Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Demon Intake Filter

MaxCarnage

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Spokane Valley
State
WA
Country
United States
Vehicle
19' Redeye
HFCOTM
View Images
Ok got yah. So a limited supply and probably gone now.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Limited supply yeah. I asked and they don't expect to get anymore at this time. If you're interested I'd call and find out what they have. The ones at $25 are pretty damaged. I wouldn't buy one that damaged. The one I bought has a slight tweak in the filter fins.

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Dodge Challenger Redeye WB
I am happy. Just got it today. I’ll put it in and run it down at Hallett in two weeks. Hope it screams even louder. For $65 the only defect was the tab was broken. After a bit of glue, it may be better than the original!

275F3F09-B050-4E95-B399-CEB5D95F32D7.jpeg

jgilj

1000 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Brooksville
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
21 Challenger Super Stock
I am happy. Just got it today. I’ll put it in and run it down at Hallett in two weeks. Hope it screams even louder. For $65 the only defect was the tab was broken. After a bit of glue, it may be better than the original!

View attachment 16140
Good deal still waiting on mine! Must have gotten lost ???

Maxboost

Member ID
Reactions
City
Fuquay varina
State
NC
Country
United States

View attachment 16140
Mine will be here tomorrow but I also have a race filter setup coming too. I wonder how it will compare to the demon filter. This filter only has 2 mesh screens with no cotton gauze in between.
20200419_133428.jpg

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
Mine will be here tomorrow but I also have a race filter setup coming too. I wonder how it will compare to the demon filter. This filter only has 2 mesh screens with no cotton gauze in between.
View attachment 16143
Ha, that should flow good. Looks like it will keep the bugs out.

EricG

1000 Posts Club
Premium Account
10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Albuquerque
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'19 Hellcat Redeye

View attachment 16140
Well that looks pretty good David, good repair! Will be interested to hear how easy you think it is to swap the filter out. I'm hoping mine comes in Monday :)

Maxboost

Member ID
Reactions
City
Fuquay varina
State
NC
Country
United States
I learned my filter was dirty as hell.

Attachments

jgilj

1000 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Brooksville
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
That’s from you makin all them horsepeters and sucking all that air!😂😂😂

EricG

1000 Posts Club
Premium Account
10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Albuquerque
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'19 Hellcat Redeye

Yeah I'm coming up on 6000 miles and mine looks pretty grungy too! How many miles did you have on yours?

Any advice on the filter change out?

Maxboost

Member ID
Reactions
City
Fuquay varina
State
NC
Country
United States
Yeah I'm coming up on 6000 miles and mine looks pretty grungy too! How many miles did you have on yours?

Any advice on the filter change out?
11k on it. I take the 3 allen bolts out and leave them out. I used a ball end allen wrench with vise grips to get them out.

EricG

1000 Posts Club
Premium Account
10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Albuquerque
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'19 Hellcat Redeye
11k on it. I take the 3 allen bolts out and leave them out. I used a ball end allen wrench with vise grips to get them out.
Thanks, very helpful!

SunnyS

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Siesta Key
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Hellcat
Got mine yesterday> It was a brand new in the Mopar box with the part number label on it. Never used still sealed in protective warp.

EricG

1000 Posts Club
Premium Account
10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Albuquerque
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'19 Hellcat Redeye
Mine came today and I have to say I’m really happy with it! A little curving of the pleats at one edge there, but otherwise I’d say it’s pretty good! It will get track tested ;)

Attachments

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thanks, very helpful!
I can't wait, I'll get out my old little tools I used on the custom motorcycles. Hope it is as painful as it sounds, I'll kick its butt! This weekend it gets a brake job, the tension arms changed out because I changed brands on those (come on UPS), put on that little air cleaner, then put the big 12" wide wheels on and she will be ready to roll on that trailer for a real shake down.

jgilj

1000 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Brooksville
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Mine came today and I have to say I’m really happy with it! A little curving of the pleats at one edge there, but otherwise I’d say it’s pretty good! It will get track tested ;)
Great news enjoy!

