Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

DRAGRCR ONESEAT DEMON WHAT ARE THE ODDS?

OP
D

DRAGRCR

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Death Valley
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Hornet
Thread Starter #681
I see no reason you couldn't hook on that. I have run low 9s on the 315 and Jon has been in the 8s. The DBR i would think hooks better then the street r
I think it will with max prep. If we have the LOD event in Dallas and TJ Baily preps I will be golden. That guy knows his shit. But technically this is a 11.5 tire against the 10.5 DBR. Fortunately that size DBR runs wide at 10.9 on the tread.

Last edited:

Diboblo

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Riverside
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Dodge Charger Hellcat!
@Diboblo has the instructions on how to disable tpms if you run drag wheels, that’s what I’d do. I don’t have tpms sensors in my drag setup, just billet specialties valve stems
AlfaOBD

BCM

Car Configuration Change

Disable all of these options:

Conversely, you can raise the TPMS threshold.

BCM

Car Configuration Change

Modify min max ranges:

Sent from my SM-G666 using Tapatalk

OP
D

DRAGRCR

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Death Valley
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Hornet
Thread Starter #683
Just to make this perfectly clear. I happen to WANT TPMS. I do not need to know how to disable the TPMS system or warnings.

Diboblo

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Riverside
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Dodge Charger Hellcat!
You’re typically always running 50 psi+ to meet the load rating on the front tire, and you can’t adjust the factory tpms system up that high so it’ll give you a warning, so imo tpms on the front are pointless anyway. @16GoManGoHC2 is a machinist/engineer, maybe he can weigh in on the saftey of the tap you did. It’ll probably be fine
Using Alfa, you can set your threshold between 0 and 126 psi. This will avoid any warning lights.

Unholy707

5000 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orlando
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Dodge Challenger Hellcat
Using Alfa, you can set your threshold between 0 and 126 psi. This will avoid any warning lights.

I thought it only worked +\- a certain number, good to know

Unholy707

5000 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orlando
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
So many mad faces lol

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
Why would you want TPMS on race wheels? I'm checking my pressures before every pass with a gauge.

OP
D

DRAGRCR

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Death Valley
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Hornet
Thread Starter #688
Why would you want TPMS on race wheels? I'm checking my pressures before every pass with a gauge.
I do too. By looking at the dash!

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
My gauge goes to the nearest 1/2 psi of pressure and usually doesn't match the dash close enough for me to trust it for racing purposes.

BULL

Oh NO! Not that guy!
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Weld County
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
MY16 M6 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
My gauge goes to the nearest 1/2 psi of pressure and usually doesn't match the dash close enough for me to trust it for racing purposes.

I can go around and carefully set my cold tire pressure to within 1/10ths of psi, but the TPMS will usually show a 1 or 2 psi difference in pressure.

That being said, I do like the TPMS as a fail safe, just make damn sure they are installed correctly (my same Colorado Mile story I've shared numerous times)

Boris

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Northern
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Rammer
I do too. By looking at the dash!
Is it accurate?

I know when I bracket raced, I had 4 gauges from the same brand etc. 2 read the same and 2 were a few psi off.

OP
D

DRAGRCR

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Death Valley
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Hornet
Thread Starter #692
I'm not setting my race pressure with TPMS. Come on. Be realistic. In MANY cases they are surprisingly accurate. Even if they are 1 PSI High (or low). They are always 1 PSI High. We should all be able to figure out this math equasion.....

OP
D

DRAGRCR

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Death Valley
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Hornet
Thread Starter #693
OK, guys I in fact discovered I was getting a flat REAR tire at Pomona using TPMS. I was driving around looking for Hellcat Dan and I noticed 15 and 17, and then 14 and 17, and then 13 and 17. You get the idea. Looked and had a big Screw in the tire. Dan's friend, Chris plugged it for me while I talked to some friends I had not seen in a while. My old neighbors from years ago....

If you guys don't want to use this TECH that could possibly save your life, then don't. But I am.

Last edited:

BULL

Oh NO! Not that guy!
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Weld County
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
MY16 M6 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
I think it's an issue of weighing the pro and cons of it. It certainly has it's place, however I'm the epitome of the double-edge sword that they are.

They saved me from running at ~175mph on flat tires, HOWEVER, they CAUSED the failure they saved me from, on THREE of FOUR tires....

Absolutely, use them as you see fit, but please at least consider the risk of using them.

OP
D

DRAGRCR

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Death Valley
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Hornet
Thread Starter #695
I think it's an issue of weighing the pro and cons of it. It certainly has it's place, however I'm the epitome of the double-edge sword that they are.

They saved me from running at ~175mph on flat tires, HOWEVER, they CAUSED the failure they saved me from, on THREE of FOUR tires....

Absolutely, use them as you see fit, but please at least consider the risk of using them.

A properly installed HELLCAT sensor should not cause any issues. My rears are OEM Hellcat/Redeye installed per the instructions. The fronts are Hellcat / Redeye being installed with a much higher grade fastener of the same size they they come with. I kind of doubt that little hole that is 1/25 the size of the valve stem hole is going to cause wheel failure.

I posted just to get any ideas of anything blatently unsafe that I did not consider or see.

Unholy707

5000 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orlando
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Flatter the better, more traction and tire wrinkle

OP
D

DRAGRCR

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Death Valley
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Hornet
Thread Starter #697

I don't remember what your issue was. But I am guessing they nuts came loose or they were not Hellcat sensors. I have found the nuts loose on sensors that I believed were properly installed several times. I actually use a torque wrench and they have still come loose.

These 22 up sensors have a much more robust rubber gasket that preloads a lot more and I am hoping they will stay tight. But I will be checking them after they are in use for a while just the same, like I always do now.

With my front setup there is no nut to check anymore. But if there is ANYTHING unusual I will have the tires shop investigate. I think what I am doing is likely better than banding them in. I have no interest in doing that.

Also in these Win Lite fronts with that small hole Valve Stem. You need to check them when removing them from the box. I have found them too loose straight from the factory. So loose that if you put the valve stem cap on thghtly they would just spin and eventually they will leak. Last 2 sets were tight. One before that and before that were loose. My friends were loose and he lost some pressure at our last event. Kind of scary to discover it by how the car is driving coming off the drag strip.

Unholy707

5000 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orlando
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
I don't remember what your issue was. But I am guessing they nuts came loose or they were not Hellcat sensors. I have found the nuts loose on sensors that I believed were properly installed several times. I actually use a torque wrench and they have still come loose.

These 22 up sensors have a much more robust rubber gasket that preloads a lot more and I am hoping they will stay tight. But I will be checking them after they are in use for a while just the same, like I always do now.

With my front setup there is no nut to check anymore. But if there is ANYTHING unusual I will have the tires shop investigate. I think what I am doing is likely better than banding them in. I have no interest in doing that.

Also in these Win Lite fronts with that small hole Valve Stem. You need to check them when removing them from the box. I have found them too loose straight from the factory. So loose that if you put the valve stem cap on thghtly they would just spin and eventually they will leak. Last 2 sets were tight. One before that and before that were loose. My friends were loose and he lost some pressure at our last event. Kind of scary to discover it by how the car is driving coming off the drag strip.
I just had 2 valves go loose on me. ALWAYS CHECK YOUR VSLVE STEMS AND PRESSURE.

Unholy707

5000 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orlando
State
FL
Country
United States