Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Direct Connection

Member ID
Reactions
City
Saint Paul
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
Dodge SRT Demon
Direct Connection
Performance Engine Controller E5A10AB6-1CBA-4C93-A712-5A698D49FE5E.jpeg

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Dodge Challenger Redeye WB
It's moreso that no dealer is willing to pony up to join I think...
Thanks, Eric. I was excited. Dodge has really got into my negative opinion brain side now. I think I am going to keep the engine intact this season, and see how it works. It better be stellar. That vehicle’s future in my garage is not as certain as it was a few months ago. If it stays, I may want to work with the aftermarket and not Dodge because of this inconvenience, timing, and it’s costs and benefits. If it goes, it will be better to say it is stock for the drivetrain anyway.

Jack_Toepfer

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Buffalo
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Dodge Charger Triple Black
These Power Brokers are weird… such a random sampling.

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
These Power Brokers are weird… such a random sampling.
Many that were originally on the list is now missing.

Member ID
Reactions
City
tampa
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 challenger hellcat widebody
Not true. If you read the warranty page in the catalog it tells you that the stage kit parts are all covered by a 24 month warranty regardless of how you install them. The differences being:
  • if installed by a dealer the warranty also covers 100% of the labor to repair/replace the parts
  • if installed by a 3rd party auto shop the warranty covers up to $150 of labor to repair/replace the parts
  • if installed by anyone else (eg yourself, buddy, whatever) coverage does not include anything for labor, just the parts.
If you have an existing original factory 3yr/36k warranty, or 5yr/60k warranty those also cover the stage kit parts--so you get coverage for as long as whichever lasts longest.

Any vehicle service agreement/vehicle protection plan/extended warranty (in most states defined as purchased separately or at additional cost from the vehicle itself) have their own terms and don't benefit from MMWA protections like original factory warranties do. All of the Mopar vehicle plans are each entirely voided by installing any of the (pre)stage kit parts.
Hey where did you get that last paragraph from?

2ndgen

Member ID
Reactions
City
Orem
State
UT
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger Hellcat
From a lot of research and several conversations with people at mopar, dodge cares, and direct connect.
More recent research uncovered this excellent thread with contributions from a practicing contract attorney who clarified that the scary language in the mopar service contract doesn't mean what most people think it means, and even most service contracts survive irrelevant mods to the items in question. That said, mods that affect emissions or safety generally do void the entire service contract--which would include power mods (because emissions--even just a CAI could void it), and some suspension mods (safety, eg > 2" lift on jeeps).
However, taking an issue through the courts could be lengthy (years) and costly (pay your own way--tens of $1000s in legal fees)...

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
Way back Direct Connection was where racers could buy parts at a discounted price.
No installation or warranty crap.
I remember those days...early 70's....actually were some great deals...(y)

Hickster

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seminole
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Hellcat Challenger
They were left at the border. What are the peoples going to say when they move the assembly plants to the US>

Member ID
Reactions
City
tampa
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
From a lot of research and several conversations with people at mopar, dodge cares, and direct connect.
More recent research uncovered this excellent thread with contributions from a practicing contract attorney who clarified that the scary language in the mopar service contract doesn't mean what most people think it means, and even most service contracts survive irrelevant mods to the items in question. That said, mods that affect emissions or safety generally do void the entire service contract--which would include power mods (because emissions--even just a CAI could void it), and some suspension mods (safety, eg > 2" lift on jeeps).
However, taking an issue through the courts could be lengthy (years) and costly (pay your own way--tens of $1000s in legal fees)...
Thats exactly what I thought

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
I keep telling people if you're worried about a warranty leave the car stock. It's really the only way to know for sure and even then if they find a piece of rubber in your wheel well you're at risk of being flagged for abuse. It's kinda crazy.

I bet this power broker thing is some kind of yearly fee the dealers have to pay to join like was mentioned and dealers have realized that ship sailed about 4 years ago and people that wanna mod their cars already know who the top shops in the country are and just go there.

I do wanna take a peek at this hopped up tune they're putting in the Diablo device though to see what's what. Eventually I'll come across one and we can dissect it :)

Member ID
Reactions
City
tampa
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
I keep telling people if you're worried about a warranty leave the car stock. It's really the only way to know for sure and even then if they find a piece of rubber in your wheel well you're at risk of being flagged for abuse. It's kinda crazy.

I bet this power broker thing is some kind of yearly fee the dealers have to pay to join like was mentioned and dealers have realized that ship sailed about 4 years ago and people that wanna mod their cars already know who the top shops in the country are and just go there.

I do wanna take a peek at this hopped up tune they're putting in the Diablo device though to see what's what. Eventually I'll come across one and we can dissect it :)
This is exactly what I been waiting for lol. Almost 900 hp with Demon racing fuel button as soon as they notify me im at my Dealership!

MikeD1

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Central Florida
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images

Yeah, they have the ultimate 'out' on any warranty claim they decide to bail on - legal costs & time. Sure you can claim the Magnuson–Moss Warranty Act applies, but you have to get a lawyer & go to court to prove they need to cover the repair. Most times that would take years & cost more than the repair bill & they know it. Plus they have a phalinx of corporate lawyers sitting around all day just to handle stuff like this, makes it tough to compete !!

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
Best bet is to build a relationship with a local dealer service and parts dept IMO and let 'r rip.

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
Best bet is to build a relationship with a local dealer service and parts dept IMO and let 'r rip.
I try to stay away from the dealerships. My life has been much simpler.

Member ID
Reactions
City
tampa
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Yeah, they have the ultimate 'out' on any warranty claim they decide to bail on - legal costs & time. Sure you can claim the Magnuson–Moss Warranty Act applies, but you have to get a lawyer & go to court to prove they need to cover the repair. Most times that would take years & cost more than the repair bill & they know it. Plus they have a phalinx of corporate lawyers sitting around all day just to handle stuff like this, makes it tough to compete !![
Yeah, they have the ultimate 'out' on any warranty claim they decide to bail on - legal costs & time. Sure you can claim the Magnuson–Moss Warranty Act applies, but you have to get a lawyer & go to court to prove they need to cover the repair. Most times that would take years & cost more than the repair bill & they know it. Plus they have a phalinx of corporate lawyers sitting around all day just to handle stuff like this, makes it tough to compete !!
Ive never had a problem with a warranty claim in my life. Matter of fact when my clutch went on my 13GT500 the dealership paid half and it wasnt even covered. Now if you mod your car in a shop not authorized what do you expect

Member ID
Reactions
City
tampa
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
You on the money with that and dont forget to tip your service person lol

OP
Paladin06

Paladin06

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Army Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Clarksville
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger Hellcat/2019 Challenger Redeye
Thread Starter #57
Always have.

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Dodge Challenger Redeye WB
I do not think everyone practices that and even thinks it is appropriate. I do it also, they cannot be more kind, cooperative and do a better and more supportive job for me. Most of the guys that (well only one or two, one does the drive train, the other does the suspension work, I cannot) work on mine are nearly as old as me and have their own hot rods also.

Moral; share the love with those you least expect!

Member ID
Reactions
City
Saint Paul
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
Dodge SRT Demon
I purchased Demon T-shirts in all

sizes.