Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

DRAGRCR SRT SUPER STOCK

Member ID
Reactions
City
Burnsville
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger Redeye
I know, it is a general statement. It would be fun to know is the Redeye calibration the same on a SS or is it different. That is probably highly guarded secret in Ft. Knox that we may never know.
BTW, congratulations on your new SS. I'm jealous!!

BULL

Oh NO! Not that guy!
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Weld County
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
MY16 M6 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
I missed that. The 2020 Frostbite does say that. So it's High Speed Engine Controller. I wonder if they are talking about the engine speed or the vehicle speed. The S/S says performance so it is a little less ambiguous.
I know, it is a general statement. It would be fun to know is the Redeye calibration the same on a SS or is it different. That is probably highly guarded secret in Ft. Knox that we may never know.
BTW, congratulations on your new SS. I'm jealous!!

I seriously doubt that the PCM is physically different, so what comes to mind is a tune specification?

OP
D

DRAGRCR

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Death Valley
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Hornet
Thread Starter #143
I seriously doubt that the PCM is physically different, so what comes to mind is a tune specification?
Both the TCM and PCM run different calibrations :

Featuring a revised powertrain calibration that increases the shift point from 6,300 rpm to 6,400 rpm, the Challenger SRT Super Stock delivers a power output of 807 horsepower on pump gas, a 10-horsepower boost over the standard SRT Hellcat Redeye, and 707 lb.-ft. of torque.

Track mode options:
  • TorqueFlite eight-speed transmission runs a calibration optimized for acceleration
  • Electronic stability control is optimized for straight-line acceleration
  • Suspension calibration changes to full firm in rear and firm compression and soft rebound in front
  • Paddle shifters are turned on
  • Steering is set to Drag mode for high-speed stability
  • Cabin cooling diverted to SRT Power Chiller™
  • Torque converter lockup point is raised in Drag mode
@Temporarily Insane

jgilj

1000 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Brooksville
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
21 Challenger Super Stock
DRAGRCR tell them to put my rear seat delete kit in your back seat for me😂

Member ID
Reactions
City
SOUTH LYON
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
1970 Challenger R/T 440 Six Pack
Hopefully your build and paint quality is stepped up !!! Some of the Challengers Ive looked at have a lot of orange peal and under the hood and doors theres lots of runs/sags in the paint.
My car was ordered under CDI , a friend order coded for me. CDI is certain designated individual, Im not a new car guy, old school muscle car guy that builds and restores myself so it was really special to me. Got to check out my car before it went to dealer , that was cool! The paint quality is really nice so is fit and finish. Car was not prepped or cleaned in 1st pic 5 miles. Very pickey on finishes I wetsand ,wheel,paint correct myself so Ive been over every inch of the car theres only one tiny speck of dirt in the cars paint very low, the orange peel is very minimal. Its still a production line car and still has the standard Challenger flaws but paint is exceptionally nice.
Also Ron you mentioned having your hood wrapped, excellent choice! Penski was painting them at one time here in the detroit area, they were just scuffed and shot, it was hit or miss some were good, alot were very sloppy. then they started wrapping, not sure if they've went back with paint.Wrapping is great, comes right off if you want to change up later.
Good luck with the SS, hopefully does all your looking for. 20191108_161130.jpg hoodwrap3.jpg

Last edited:

Indigo Joe

10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
The sticks
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Redeye
Ron,

I didn't read the entire thread so forgive me if it was covered.

You told me a while back that you ran the frostbite car that had the glitch at the top of 1st gear near, or even at the point that the low fuel light was on. And that car launched HARD.

But you also reported that the FP showed that all was well when reviewing the datalog.

My experience with datalogging is that it doesn't pick up on everything when things are happening too quick, plus logging quite a few parameters at the same time doesn't help that situation.

Not that FP was the issue, but in my humble opinion I think that it would be in your best interest to run a little more fuel in the tank of the SS. Just sayin'

Member ID
Reactions
City
Two Rivers
State
WI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Red Eye Challenger
OP
D

DRAGRCR

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Death Valley
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Hornet
Thread Starter #148
I am almost afraid to check on my car. It got hung up in "I" status for over a week. But today I was told it is at the Upfitter, so that would be JB Status. The Frostbite car was at the upfitter for 4 days so I am hoping for KZ soon and hopefully it will hop a train soon after. Although I think the Frostbite car took a little over a week to be picked up and it sat a full week after being offloaded before they brought it over on a truck for final delivery. So much for being labled a "Hot Vehicle"

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
All this talk about your car makes me wonder what FCA did with that bunch of 1320's that they were letting the press flog at various tracks when they came out. I wonder if they sold them to customers as "manufacturer" cars and disclosed the history.....or did they not.......

:unsure::unsure:
I remember beating on a white one. I did sign it on the bottom, SUCKER, you may want to look:LOL:

Last edited:

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
OK, my build sheet is up. Interesting to see the differences from the Regular RedEye. For instance the redeye does not specify tire size or wheel size like the S/S does.

High Performance Engine Controller
Super Stock Suspension
P315/40R18 102W Drag Radial
Tires Nitto Brand Tires
18X11.0 Aluminum Wheels
Are they using the new 555RII?

OP
D

DRAGRCR

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Death Valley
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Hornet
Thread Starter #151
Same as the Demon. NT05R @vortecd Untitled.png

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
Are you doing two shows on Saturday night at the Armada Room of the local Holiday Inn? I want to make sure I get tickets....

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Some day I may make it to the Comedy Club like you but until then I at least can get a room there and some I can even pay by the hour;)

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat

hell on wheels

Member ID
Reactions
City
Saint Paul
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
Dodge SRT Demon
2021 there may be even less produced.

ACMAVRO

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
11 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Ocean Springs
State
MS
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger HC M6
I read twice last week that they’re only making 200 of the 2020 model. Really rare one you’ll have

Just saw someone already said that, still cool though

Last edited:

Hellcat Cuda

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
S.F. East Bay
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger HC Red Eye 1969 Hellcat Cuda

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat

Jack_Toepfer

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Buffalo
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Dodge Charger Triple Black
3 years newer technology:)
Isn't their claim that is has the Demon technology in it? lol... they aren't putting anything new in this thing.

OP
D

DRAGRCR

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Death Valley
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Hornet
Thread Starter #160
Isn't their claim that is has the Demon technology in it? lol... they aren't putting anything new in this thing.
I think if they really do nail the calibration down and get this car to actually shift @ 6400 out of first gear it would be amazing. So much is happening so fast at that point in first gear I doubt this is realistic. Especially based on the rev limit anticipating and my experience with my Frostbite car. I sincerely hope they allow or compensate for some reasonable weight reduction. Plus the shift firmness shift timing and converter lockup are all different in the S/S. Looking at my data logs I really could tell when the car shifted right at the 6300 shift point in the higher gears VS if it happened to shift at 6225 or something. So if it can be in Drive and shift @6400 that will be noticable.

The only other differences will be the better more consistent hook because of the Shock programming, and this car will be able to be 15-20 pounds lighter overall because of the smaller brakes. Not sure what the actual weight savings will be. But every other light weight part I will be using will be carried over from the Frostbite car.

No other car has shifted at 6400. I am pretty sure the Demon and RedEye both were programmed to shift at 6300. Maybe I am wrong.