Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Epling over 1 second Quicker At Atco, Last Weekend

cole3986

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
8 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lawrenceville
State
NJ
Country
United States
Vehicle
Hellcat, Demon, Trackhawk and project X,
As the title says, Epling is over 1 second quicker than anyone and all the race shops at the MSHS event last weekend. Kinda of embarrassing for the other race shops. He had a bye for the win, LOL. The other car had "tuning issues" but 15 minutes later was fine. I am not making this up, I was there and witnessed it. You cannot make this stuff up.

Blkout

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Warner Robins
State
GA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
He's in a league of his own at the moment, not surprised when I saw him break into the 7's.

Hpindy

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Jackson's Point
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2018 challenger hellcat
I hope he has all the safety equipment including a 30 point cage .

Sent from my BBF100-2 using Tapatalk

Linda's Hell Cat

4000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bucks County
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Charger Hellcat
I hope he has all the safety equipment including a 30 point cage .

The Eplings came to Race!

They have always showed up to race. They had their share of Race and Break at prior events and they had the time to do all their racing and breaking at private track rentals.

They have all the safety for the car they have been adding to it for the last couple of years.

I spoke to Jason Epling and it is a matter of fact he got his official racing license at the Track rental on Friday.[clap]
( If you had a cage they checked for the certification of it. There were a couple of people that got re-certified at the track rental)

My husband John/Top Cat would be ecstatic for Family Eplings and I got to speak to Leon too tell him Congrats! He is very proud of his HC and Family![twothumb]

They work hard together and Enjoy All The Fasssst Fun together!

Linda
[burnout][burnout]

Hpindy

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Jackson's Point
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2018 challenger hellcat
The Eplings came to Race!

They have always showed up to race. They had their share of Race and Break at prior events and they had the time to do all their racing and breaking at private track rentals.

They have all the safety for the car they have been adding to it for the last couple of years.

I spoke to Jason Epling and it is a matter of fact he got his official racing license at the Track rental on Friday.[clap]
( If you had a cage they checked for the certification of it. There were a couple of people that got re-certified at the track rental)

My husband John/Top Cat would be ecstatic for Family Eplings and I got to speak to Leon too tell him Congrats! He is very proud of his HC and Family![twothumb]

They work hard together and Enjoy All The Fasssst Fun together!

Linda
[burnout][burnout]
I was a bit sarcastic ( didn't have my morning caffeine fix yet lol)
I know they would have everything they need and then some . They seem to be a good crew and we'll organized from the videos I have watched .

Linda's Hell Cat

4000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bucks County
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Charger Hellcat
I was a bit sarcastic ( didn't have my morning caffeine fix yet lol)
I know they would have everything they need and then some . They seem to be a good crew and we'll organized from the videos I have watched .

License Friday before ;)

I know from talking with Leon they have been continuing to do everything that needs to be done.

@Hpindy I have never taken anything you have posted as being mean or nasty ( I could have missed something)
I don't think that is what you are about!

Linda
[burnout][burnout]

Member ID
Reactions
City
Suwanee
State
GA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
Cole, There was no issue with tune. I was there and it ran out of battery. After the battery was put on charge, some human error happened and I won't go in the detail of it. Let's not make something to please others.

I was inside the car when it all happened because I was making sure that tune is in the car since human error happened. I loaded the tune myself and car made a pass after that.

Thank God, Josh was there to make sure car is up and running after that fiasco

This is Sumit BTW

Last edited:

Jack_Toepfer

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Buffalo
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Dodge Charger Triple Black
Hey Sumit. Good to see you over here bud. @uncrnps

Was it your car? I have no idea what you're running these days, haven't been on the old forum at all.

Member ID
Reactions
City
Suwanee
State
GA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
Hey Sumit. Good to see you over here bud. @uncrnps

Was it your car? I have no idea what you're running these days, haven't been on the old forum at all.
that was Panda HELLCAT HHP tuned car.

i just ran 8s over the weekend. It’s good to see you here brother.