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
First I want to thank @NJ_Redeye who got me through Mancini's site.

Couple of things. I installed it while my coffee maker was making my morning 12 cups. So that was as hard as it got. I did re-use the screws because the glued-on tab don't give me any confidence.

I wanted to reuse them because this is just a grown up version of the high performance cone air filter some of us motorcycle nuts have seen for about 20 years now from K&N, no doubt. Mine screwed on the big 124 ci the same way, got it on my HD in the garage still. So with that extra unit I won't need any more air cleaners forever for this one! If you guys have not already figured it out, go out and get this kit I picture below to maintain these great units. You guys think I can get the 11 hp back now?:rolleyes: But, not giving up #797!

IMG_1560.jpg

EricG

1000 Posts Club
Premium Account
10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Albuquerque
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'19 Hellcat Redeye
What, no pic of the install? Come on....

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
What, no pic of the install? Come on....
Wasn't that special, I did add a little piece of tape to the tab.

IMG_1567.jpg

I thought a better shot today was 325/30's with 12" wide wheels on the front! Excuse the bugs they will come right off the wrap when I bathe it. It was in the sun too long today.

IMG_1564.jpg

MaxCarnage

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Spokane Valley
State
WA
Country
United States
Vehicle
19' Redeye
HFCOTM
View Images

View attachment 16140
I ended up getting two of them at $65, because I couldn't quite tell from their pictures how they were damaged. I ended up installing one that has very very slight bends in filter fins. The other one I got is perfect, minus that tab that broke off (just like yours). So I'm going to either epoxy or superglue it back on. I can see how it can snap off. Dodge should have mounted that tab on better. There isn't much that holds it on.

Not sure how anyone else installed their filter, but I just took the 3 torx screws out with the intake still in the car and removed the filter + loosened the clamp to filter. It was kind of a pain to remove those screws, the rubber intake ribs were in my way a good deal, and the screws were in awfully tight imo. Next time I'm wondering if it might be easier to just take the entire intake off, then remove the filter. I also might grab an extra set of those screws, just in case my other ones start getting a bit stripped over time.

Lastly I looked at both Redeye factory filter and this Demon "race" filter and I don't really see much if any difference. I thought maybe there was a hole in the demon center for extra flow, but it's just a fake hole that goes no where lol. Seemed like daylight went threw both filters to me about the same. Once I drive it I'll have to see if I can feel that 11hp, hahaha!

Maxboost

Member ID
Reactions
City
Fuquay varina
State
NC
Country
United States
I ended up getting two of them at $65, because I couldn't quite tell from their pictures how they were damaged. I ended up installing one that has very very slight bends in filter fins. The other one I got is perfect, minus that tab that broke off (just like yours). So I'm going to either epoxy or superglue it back on. I can see how it can snap off. Dodge should have mounted that tab on better. There isn't much that holds it on.

Not sure how anyone else installed their filter, but I just took the 3 torx screws out with the intake still in the car and removed the filter + loosened the clamp to filter. It was kind of a pain to remove those screws, the rubber intake ribs were in my way a good deal, and the screws were in awfully tight imo. Next time I'm wondering if it might be easier to just take the entire intake off, then remove the filter. I also might grab an extra set of those screws, just in case my other ones start getting a bit stripped over time.

Lastly I looked at both Redeye factory filter and this Demon "race" filter and I don't really see much if any difference. I thought maybe there was a hole in the demon center for extra flow, but it's just a fake hole that goes no where lol. Seemed like daylight went threw both filters to me about the same. Once I drive it I'll have to see if I can feel that 11hp, hahaha!
I agree on finding a difference even in the mesh and gauze. The flow diverter may help some but the filter does look cooler. I did a bunch of light tests and just couldn’t find any other difference after my redeye filter was clean. It’s hard to tell if the redeye has 2 or 3 layers of cotton gauze and of the demon filter only has 1. That’s the typical “race filter” design with airaid stating there single is the highest flowing filtering filter. I need to mic out the filter to see if the mesh is thicker between the two.