his challenger runs 6.6 or so and that is not a street car (he used to compete in X275 which is 1/8 mile racing) so the quarter mile time is a little a old.

What is Reaper going to do, make the class a 9.0 bracket race or allow all the safety equipment be used?
Cleetus has the Steve Morris SMX engine now since he kept blowing up the ls motors.

Reillyrob

Member ID
Reactions
City
Orlando
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2020 Challenger Redeye
And one key rule your missing must be a gen 3 hemi, ls Lt or coyote
I like this idea....just going to have to be real creative and strict with the rules. Tire makes and sizes, power adders and NOS.

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
The mopars are relatively slow, Tom Bailey built a Durango with a whipple gen 3 hemi that lifted the head and never did anything (besides his best intentions). The Durango has a 6.5 cert. cage that can accomodate 4 passengers.
The 2nd engine is out now. Probably at Steve Morris getting rebuilt. It has been disappointment.

cole3986

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
8 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lawrenceville
State
NJ
Country
United States
Vehicle
Cleetus has the Steve Morris SMX engine now since he kept blowing up the ls motors.
Thanks for the correction, I really don't follow him but his El Camino is stupid quick street car.

OP
Hatermkr

Hatermkr

1000 Posts Club
Firefighter
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
West bend
State
WI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 helldemon
Thread Starter #69
What are the rules? Seems like a pretty basic question. I can give you numerous examples of "street cars" that are really quick. Cleetus el camino ran 6.6 a few years ago in imports versus the world and he drives that car everywhere. I do believe it is a LS motor build by Steve White (but I haven't kept up with it so the information maybe a little dated).

At the end of the day I would just say fuck it if I was him and forget about it. I see how it is on here imagine what he has off his facebook and you tube. You guys miss the point of having FUN. I drive 4.5 hours each way just to hang with Jon and his family and Jim why because I enjoy myself.

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
At the end of the day I would just say fuck it if I was him and forget about it. I see how it is on here imagine what he has off his facebook and you tube. You guys miss the point of having FUN. I drive 4.5 hours each way just to hang with Jon and his family and Jim why because I enjoy myself.
I'm just curious about the rules. Not that I'm going to be competing but I just like to know.

The gen 3 part is all new to me.

Reillyrob

Member ID
Reactions
City
Orlando
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2020 Challenger Redeye
I'm just curious about the rules. Not that I'm going to be competing but I just like to know.

The gen 3 part is all new to me.
You got to enter!

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
I can't. An old neck injury where it was broken has come back. I could become permanently paralyzed if I hit something hard. The spinal cord has narrowed.

cole3986

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
8 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lawrenceville
State
NJ
Country
United States
Vehicle
This is how it is everywhere and why there is a MSHS series. The Gen 3 stuff is generally too slow to compete in other events with the exception of heavy weight class (if it is offered).

I wouldn't drive hours to an event to get my ass drug. Better off going to hellcat races with fellow owners and having fun, but that is just me.

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
This is how it is everywhere and why there is a MSHS series. The Gen 3 stuff is generally too slow to compete in other events with the exception of heavy weight class (if it is offered).

I wouldn't drive hours to an event to get my ass drug. Better off going to hellcat races with fellow owners and having fun, but that is just me.
Personally I didn't want to be limited to MSHS. Far too many great events around Florida and Georgia.

Marc W

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
U.S. Navy Veteran
Firefighter
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
St. George
State
UT
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Dodge Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
The comments about it being a Fox Body class is right. Lightweight tinker toy of a car that comes with a factory 4-link/straight axle rear. Bush it, change the shocks and springs, spool the 8.8, go with aftermarket axles and a 15” wheel and you have a “street car” that if you try to copy with modern muscle…. it’s a “race car”. LS motor transplant makes 2000hp with turbos. This is an exercise in nonsense. The idea that any modern muscle car in “street” form is going to compete is a laugh. They already have a category for the budgeted people he’s talking about. It’s called bracket racing. I have a friend with a TT LS swapped Fox that is tagged/insured and he actually does drive it on the street. Runs low 4’s in the 1/8 and 7.0 at 200mph in the 1/4. That’s the reality of a heads-up class like he’s suggesting and tail pipes out the back aren’t going to have anything to do with it.

Reillyrob

Member ID
Reactions
City
Orlando
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2020 Challenger Redeye
I can't. An old neck injury where it was broken has come back. I could become permanently paralyzed if I hit something hard. The spinal cord has narrowed.
Sorry to hear that Boss

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
All you have to do is go to any late night car meet here in Florida to see 1500- 2000 horsepower cars that roll race out on the interstate 50-150 mph for big money.

1000 horsepower cars are the slow ones. Barely see a Hellcat unless they're just there to watch.

OP
Hatermkr

Hatermkr

1000 Posts Club
Firefighter
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
West bend
State
WI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 helldemon
Thread Starter #78
Ok if min weight is 3600 than what.

Unholy707

5000 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orlando
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Dodge Challenger Hellcat
Throw some weights in the fox body, steel front end. How much they weight factory?
Ok if min weight is 3600 than what.

Unholy707

5000 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orlando
State
FL
Country