Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

DRAGRCR RED EYES

Status
Not open for further replies.

EricG

1000 Posts Club
Premium Account
10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Albuquerque
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'19 Hellcat Redeye
I will check today. FUN FACT: The Indigo Blue car that WAS my backup purchase and my ordered car ARE on the same train. Last Wed the Indigo blue saleman contacted me and pushed me to close the deal. He gave me a price that was not as good as my ordered car and told me the car was now traveling through Wyoming. So I blew him off. But not before checking on my Ordered car. I called SRT and they called the dealer and called me back with the info. Ordered car was passing through Wyoming!
The frostbite was meant to be! And I think that will be more fun as they are both great colors, but you will be a very rare sight n Frostbite. For that reason I would also consider not blacking out the hood, so many blacked out hoods out there right now. The hood shows more of its shape in it's color IMO.

Attachments

OP
D

DRAGRCR

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Death Valley
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Hornet
Thread Starter #62
X

Last edited:
Member ID
Reactions
City
Apopka
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2020 Charger Scat Pack
Very exciting!

TNREDEYE

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Shelbyville
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Super Stock
Car is offloaded at the local Train Yard in Mira Loma California. I think she said it was actually picked up from there. So, if that is true then the car could be delivered to the Dealer at any time now. Gulp!
Exciting stuff! (y)

MaxCarnage

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Spokane Valley
State
WA
Country
United States
Vehicle
19' Redeye
HFCOTM
View Images
@DRAGRCR

Congrats, sounds like you will have your Redeye very soon! Looking forward to hearing how you like those Hoosiers over the Mickey's. So with the backspacing on the front BS wheels you are able to put balancing weights on without it hitting the caliper? I plan on pretty much getting the exact setup you have for track only duty. I've been looking for something to replace my heavy racestars with and get some front runners at the same time. Not in a hurry now though, since all the tracks are closed!

Looking forward to hearing updates from you and seeing slips from your first run down the track.

OP
D

DRAGRCR

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Death Valley
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Hornet
Thread Starter #66
X

Last edited:

HRJ

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
Porsche GT3
Car is offloaded at the local Train Yard in Mira Loma California. I think she said it was actually picked up from there. So, if that is true then the car could be delivered to the Dealer at any time now. Gulp!
Hell yeah

coolblue

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Long Island
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Redeye
I will check today. FUN FACT: The Indigo Blue car that WAS my backup purchase and my ordered car ARE on the same train. Last Wed the Indigo blue saleman contacted me and pushed me to close the deal. He gave me a price that was not as good as my ordered car and told me the car was now traveling through Wyoming. So I blew him off. But not before checking on my Ordered car. I called SRT and they called the dealer and called me back with the info. Ordered car was passing through Wyoming!
Dude. You go some juice. "SRT called me back".

Doublewide

Member ID
Reactions
City
Little Rock
State
AR
Country
United States
Man, I don't see how you spend all that money on wheels, tires and seats and then say the cost to benifit ratio of light weight rotors isn't worth it. Demon performance rotors are very reasonable and will save in the ballpark of 24lbs in rotational mass. That's pretty damn big imo

MaxCarnage

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Spokane Valley
State
WA
Country
United States
Vehicle
19' Redeye
HFCOTM
View Images
I had the hoosiers on my Demon when I ran the 9.55 in houston. They are almost exactly the same size as the MT ET STREET R 305/45R17. I think I had 65 passes on the hoosiers when I sold the car. If you want to know what tire I like better, you can see what I bought when I was starting again from scratch. In that size range of tire I think the Hoosier will hook better, it will last longer and it is cheaper. I also think it will ET better. The hoosier seems to store more energy and be less abrupt when the tire recovers. Only 2 negatives are it's NOT DOT approved and I got the death wobble in high gear a few times. Maybe 3 or 4 times in 65. I am not 100% sure how to cure it. I do not think going up in pressure is the for sure answer. It could be a product of track prep. Some say it is the soft sidewall that causes it, but I ALSO think it could be the tire spinning a certain percentage and the bias in the diff causing it (transfering the torque back and forth side to side).

For driving back and forth to Irwindale and racing there and 99.9% of all my street driving I will be running the ET STREET R 315/50R17 on the Forgestars.

The Hoosiers will be the setup that will be on the car when it goes in the Trailer to go to Wisconsin, Ohio or Texas etc.

