Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

DRAGRCR RED EYES

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
D

DRAGRCR

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Death Valley
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Hornet
Thread Starter #21
Reserved

OP
D

DRAGRCR

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Death Valley
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Hornet
Thread Starter #22
Reserved

OP
D

DRAGRCR

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Death Valley
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Hornet
Thread Starter #23
Reserved

OP
D

DRAGRCR

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Death Valley
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Hornet
Thread Starter #24
Reserved

OP
D

DRAGRCR

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Death Valley
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Hornet
Thread Starter #25
Reserved

coolblue

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Long Island
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Redeye
I have had a frostbite RedEye on order for a few weeks now and its scheduled delivery window is now April 10 - 24. Probably won't be the 10th because as of yesterday it was in Wyoming on a Rail Car heading to California.

I sold my Demon because I was disgusted and fed up with the Stock Demon group. So I needed to divorce myself from that whole deal. Make a big change and never look back. I was seriously considering buying a 2020 ONE SEAT Scat Pack 1320. It just so happened on the day I went to order there was a glitch in the system so I ordered a RedEye instead. Good thing too, because the RedEye was built and shipped and I am pretty sure no 1320s were scheduled to be built yet. So I would have been waiting MONTHS due to Coronavirus.

My plan for this car is to go as fast as I can with reasonable and tactful weight reduction. Also weight reduction that is affordable. So that will leave out things like lightweight brake rotors (unless I get a sponsor). I want them real bad but the reduction to cost ratio is not that good. I am hoping for high 9's in substantially negative DA. I honestly do not think this car will be as light as my Demon was but many of the RedEyes have put up very good times for what they were at the time. So we will see if my car can further that trend.

I ordered a Base RedEye.
Frostbite.
3.09 gears.
SRT Performance Spoiler.
Rear Seat Delete Group.

Mods planned:

Street Wheels/Tires : Forgestar F14 Drag Pack Gunmetal18X5 and 17X10 with MT Sportsman SR 28X6.00R18LT and MT ET STREET R 315/50R17

Race Wheels/Tires : BS Win Lite Drag Pack 18X5 and 17X10 with Hoosier Drag Front 28X4.5-18 and Hoosier Drag Bracket Radial 28/10.5R17

Remove Pass seat & Drivers seat and replace Driver with Corbeau FX1 Pro seat and install Air Bag warnig Light Bypass Harnesses both sides.

Drain Windshield Washer Reservoir and install low level warning light bypass plug.

Install Demon Race/Crate Air filter (I know someone that can get these restricted parts LOL).

SW Mid Pipes.

Remove Sway Bar.

Light Weight Braille Battery i49CE ( I already had this from the Demon).

Pass Mirror Delete.

. View attachment 15654
We're almost twins. LOL. Except for 3:09 rear, also contemplating a lot of same mods. Btw, I took my RE to the scales and it weighed 4280 all stock with 1/2 tank + of gas. I think you'll be surprised how 'light' it is (If you consider anything 4200+ light)

Last edited:
OP
D

DRAGRCR

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Death Valley
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Hornet
Thread Starter #27
X

Last edited:

coolblue

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Long Island
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Redeye
So you had rear seat delete group and the Pass set was in at the time? If that is the case I will not be all that much heavier than the Demon was. Maybe 40 pounds heavier. I can't wait to get everything done and weigh it with the race wheel/tire setup.
No, no,no. I meant the color, wheels etc. are so similar they almost look identical. I have a rear seat delete kit in hand I'm going to install soon. I have pass seat and back seat in car now, and with those and a FULL 1/2 tank (1/2 tank plus) it still weighed 4280, so unless I have a freak with very little seam filler or something unusual, you should be in very good shape.

Last edited:

EricG

1000 Posts Club
Premium Account
10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Albuquerque
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'19 Hellcat Redeye
My was was 4450 and I have regular radio, no roof, full interior, plus group, upgraded leather, driver convenience, Uconnect, technology group...think I had a half tank, maybe more...

BULL

Oh NO! Not that guy!
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Weld County
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
MY16 M6 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
No, no,no. I meant the color, wheels etc. are so similar they almost look identical. I have a rear seat delete kit in hand I'm going to install soon. I have pass seat and back seat in car now, and with those and a FULL 1/2 tank (1/2 tank plus) it still weighed 4280, so unless I have a freak with very little seam filler or something unusual, you should be in very good shape.
My was was 4450 and I have regular radio, no roof, full interior, plus group, upgraded leather, driver convenience, Uconnect, technology group...think I had a half tank, maybe more...

Makes some level of sense, those options don't come free, either in money, or weight...

coolblue

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Long Island
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Redeye
I have stripper model with no roof and cloth interior. Still, I wouldn't think the leather and electronic extras would be another 170lbs. but maybe so.

HRJ

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
Porsche GT3
Reserved

Just kidding...lol
Looking forward to another great adventure!

OP
D

DRAGRCR

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Death Valley
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Hornet
Thread Starter #33
X

Last edited:

HRJ

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
Porsche GT3
:D
I'm an eternal goof and I know it.

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
Now we're talking. Can't wait to see how it goes. How much does your race tire/wheel setup weigh? I've been looking for a reason to replace my cheap Race Star Dark Star 18x5 fronts with M&H 28x4.5 front runners but they only weigh like 38lbs each and so far I've not found anything better.

1586621470373.png

OP
D

DRAGRCR

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Death Valley
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Hornet
Thread Starter #36
X

Last edited:

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
Thanks, I'll look in to those. I don't street drive on the drag pack setup either, but I kinda like the M&H tire for the weight of the Hellcat. I'll go back and check my notes on differences in wheel weights but looks like 5lbs from memory which is a lot actually.

OP
D

DRAGRCR

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Death Valley
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Hornet
Thread Starter #38
X

Last edited:

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
Luckily my Weld 17x10 RTS or whatever they're called fit on the rear. They're light and a nice wheel (but pricey). It's all that was available back on 2010 for the Challenger. With a 28x10 Hoosier slick mounted the weight was 42lbs total. I think it was 7 or so pounds heavier with the MT ET Street R DR on there.

Edit, went back and got the video where I weighed everything. Weights start about 6 minutes in.

Hoosier 28x10 Slick 18lbs
MT ET Street R 305/45R20 30lbs by itself
Weld 17x10 RTS 20.5lbs

Last edited:

Primetime Hellcat 17

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Phoenix
State
AZ
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 challenger Hellcat
Congrats on the new Redeye. When this sad boring time is over we should get some track time in together. I’m about 1 hour away from AAA speed way in Fontana. Their events are shut down right now but private track rentals are still available.
Maybe we can get some other cats together to reserve track rental. Lol I gotta get some seat time in my cat.

Status
Not open for further replies.