Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Crazy Video GT500 170MPH driving public roads YIKES!!!!!!

JRabq

1000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Albuquerque
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger Hellcat
Lets see. Rural 2 lane road. Not limited access. All kinds of potential hazards. Lots of other humans likely not expecting such insane behavior. Dumb luck is his only ally. Reckless and stupid.
I think most of us have exceeded the posted speed limit at some point, but if you want to stay out of jail and avoid killing an innocent or yourself, you learn to pick your moments. This is not it. With newcomers i frequently post... have fun, be safe. One can do both. This vid is just an arrogant bonehead!

Slowpoke387

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Somewhere
State
CT
Country
United States
Vehicle
2020 Challenger Hellcat Redeye WB

Slowpoke387

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Somewhere
State
CT
Country
United States
Vehicle
Lets see. Rural 2 lane road. Not limited access. All kinds of potential hazards. Lots of other humans likely not expecting such insane behavior. Dumb luck is his only ally. Reckless and stupid.
Sooooo what youre saying is you approve...I mean I'm not sure, your post was so vague :unsure:

OP
ChargerChallenger

ChargerChallenger

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mopar Nation
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
19 Challenger Hellcat Redeye 19 Charger Hellcat
Thread Starter #24
Sooooo what youre saying is you approve...I mean I'm not sure, your post was so vague :unsure:
Hell no he's saying this guy is a NUT JOB!!!

JRabq

1000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Albuquerque
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger Hellcat
Hell no he's saying this guy is a NUT JOB!!!
Thank you.
Yes I was saying this guy is an idiot.
But I did also say that every breach of the posted speed limit is not always unreasonably dangerous.
I think most understand the difference.

Slowpoke387

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Somewhere
State
CT
Country
United States
Vehicle
OP
ChargerChallenger

ChargerChallenger

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mopar Nation
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #27
Think my sarcasm went right over your head lol [strongman]
I know that why I did it😁. I like to have fun with Used Car Salesman😁

JRabq

1000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Albuquerque
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger Hellcat
Im a little slo on the uptake, i'm so confused

Matt someone with an SRT

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Newtown
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2023 Charger SRT HellcatJailbreak , 2019 RedEye WB
That kind of speed is pretty high for those roads. I like to go fast but I only do it for short bursts. Your already hauling ass when you do 120-130s when no one is around. Once you get up in that 140s 150s your going fast as sh!t. 160s I’ve been once in the charger and it’s like a hold on and go straight. It’s honestly completely unnecessary and it’s way easier to recover from a mistake in the low 100s range even though that’s still really fast on the street and I’m not saying go out and do it.. but I’ve done it.. once you get up to 150s range that’s another echelon of speed and it actually takes a careful foot on the brake you don’t want to lay much down or you’ll roast them at that speed. And then your only slowed down to 90 100 which is quite fast. Basically my point being it’s a lot more dangerous going 120+ especially in the situations this driver. And as some said the duration is like he’s going to a track event on the street. When I speed a bit it’s like 10 seconds then I slow back down to normal. I’m not doing a 20 minute prolonged session racing set on a public road that’s 4 sure.

OP
ChargerChallenger

ChargerChallenger

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mopar Nation
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #30
That kind of speed is pretty high for those roads. I like to go fast but I only do it for short bursts. Your already hauling ass when you do 120-130s when no one is around. Once you get up in that 140s 150s your going fast as sh!t. 160s I’ve been once in the charger and it’s like a hold on and go straight. It’s honestly completely unnecessary and it’s way easier to recover from a mistake in the low 100s range even though that’s still really fast on the street and I’m not saying go out and do it.. but I’ve done it.. once you get up to 150s range that’s another echelon of speed and it actually takes a careful foot on the brake you don’t want to lay much down or you’ll roast them at that speed. And then your only slowed down to 90 100 which is quite fast. Basically my point being it’s a lot more dangerous going 120+ especially in the situations this driver. And as some said the duration is like he’s going to a track event on the street. When I speed a bit it’s like 10 seconds then I slow back down to normal. I’m not doing a 20 minute prolonged session racing set on a public road that’s 4 sure.
Good evaluation and I think many here can all attest to hitting some fast speeds on open public roads. But to go miles and miles and miles like probably 20-30 miles of 100 plus MPH speeds is just truly careless beyond careless. And I would love to see someone else's personal video showing them doing this and or even a movie scene. I mean bedsides maybe the Autobahn in Germany I have never seen stateside this crazy a video. IMO this may go down as one of the all time highest run video of someone doing this which could gain a lot of attention for all the wrong reasons.