2fast4u

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Edwardsburg
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Challenger Hellcat Widebody-DUMBO
Congrats on the 7...all the work and dedication pays off:cool:

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
Been following the Eplings for a while. They definitely treat that car like they're a full on race team with the testing and what not. Congrats to them!

What trans are they running now? I remember them winning the 6 speed shootout at ChallengerFest a couple years ago. Surely it's not still a manual?

Linda's Hell Cat

4000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bucks County
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Charger Hellcat
Been following the Eplings for a while. They definitely treat that car like they're a full on race team with the testing and what not. Congrats to them!

What trans are they running now? I remember them winning the 6 speed shootout at ChallengerFest a couple years ago. Surely it's not still a manual?
It's been no secret.
Leon had a Liberty 5-speed manual transmission with a Ram triple-disc clutch a few years ago.

Build a race car gotta have a race trans!

Linda

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
So must be a TH400 or something now I guess.

Jack_Toepfer

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Buffalo
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Dodge Charger Triple Black
So must be a TH400 or something now I guess.
Last I heard, they were still banging gears, so it's still the Liberty and not a TH400. I think Linda is probably more current than I am, but I believe they're still running it.

Linda's Hell Cat

4000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bucks County
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Charger Hellcat
No Not a TH400.
The Liberty Tran Leon posted on the other site and showed a picture somewhere. It was a special built Trans and Jason Epling does shift!

Factory-built 2015 Dodge Challenger SRT Hellcat and it still retains the original body, chassis and VIN while being powered by a Hellcat-based engine. We say Hellcat-based because the 6.2-liter Hellcat Hemi block has been worked to 7.0-liters/426 cubic inches. In addition to the extra cubes, this Hemi features a 4.9-liter Kenne Bell supercharger, Thitek cylinder heads sporting big valves a custom port job, Jesel rockers, a custom Comp Cam, a Holley EFI system, 1,700cc injectors, dual Magnaflow fuel pumps, a Snow Performance water injection system, a nitrous oxide system and a Q16 racing fuel engine tune from Tim Barth that allows this Challenger to create around 1,500 horsepower.

In addition to the tune from Tim Barth, Jason Epling handles the fine tuning at the track and between trips to the track, so the best-known Hellcat tuner is constantly working with the quickest Hellcat driver in the world to keep on setting records – and they keep on succeeding.

Aside from the monster Hemi, this Challenger is equipped with a Liberty 5-speed manual transmission, a Ram triple-disc clutch and a Strange 9-inch rear differential, while adjustable Strange suspension components help put all of that power to the rear wheels.

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
Oh ok, so still that Liberty trans. That's crazy.

Linda's Hell Cat

4000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bucks County
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Charger Hellcat
Oh ok, so still that Liberty trans. That's crazy.
If you watch their video's you can tell there is manual shifting going on. Leon particularly wanted that and is included with the special build of the Trans.

Linda :)

HighHorseman

Vendor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Smyrna
State
DE
Country
United States
Vehicle
TopCat
Kinda of embarrassing for the other race shops.“
Not really, our 6 second Challenger left for the big Vegas race next week. What’s embarrassing is this forum still tolerating your click bait posts like this trying to make the supporting venders who refuse to deal with you look bad.

OP
C

cole3986

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
8 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lawrenceville
State
NJ
Country
United States
Vehicle
Hellcat, Demon, Trackhawk and project X,
Thread Starter #19
Not really, our 6 second Challenger left for the big Vegas race next week. What’s embarrassing is this forum still tolerating your click bait posts like this trying to make the supporting venders who refuse to deal with you look bad.
Wow,

Just posting the facts, sorry it upsets you, I was there, you were there, it is what it is, Epling embarrassed the field, IMO.

Maxboost

Member ID
Reactions
City
Fuquay varina
State
NC
Country
United States
Fast cars for sure.

Last edited: