Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

DRAGRCR SRT SUPER STOCK

TNREDEYE

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Shelbyville
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Super Stock
In reading your various recent posts I'm now wondering if there's actually been any testing of an SSRE? ..or if yours and the other one are the first two actual SSRE's built?

OP
D

DRAGRCR

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Death Valley
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Hornet
Thread Starter #122
In reading your various recent posts I'm now wondering if there's actually been any testing of an SSRE? ..or if yours and the other one are the first two actual SSRE's built?
I think mine and the other one are in fact the first 2 regular production S/S's built. But they did have the vehicle in all the press release info. The Orange one with the SRT Performance Spoiler. That has to be a pilot Vehicle. But if you think about it the only previouly unreleased or un produced part in the car is the Calibrations (I think). So it's possible even that car could have been produced on the regular assembly line with a custom build sheet. Not sure exactly what needs to be tested. Brake system 100% factory system tested. I think maybe you are talking about the Calibrations. I am sure they have been tested. Plus they have all the Demon Tech and I am sure it will mirror the Demon Calibration with a few tweaks for the higher RPM shiftoints as far as shift timing and Rev Limit head room.

To be more specific. I think my car was actually just flagged as a Marketing Vehicle as far as build quality. Easiest way to get it special attention. It will just be shipped to a Dealer for Delivery. Maybe they will surprise me and have Reliable deliver it like the Demons & Vipers.
Untitled.png

OP
D

DRAGRCR

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Death Valley
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Hornet
Thread Starter #123
I checked today and I was told the "Car is built, pending Inspection". So I guess that is "I" Status.

Now some of this we are just guessing. So, nobody freak out, please. And I found out there is a Build Status Code for this : "KZOF: Show/test vehicle". But I and Hellcat Dan already thought my car is just paired up with or tagging along with that car being built for marketing purposes and that sounds logical. Interestingly enough Dan had bought a 2016 B5 Blue Hellcat with a Satin Black Hood. He had FCA Buy that car back because the underside was completely rusty, all the parts. I though he was just being picky. But he showed me Pictures and it was beyond belief. One other thing about that car was he said it had the best paint job of any Challenger he had ever seen. Well he was at the dealer where he bought it a few months later after FCA took the car back and one of the people he was talking to divulged that it was a Vehicle that was used to shoot a commercial for TV and it was driven on the beach and they drove it in the surf. Then the light came on. Not only was that car rusty but Dan said it had SAND coming out of every crevice underneath when he was under there checking things out and taking the pics for his claim. So now we are thinking that car was built for marketing purposes and just like I was told in an email, it was sold to a customer after they were done with it.

I was thanked for deciding to buy this car and campaign it. So I guess they want it to look good. That’s understandable. And I am just very curious if you will be able to tell or not if it got extra clear and was corrected and polished etc. But I just want to burn rubber.

All of this is not making the wait any easier…………

Member ID
Reactions
City
Two Rivers
State
WI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Red Eye Challenger
I sure hope at some time, I will be at a track you are at, so I can see the car and how it preforms and talk to you so I can put a face to the car. I know so many people by the car they drive if they are not together I don't know them:)

EricG

1000 Posts Club
Premium Account
10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Albuquerque
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'19 Hellcat Redeye
I checked today and I was told the "Car is built, pending Inspection". So I guess that is "I" Status.

Now some of this we are just guessing. So, nobody freak out, please. And I found out there is a Build Status Code for this : "KZOF: Show/test vehicle". But I and Hellcat Dan already thought my car is just paired up with or tagging along with that car being built for marketing purposes and that sounds logical. Interestingly enough Dan had bought a 2016 B5 Blue Hellcat with a Satin Black Hood. He had FCA Buy that car back because the underside was completely rusty, all the parts. I though he was just being picky. But he showed me Pictures and it was beyond belief. One other thing about that car was he said it had the best paint job of any Challenger he had ever seen. Well he was at the dealer where he bought it a few months later after FCA took the car back and one of the people he was talking to divulged that it was a Vehicle that was used to shoot a commercial for TV and it was driven on the beach and they drove it in the surf. Then the light came on. Not only was that car rusty but Dan said it had SAND coming out of every crevice underneath when he was under there checking things out and taking the pics for his claim. So now we are thinking that car was built for marketing purposes and just like I was told in an email, it was sold to a customer after they were done with it.

I was thanked for deciding to buy this car and campaign it. So I guess they want it to look good. That’s understandable. And I am just very curious if you will be able to tell or not if it got extra clear and was corrected and polished etc. But I just want to burn rubber.

All of this is not making the wait any easier…………
Wow - interesting story. Tell them to please keep your new car out of the ocean!!!

Jack_Toepfer

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Buffalo
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Dodge Charger Triple Black
Smart of FCA to get you an early bird special... they know you'll immediately hit the track and probably best their own numbers in short order. This will certainly help sales.
The Demon didn't suffer because people couldn't run the 9.65 because it sold on the premise that it could. I don't think the S/S will have that luxury - or a crate :(
I should really consider making crates for these damn things, but shipping would kill the deal I think.

OP
D

DRAGRCR

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Death Valley
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Hornet
Thread Starter #127
I sure hope at some time, I will be at a track you are at, so I can see the car and how it preforms and talk to you so I can put a face to the car. I know so many people by the car they drive if they are not together I don't know them:)
I have gone to GLD in Wisconsin a couple times. If I am ever in that area I try to go by there on a "Sticky Thursday".
0802181737_Burst06.jpg 0802181920_HDR.jpg

OP
D

DRAGRCR

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Death Valley
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Hornet
Thread Starter #128
Can they provide you with some sort of itinerary of where/when the car will be located, or is whatever they're going to do a 1 time affair?
Since you actually bought this car, and it's not one they built on spec for their own purposes, can you refuse to let them use your car?
They will not be using my car for anything. I just think they may have flagged it as a "show/Test" vehicle as a way to make sure I get a good build. My car is a SOLD Customer Car. They would never fool around with it.

