Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Cars being booted at ATCO

OP
Hpindy

Hpindy

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Jackson's Point
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2018 challenger hellcat
Thread Starter #41
Some good points , some funny jokes but I started this thread for 2 main reasons

1- was there indeed a whistle blower ?

2 - why were only some cars asked to leave and not ALL cars that fit into the same category.

I'm not disputing the NHRA rules . They have been out for a few years and we all know about them . If you think about it a demon is listed as going 9.65@140 so technically they shouldn't be allowed to run at all . . I'm after the answers for my 2 questions . Not the NHRA rules .

Sent from my BBF100-2 using Tapatalk

Linda's Hell Cat

4000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bucks County
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Charger Hellcat
NO The FACT is there was not a WHISTLE BLOWER making a phone call!
Last year ATCO was a little more forgiving, the year before last they were strict.
The Track Rental set the tone! So blame it on the ones going for the 8s then bragging and posting up illegal runs on FB and YouTube!
This is the real reason of what happened. Some even will post making it funny what they are getting away with. No roll cage or wearing proper safety equipment.
The competitiveness of the day got more and more so they shut those people down and others had to follow.

I can tell you ask FireBall John Lewis how many times in the years past he got booted from ATCO (with different owners) for running high 9's and no cage. Very often the State Police are at the track.

I am there for racing and seeing my Family of Hemi Racing Friends. Sometimes there is a track that seems to be forgiving and I'll try for a New PB.
My Hellcat can go into the 9's. but I am there to RACE so 10.0s "is what it is"
I raced the Bracket Class and the Hellcat Shoot out!
BTW I won the Hellcat shoot out race yesterday [wiggle][cool]

I had an AWESOME Fun Fassst Time this past weekend!

Linda
[burnout][burnout]

Marc W

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
U.S. Navy Veteran
Firefighter
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
St. George
State
UT
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Dodge Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
It’s not like the NHRA isn’t aware of what’s going on in a Hellcat World. When tracks with a NHRA affiliation have cars running high nines and they’re wagging a finger instead of giving the boot... that’s one thing. Low nines (and now eights) all over the internet without any concern for rules. What rules... we don’t need no stink’n rules! At some point the Sheriff is going to check back in.

OP
Hpindy

Hpindy

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Jackson's Point
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2018 challenger hellcat
Thread Starter #44
NO The FACT is there was not a WHISTLE BLOWER making a phone call!
Last year ATCO was a little more forgiving, the year before last they were strict.
The Track Rental set the tone! So blame it on the ones going for the 8s then bragging and posting up illegal runs on FB and YouTube!
This is the real reason of what happened. Some even will post making it funny what they are getting away with. No roll cage or wearing proper safety equipment.
The competitiveness of the day got more and more so they shut those people down and others had to follow.

I can tell you ask FireBall John Lewis how many times in the years past he got booted from ATCO (with different owners) for running high 9's and no cage. Very often the State Police are at the track.

I am there for racing and seeing my Family of Hemi Racing Friends. Sometimes there is a track that seems to be forgiving and I'll try for a New PB.
My Hellcat can go into the 9's. but I am there to RACE so 10.0s "is what it is"
I raced the Bracket Class and the Hellcat Shoot out!
BTW I won the Hellcat shoot out race yesterday [wiggle][cool]

I had an AWESOME Fun Fassst Time this past weekend!

Linda
[burnout][burnout]
Linda
I'm in no way pointing fingers or throwing stones . I just want facts not rumors . Because if it was a whistle blower then that would be awful petty of them . But that seems not to be the case .
Come on guys really 8 seconds with no bar is just asking for trouble . Taking advantage of some nice tracks . 8's is way too over the line. Everyone knows the rules . Bragging about it is even worse.

I'm no angel in this either . I occasionally dance with the devil by the pail moon light from time to time . But I know the rules and it's time I tried to follow a few . But in all fairness I never expected to run the times I have gotten either .

Linda's Hell Cat

4000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bucks County
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Charger Hellcat
Linda
I'm in no way pointing fingers or throwing stones . I just want facts not rumors . Because if it was a whistle blower then that would be awful petty of them . But that seems not to be the case .
Come on guys really 8 seconds with no bar is just asking for trouble . Taking advantage of some nice tracks . 8's is way too over the line. Everyone knows the rules . Bragging about it is even worse.

I'm no angel in this either . I occasionally dance with the devil by the pail moon light from time to time . But I know the rules and it's time I tried to follow a few . But in all fairness I never expected to run the times I have gotten either .

I know you are not. Those that are starting the rumors are doing it to benefit someone else.
If I wanted to start a rumor I would pick the person who has nothing good to say about MSHS and would be jealous of the racers going for 8's. But the Truth from the Track all comes from T&T day.

I know all over the country it happens that HC's are going for the 8's and no Cages. But how many times are there this many and mainly Hellcats going for the 8's or low 9's at one place.
Seriously it gets competitive for bragging rights and there is a higher chance of someone not getting out of something they should be and it could be bad. I wouldn't want to be up against anyone that I don't think safety isn't important.
That goes for drinking alcohol while racing or smoking dope or just being a dope. I don't care how much safety someone has that's a BIG Eff No for me. ( Take your grudge race somewhere else ;)

Linda :)

Bucks666

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Grove City
State
OH
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 hellcat / 2018 demon
I was booted for a 9.37 pass Saturday but pass before that was a 9.30 at 146+ and never said a word . Rules are rules so no argument there but sorry not caging a demon ......
Wife’s car is caged and my super pro car is caged as well so no issues next year except the staff were complete asshats towards some good people we know . I’m sorry but atco isn’t the greatest track on the east coast so they need to stop acting like it .
Bull nailed it ...... the issue is the inconsistency. Some demons could run the 9.7 and 9.8 and not a word said but if you run in pro class it’s the end of the world lol ....
And if safety is a huge concern of the track then why the hell did they send two cars down the track when we all sat there and told them the first time there was oil on the track and the second it was fuel causing a demon to get sideways .
A simple post with a warning stating going forward all classes will follow NHRA rules will eliminate all the confusion so if you show and go faster than certified you only have yourself to blame and most racers will accept it and get off dans ass .
Bucks

WhipCat

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
In the Jungle
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger Hellcat
Worst part is the owners of the race track are getting hit into the pocket book.