My Friend that has the 18X5 Win Lites and that same tire and he had to strip the weights off his rims when fitted to his Hellcat. He said unbalanced they are not an issue so far. I assume because they are so light and the car is heavy. My setup IS balanced but I specifically told my Tire Tech to use the simple or bubble balance setting on the machine (does not adjust for wobble and will give you ONE piece of weight placement) so I can re-position the weight as needed to clear the caliper. Then he handed me a handful of weight. I do think there is one place that will work if you are careful and after that I may try to BEND the weights into a curvature and sneak them up behind the spokes if that is possible.
Awesome, all great info! One thing I forgot to ask though. I noticed you got the non-beadlock version. I've been thinking of stepping up to a beadlock version of my next wheel to stop tire movement on the wheel. However, some have posted (FB) that the little bit of slip that the tire does isn't necessarily a bad thing, and in fact can cushion the blow the diff/axles/drivetrain takes. Beadlocks are also heavier and more expensive too. I've seen people post 1.2x 60fts on non-beadlocks too. What are your thoughts on this?

OP
D

DRAGRCR

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Death Valley
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Hornet
Thread Starter #71
X

Last edited:
OP
D

DRAGRCR

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Death Valley
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Hornet
Thread Starter #72
X

Last edited:

viperakron

Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
akron
State
OH
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon
Ron what do think of balancing beads or liquid? Usually works on bigger tires, don't know if our tires have enough sidewall.

HRJ

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
Porsche GT3
Maybe @CDT Rotors will sponsor me or make me a beta tester. I am not 100% sure I want to mess with the Brake System, but you never know. If someone was serious I would consider it.
Well, if those guys want some legit data to develop with then you'd be the guy IMO.

OP
D

DRAGRCR

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Death Valley
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Hornet
Thread Starter #75
X

Last edited:
OP
D

DRAGRCR

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Death Valley
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Hornet
Thread Starter #76
X

Last edited:

SilverBillet

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
The Villages
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Jeep GC 5.7 TrailHawk
We have a site in development, for now, we have an exclusive agreement to promote, and in the future, distribute from hellcatforum.org
Why not sponsor Ron with some rotors so he can test them for you?

CDT Rotors

Vendor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Frederick
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
Challenger Hellcat
As everyone is quite aware of, brakes are a serious component on a car.

The reason we haven't gone live yet is as much to do with the logistics of business as it is the validation by 3rd party testing, both for safety and also for durability. Because we are making such a fundamental leap away from the status quo (cast-iron), we have to be certain that the product can tolerate the environment that they get subjected to. Even above and beyond the SAE/DOT standards that "normal" brake system components are required to pass. Our market is performance, both strip and track, so we are putting in our due diligence as such.

So, with that said, we won't consider actually having anyone be a true "beta-tester", or any kind of test mule for that matter. When our rotors get released for consumption you can rest assured that they have been thoroughly tested, above and beyond what you can buy at the Consumer level.*

*personal note: When this business plan was first conceived back in 2018, MY very first thought was about how a comparatively small corporation could safeguard it's customers. The idea of "touching" something like a brake component in today's society nearly killed the project before it launched. So it's with that philosophy that we move forward in the way we do. We hope you'll have that in mind as we might tend to get excited about a milestone and as a result bring some tiny bit of news to the forum, but then languish in yet more testing and CAPEX.

*Another note: A positive side affect of the time line drawing out is that the technology to manufacture these rotors continues to move from bleeding edge towards commodity level fabrication, which at least helps with market pricing. This method will never be on the same level as a cast rotor, but that's the price of performance.

So, having split that hair between "testers" and "sponsorships" more finely than it needed to be, the "good" news...

We absolutely plan to have a small handful of initial sponsorships, and in fact have already contacted and confirmed 3 forum members in the two disciplines that we want to penetrate. And there will be more, not only initially, but also in the future as we move forward.

Look for some papers that we will publish here on the forums in our Vendor section. We're going to be addressing some of the unique aspects of our rotors. As we like to say around the office, "Get ready to relearn what you know about rotors."

CDT

Member ID
Reactions
City
Goodyear
State
AZ
Country
United States
Vehicle
HellCat Challenger
Checked in! Amazing Ron! It's going to be exciting to see your accomplishments.

I was trying to put together a deal on a new '20 Frostbite RE, but it fell apart. Figured I'd just by a '21, but then wait time, COVID19 and too many unknowns, so I said screw it and went with a YJY Widebody instead. I'm on the fence about drivetrain mods because the way my luck runs I'd have something catastrophic happen and then I'm stuck with an expensive paperweight and voided warranty. Congrats man!

Last edited:

EricG

1000 Posts Club
Premium Account
10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Albuquerque
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'19 Hellcat Redeye
Totally wanting to see this car...any news Ron? I feel like this is going to be your weekend!

Status
Not open for further replies.