Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Demon Intake Filter

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Dodge Challenger Redeye WB
I was just able to order the Demon race filter without entering a VIN, we'll see what shows up I guess.

I also have an extra regular Redeye/Demon filter on the shelf for when I want to clean the one that came with my car or want to swap it on for a car show. By the way, has anyone ever been able to get a concrete answer on whether or not these are washable filters ? These stock filters don't appear to be oiled, do they? I know the blue filters that come with the Mopar cold air kits for the 392s are washable, and come with directions to dunk them in a bucket of soapy water and then a bucket of clean water and then they dry overnight. But those are blue and these factory Redeye filters are red.
He is going to have at least two orders this morning to ship. We shall see what happens. I just did not fill-in any of the requested VIN numbers. Your going to use the element to fit on a face mask right?

jgilj

1000 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Brooksville
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
21 Challenger Super Stock
Now 3 I’ll try again last time they took order then refunded because of Demon specific! Fingers crossed! I was also told they are on national back order. Kinda like my rear seat delete kit that’s been on order for 4-5 months! Who nows I’m loosing count.😂

Last edited:
OP
bc_hellcat
Member ID
Reactions
City
Plant City
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger
Thread Starter #23
I was just able to order the Demon race filter without entering a VIN, we'll see what shows up I guess.

I also have an extra regular Redeye/Demon filter on the shelf for when I want to clean the one that came with my car or want to swap it on for a car show. By the way, has anyone ever been able to get a concrete answer on whether or not these are washable filters ? These stock filters don't appear to be oiled, do they? I know the blue filters that come with the Mopar cold air kits for the 392s are washable, and come with directions to dunk them in a bucket of soapy water and then a bucket of clean water and then they dry overnight. But those are blue and these factory Redeye filters are red.
I am not sure...mine didnt seem oiled and I did exactly what you said and it came pretty clean. I bought a new one to put on and then cleaned the old one and have it in a box just in case I need it. I think they are washable and reusable...IMO.

EricG

1000 Posts Club
Premium Account
10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Albuquerque
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'19 Hellcat Redeye
So yeah...no Demon filter. :(

Didn’t really want one anyway but would have bought it for the novelty effect :)

Attachments

jgilj

1000 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Brooksville
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle

Didn’t really want one anyway but would have bought it for the novelty effect :)[/Hello,
The part/s you ordered is a Demon specific part. It has to be ordered directly from Mopar. Because of this Mopar needs the VIN showing it's a Demon, current miles, proof of ownership and a copy of your ID (the name on the proof of ownership and ID must match). Without this information Mopar will not accept our order. Please provide this info by emailing it to us or call us if you have any questions.

--
Thank you,
Mopar Wholesale Parts
Me Too!

Maxboost

Member ID
Reactions
City
Fuquay varina
State
NC
Country
United States
Lmi makes an redeye intake for 399.00 but it doesn’t look to use a box.

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle

Didn’t really want one anyway but would have bought it for the novelty effect :)
My note was the same, piss on-em.

coolblue

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Long Island
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Redeye
Now 3 I’ll try again last time they took order then refunded because of Demon specific! Fingers crossed! I was also told they are on national back order. Kinda like my rear seat delete kit that’s been on order for 4-5 months! Who nows I’m loosing count.😂
So glad I got my rear seat delete when I did for my '09 SRT8. Took it out and re-boxed, waiting to reuse it in the RE. Man, I can't believe how long some of you guys are waiting on backorder. Good luck.

DRAGRCR

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Death Valley
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Hornet

Yes they have oil on them. After a good washing they are White.

45-70govt

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Ghetto
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger Hellcat
Why does Dodge limit who can buy Demon parts? Dodge is in the business to make money, so why would they not cater to guys who wanted to buy every expensive Demon part to convert their SXT to a Demon wannabe with enough parts. I am sure the markup on parts is a huge money maker, so it seems to my simple and sometimes ignorant mind that Dodge is loosing out on much need cash at the moment.

EricG

1000 Posts Club
Premium Account
10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Albuquerque
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'19 Hellcat Redeye
Yes they have oil on them. After a good washing they are White.
Is there a specific oil or Mopar oil that you use/recommend to oil the filter?

EricG

1000 Posts Club
Premium Account
10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Albuquerque
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'19 Hellcat Redeye
Why does Dodge limit who can buy Demon parts? Dodge is in the business to make money, so why would they not cater to guys who wanted to buy every expensive Demon part to convert their SXT to a Demon wannabe with enough parts. I am sure the markup on parts is a huge money maker, so it seems to my simple and sometimes ignorant mind that Dodge is loosing out on much need cash at the moment.
Maybe it is just for warranty things as the Demon is such an extreme car, like that race filter has only half of the filtering media, maybe they don't want something that loose on a regular-warrantied car?

45-70govt

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Ghetto
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger Hellcat
Maybe it is just for warranty things as the Demon is such an extreme car, like that race filter has only half of the filtering media, maybe they don't want something that loose on a regular-warrantied car?
That would make since on the air filter, but its the same story for all the Demon parts.

EricG

1000 Posts Club
Premium Account
10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Albuquerque
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'19 Hellcat Redeye
That would make since on the air filter, but its the same story for all the Demon parts.
In reality though, there may only be a few parts that you really can't get considering the Redeye basically is a Demon now. Anyone can buy any Redeye part so long as it is in stock I think...

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
That is BS we can't buy one for the RE. Same damn motor, same shit different day. Like I said yesterday, piss on-em. K&N will sell it outright when the lawyers relent and let them offer it. They are K&N, they look like K&N, they oil like K&N, I'll bet they flow like K&N. Us hi-performance motorcycle guys have seen their shit for decades now, unmistakable, K&N period.

Don't pay a premium for any damn air cleaner oil from FCA. Simply go to your local HD store and buy K&N cleaner and oil for that top secret restricted shit! Rant done.

Slows2k

Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Challenger
I had to provide proof of ownership to buy a replacement fender flare for my 18WB.

jgilj

1000 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Brooksville
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
So glad I got my rear seat delete when I did for my '09 SRT8. Took it out and re-boxed, waiting to reuse it in the RE. Man, I can't believe how long some of you guys are waiting on backorder. Good luck.
Thanks I called the dealer again today and he said no update 😤 but don’t forget you can buy each piece individually at a much higher cost @DodgeCares. Ya right😳

DRAGRCR

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Death Valley
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Hornet
Is there a specific oil or Mopar oil that you use/recommend to oil the filter?
I would use K&N filter oil. The oil is red and I do think K&N makes these filters.

Maxboost

Member ID
Reactions
City
Fuquay varina
State
NC
Country
United States
I dropped a line with KN about making some for me. We’ll see where it goes.

Last edited:

jgilj

1000 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Brooksville
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
I drop a line with KN about making some for me. Will see where it goes.
Let me know!