Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Epling over 1 second Quicker At Atco, Last Weekend

motorhead

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Ottawa
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2019 Challenger HC Widebody
No Not a TH400.
The Liberty Tran Leon posted on the other site and showed a picture somewhere. It was a special built Trans and Jason Epling does shift!

Factory-built 2015 Dodge Challenger SRT Hellcat and it still retains the original body, chassis and VIN while being powered by a Hellcat-based engine. We say Hellcat-based because the 6.2-liter Hellcat Hemi block has been worked to 7.0-liters/426 cubic inches. In addition to the extra cubes, this Hemi features a 4.9-liter Kenne Bell supercharger, Thitek cylinder heads sporting big valves a custom port job, Jesel rockers, a custom Comp Cam, a Holley EFI system, 1,700cc injectors, dual Magnaflow fuel pumps, a Snow Performance water injection system, a nitrous oxide system and a Q16 racing fuel engine tune from Tim Barth that allows this Challenger to create around 1,500 horsepower.

In addition to the tune from Tim Barth, Jason Epling handles the fine tuning at the track and between trips to the track, so the best-known Hellcat tuner is constantly working with the quickest Hellcat driver in the world to keep on setting records – and they keep on succeeding.

Aside from the monster Hemi, this Challenger is equipped with a Liberty 5-speed manual transmission, a Ram triple-disc clutch and a Strange 9-inch rear differential, while adjustable Strange suspension components help put all of that power to the rear wheels.
Methanol injection?
Manual transmission?

But these things don't work well in Hellcats - someone should tell the Eplings.

Hemituner

Vendor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bayshore
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon
Wow,

Just posting the facts, sorry it upsets you, I was there, you were there, it is what it is, Epling embarrassed the field, IMO.
Cole:
How is it embarrassing I think its amazing what the Epling's have demonstrated. We can only hope that more people go this direction but the reality is only a small handful of people would modify a 70k car to make it a dedicated racer. Take a look around we can't even get people to put cages in 8 sec hellcats let alone Funny car cages, clutchless Liberties with solid rear axles and Holley engine management. You have a competitive car where was it?
AJ

motorhead

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Ottawa
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2019 Challenger HC Widebody
Cole:
How is it embarrassing I think its amazing what the Epling's have demonstrated. We can only hope that more people go this direction but the reality is only a small handful of people would modify a 70k car to make it a dedicated racer. Take a look around we can't even get people to put cages in 8 sec hellcats let alone Funny car cages, clutchless Liberties with solid rear axles and Holley engine management. You have a competitive car where was it?
AJ
BuT iTz 1 oF wOn AnD wIlLz Be WuRf MiLlOnS!

OP
C

cole3986

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
8 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lawrenceville
State
NJ
Country
United States
Vehicle
Hellcat, Demon, Trackhawk and project X,
Thread Starter #24
Cole:
AJ
AJ,

When the 2nd quickest qualifier at the event is 8.94 and all the rest of the field in in the 9s, it is not even a race, hence IMO, it is embarrassing. Epling qualified at 7.91 and then ran a 7.69 during king of the hill.

I agree with your point regarding installing the safety equipment and how many just ignore the equipment mandated by the NHRA.

I was going to bring my cat, I wanted to see if I could get her down to 8.50 but overslept and missed my window, I have not run it much this year (not much competition) plus the 25.2 challenger is my focus (as you know). Epling has had the hellcat record since at least the spring of 2017, the closest I came to him was when he ran a 8.68 (a new record at the time) and I ran a 8.79 at clay city in the fall of 2017.

PaVaSteeler

Mole
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
State
VA
Country
United States
What trans are they running now? I remember them winning the 6 speed shootout at ChallengerFest a couple years ago. Surely it's not still a manual?
Ah yes, Challengerfest 8...I remember that well. I had a front row seat in the Quarterfinals of the 6-speed shootout to Epling's "pedestrian" 9.36 run...that was SOOOO two seconds ago!