Matt someone with an SRT

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Newtown
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Good evaluation and I think many here can all attest to hitting some fast speeds on open public roads. But to go miles and miles and miles like probably 20-30 miles of 100 plus MPH speeds is just truly careless beyond careless. And I would love to see someone else's personal video showing them doing this and or even a movie scene. I mean bedsides maybe the Autobahn in Germany I have never seen stateside this crazy a video. IMO this may go down as one of the all time highest run video of someone doing this which could gain a lot of attention for all the wrong reasons.
Yup, yup.. you made some very good points as well. Like the fact that your trying to teach your adolescents the proper driving etiquette and this is just completely negligent to being that him and yourself are family men.. it’s one thing pulling stunts like this without pressing the record button.. but to incriminate yourself.. and have people familiar or friends/family get wind of this.. Hello, that is plain stupid. I mean like what would this guys mom say if she’s still alive and is subscribed to his channel. Let alone wife or kids..

OP
ChargerChallenger

ChargerChallenger

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mopar Nation
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #32
I will be amazed if the Video is not either shut down and or he turns it off. I mean what an idiot being its obvious this guy has never had a run in with the law and or possible hardships in life when the authorities show up to tell you otherwise. Yeh I have had a taste of that and it very expensive and embarrassing as well as huge economic hardships and relationships.

Matt someone with an SRT

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Newtown
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Lol it’s like for real though.. you comment on a guy putting a video like this out.. it’s like that’s cool and all dude you did a buck 70 give yourself a pat on the back.. But your also a uninspiring blockhead for recording it and doing excessive speeds on a public road for this extended duration. Dude needs a reality check.. just needs his wife to give him a firm open handed slap across the face and say grow up you got kids you can’t be pulling stunts like this and putting reckless behavior up on your YouTube channel as an example of how to be a stupid idiot role model

Whatknot

2000 Posts Club
Member ID
Reactions
City
nearest is Portland, but live in the country
State
OR
Country
United States
There are some country roads like that around here that are fun to run, but you just never know what wildlife may decide to dart across the road without warning. One day I came around a bend in the road to find a small herd of cattle that had escaped from a farm all over the road & shoulders. Even a large coon can ruin your day (and car) at the speeds he was hitting.

I briefly hit a relatively good speed this morning on my bike, rounding a curve, moving along good, I was well leaned over, and there were 4 deer...i threaded my way through the hole, and thankfully they didn't run, but it sure did make me think.

HWDan

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Home of the Hellcat
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2017 Charger SRT 392
at 6:28, he proceeded to pass a big group of cars @ > 130mph were there was someone turning LEFT into a cross road. This is a wide-angle lens camera so it was probably a closer call than it really looks.
That could have been tragic right there.

Stormtrooper1320

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bran
State
Non-US
Country
Romania
Vehicle
Panzerkampfwagen 150
C'mon @ChargerChallenger ......let's go out Saturday morning in your GT500 around 0430 on 70 out past Hagerstown and git up on it :LOL::LOL:

Don't let that guy show you up :p

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
If this circulates very much you'll post next about him being arrested and his license revoked and car impounded I bet. The internet is a much smaller place than people think. That's why all my testing is in Mexico and I never exceed posted limits.

MurderCat

Member ID
Reactions
City
Rochester
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
Whipple Hellcat (Sold) 22 GMC 2500HD Denali
Not the place or the time. Putting way too many other lives at risk including himself on that road. See way too much of this crap these days trying to get 'famous' on social media.
Some kid just got sentenced to 24 years due to street racing gone wrong ending up with a mother and child dead.

Witnessed a local crash a few years back where the person hit was deceased on scene - no brakes hit them at 80+ running an intersection. Terrible things happen when high power cars get in the wrong hands.

I do approve of Mexico testing but only if the road is completely dead for miles away from houses etc. Few years ago hired a professional driver to test one of my cars in Mexico to 210mph ;)

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Charger HC (once upon a time)
I am a forum member on the Ford GT500 community and this video published publicly😳. And the forum member has a lot of good videos and he’s actually a pilot. But holly crap,talk about incriminating yourself and if his insurance company got word of this you just know they would cancel his insurance. I know he wants the YouTube hits to grow his channel but damn the consequences will never pay out his YouTube royalties.

Already forwarded to his employer and the FAA.

you're dead.gif

Whatknot

2000 Posts Club
Member ID
Reactions
City
nearest is Portland, but live in the country
State
OR
Country
United States
I kept waiting for a crotch rocket to blow past him, rider all nicely tucked in, and show ugly tshirt guy what serious speed is lol 😂😂😂