I am kind of hoping a car such as this will get special delivery. Now that would be amazing. Jim knows I want to make the Legions of Demons event in January and he knows I have to get it ready and get it broken in. So I need some time...........

OP
D

DRAGRCR

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Death Valley
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Hornet
Thread Starter #129
Smart of FCA to get you an early bird special... they know you'll immediately hit the track and probably best their own numbers in short order. This will certainly help sales.
The Demon didn't suffer because people couldn't run the 9.65 because it sold on the premise that it could. I don't think the S/S will have that luxury - or a crate :(
I should really consider making crates for these damn things, but shipping would kill the deal I think.
Beating a 10.50 will be CAKE. With this car they provided an expected time, not a record time. The 10.50 expected time is a time that MOST could achieve with stock tires @ full weight, average DA on good prep and abilities. I really hate to do this, but I would be surprised if my car does not go in the 9's in January. Without getting too crazy I should be able to get my weight down close to what a one seat Demon would be and I have the same power as the Demon on 808. I think the Demon record on 808 is 9.74 @BeeHappy at -1400 DA.

I am toying with the idea of running the car 100% stock. But it depends on when it shows up and whether I have time to delay my Prep for January and whether I want to use a track visit for this purpose. Plus I HATE trashing my OEM wheels/tires. I like to keep them MINT. It's stupid, I know..........

Boris

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Northern
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Rammer
I have gone to GLD in Wisconsin a couple times. If I am ever in that area I try to go by there on a "Sticky Thursday".
View attachment 25309 View attachment 25310
I was at resort not far away. But was my anniversary get away so the wife didn't really want to spend it at a drag strip LOL

OP
D

DRAGRCR

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Death Valley
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Hornet
Thread Starter #131
One thing I forgot to mention about Dan's B5 Car is that it had some miles on it when he bought it. More than delivery miles. Something like 34 miles on the odo. He had picked the car up at night and he did not look underneath. So he had no idea what horror was waiting for him down there......

Boris

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Northern
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Rammer
Beating a 10.50 will be CAKE. With this car they provided an expected time, not a record time. The 10.50 expected time is a time that MOST could achieve with stock tires @ full weight, average DA on good prep and abilities. I really hate to do this, but I would be surprised if my car does not go in the 9's in January. Without getting too crazy I should be able to get my weight down close to what a one seat Demon would be and I have the same power as the Demon on 808. I think the Demon record on 808 is 9.74 @BeeHappy at -1400 DA.

I am toying with the idea of running the car 100% stock. But it depends on when it shows up and whether I have time to delay my Prep for January and whether I want to use a track visit for this purpose. Plus I HATE trashing my OEM wheels/tires. I like to keep them MINT. It's stupid, I know..........
Talk like this has me wanting to pass on my TRX and order a S/S. Dammit

BULL

Oh NO! Not that guy!
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Weld County
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
MY16 M6 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
All this talk about your car makes me wonder what FCA did with that bunch of 1320's that they were letting the press flog at various tracks when they came out. I wonder if they sold them to customers as "manufacturer" cars and disclosed the history.....or did they not.......

:unsure::unsure:

If I recall, those cars get a special VIN, and there are also test vehicles that are required by law to be destroyed at the end of their test period. Somewhere on YouTube is one of the original Hellcats being crushed by a Monster Truck.

BULL

Oh NO! Not that guy!
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Weld County
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
MY16 M6 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images

jgilj

1000 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Brooksville
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
21 Challenger Super Stock

Attachments

OP
D

DRAGRCR

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Death Valley
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Hornet
Thread Starter #136
All this talk about your car makes me wonder what FCA did with that bunch of 1320's that they were letting the press flog at various tracks when they came out. I wonder if they sold them to customers as "manufacturer" cars and disclosed the history.....or did they not.......

:unsure::unsure:
FCA has a normal avenue that they dispose of cars. I bet they crush some but those cars probably went to the same place as Dan's car did after FCA bought it back. Maybe even Employees are able to buy them etc. Not necessarily anything bad.

Dan's car was misrepresented by the DEALER. So, typical Dealer shenanigans. I believe the dealer was the ones shooting the commercial for local Cable or TV commercial. That is not something that FCA was involved with.

OP
D

DRAGRCR

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Death Valley
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Hornet
Thread Starter #137
OP
D

DRAGRCR

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Death Valley
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Hornet
Thread Starter #138
OK, my build sheet is up. Interesting to see the differences from the Regular RedEye. For instance the redeye does not specify tire size or wheel size like the S/S does.

High Performance Engine Controller
Super Stock Suspension
P315/40R18 102W Drag Radial
Tires Nitto Brand Tires
18X11.0 Aluminum Wheels

Member ID
Reactions
City
Burnsville
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger Redeye
When I ran my build sheet with my VIN on this site it also stated "High Speed Engine Controller " in the build.
I know that statement is vague. It really doesn't mean much without actually specs to back it up.

OP
D

DRAGRCR

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Death Valley
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Hornet
Thread Starter #140
When I ran my build sheet with my VIN on this site it also stated "High Speed Engine Controller " in the build.
I know that statement is vague. It really doesn't mean much without actually specs to back it up.
I missed that. The 2020 Frostbite does say that. So it's High Speed Engine Controller. I wonder if they are talking about the engine speed or the vehicle speed. The S/S says performance so it is a little less ambiguous.