More and more tracks if they start cracking down hard, say goodbye to 20-30% of your business by enacting a 100% enforcement of those rules.

I couldn’t imagine palm beach racetrack would stay open very long if any car faster than 10.00 had to have a cage. They would be outta business and in the hole.

So unless regs change to let us keep racing as cars get faster and faster then owners are left with 2 choices. If your doing it for money then you have to kick the rules out and let your customers race. Or you abide by the rules and sit and watch your track be empty.

Word will get out that a track is full of a bunch of nazis. Track officials act just like range officers and shooting ranges. All the guys that shoot know which ranges to never go to because they people are completely nuts with rules. Same applies to racing. We are going to go where we can feel comfortable and enjoy our cars. We take the risk and know the consequences. Let me sign the waiver and let me race.

OP
Hpindy

Hpindy

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Jackson's Point
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2018 challenger hellcat
Thread Starter #48
I'm looking for one of those 1960's asbestos silver fire suites . So I can comply with the rules .

Bucks666

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Grove City
State
OH
Country
United States
Vehicle
I think my pops has one of those you can borrow .... silvers not my color lol

Linda's Hell Cat

4000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bucks County
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Charger Hellcat
They were announcing over and over on the loud speaker they were enforcing the rules.
Then during a shutdown while cleaning up the track they were highly ticked in their next announcement. Someone was in the staging lanes in a car that did not get teched for that driver.

As the track was silent Everything was announced again and also explained about only the driver teched in with car will race the car. 1st time I ever heard it had to be announced, but it is in the MSHS rules. Again rule breakers just made a situation get worse.

I had 0 problems with any of the staff.

I wonder how many people are reading the rules before they decide to come.
Hemirace.com had all the info posted.

Safety

For those questioning the enforcement of safety rules, our goal is to have everyone meet safety standards.

That said, we do not enforce the safety rules. We are not qualified to do so.

This is left to the discretion of the track staff. We as a series are not banning anyone for any safety rules. It is solely up to the track to allow or disallow any car.

Below is a chart that shows some of the safety equipment needed based on your E.T. These requirements change yearly and for current information, please visit the NHRA website. At a bare minimum, regardless of how quick your car is, the track will require you to wear a certified helmet, closed toe shoes and long pants.

ET Quick Reference Chart

Bucks666

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Grove City
State
OH
Country
United States
Vehicle
Again ..... inconsistent lol

AlleyCat

500 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Oro Valley
State
AZ
Country
United States
Vehicle
16 HC Challenger
I got booted at wild horse pass for running 10.0 at 143. It is either one of the two variables under nhra rules.

Linda's Hell Cat

4000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bucks County
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Charger Hellcat
@Bucks666 BTW I want to apologise I didnt realize that was you with Tim when we were talking. If your HC was there I would have figured it out.
When I did..... I didnt get a chance to speak with you.
I'm glad you and your wife were there. Hope to see your HC next year somewhere and you are racing your HC!

Linda :)

Hickster

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seminole
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Hellcat Challenger
Being in the industry, I have an asbestos suit that comes with Mesothelioma. No refunds.

Bucks666

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Grove City
State
OH
Country
United States
Vehicle
Hey Linda
We plan on making it to all the events again , I’m sure we’ll all catch up . Already counting the days down till season starts lol

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
I think you know what to do with them :ROFLMAO:
sure he does jack.....he can just wear them to a sabers game in December...he'll look like every other Ottawa fan

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Charger HC (once upon a time)
I read some garbage on Faceballs this morning (so many fragile egos and personal agendas). I do find it amusing that people choose to forgo the rules (no matter how outdated they are) and their personal wellbeing in search of a time slip - and then act surprised when they get sent home (regardless if a coward played whistleblower).

Also, those OST "bolt-in" roll bars/cages look sketchy as fuck - nothing like being impaled by your safety gear when you need it most.
My wife was terrified of my camera mount because it bolted to the headrest, back in the day. And justifiably so.

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Charger HC (once upon a time)
The fact that the NHRA allowed the new cars to run down to 10.0 and 135mph was a big step in the right direction. It’s time (in my opinion) to take step 2. The new cars already have rollover and side impact protection built in to a pretty high degree. I think a drop from the 10.0 down to a 9.0 with speeds up from 135 to 150 should be allowed with some additional safety rules. 1.... a harness bar with required SFI harness in place and driver side airbags functional. 2...... full driver safety equipment including suit and SFI neck protection that works with the helmet. 3...... NHRA license as required now. All that is affordable. The harness bar is easily removable so that the car is not compromised for daily use or devalued. And....... the license at least requires that you take going that fast somewhat seriously and are not just your garden variety yahoo. With the level of development today with these cars...... kicking people out because they run a 9.99 or 136 mph isn’t doing anybody any good.
I'm all for this, but I'm not sure how we are defining harness bars not devaluing the car. The ones I've seen, especially for the charger, require cutting into the interior and brother, that will devalue the car. lol If I've missed the one that doesn't, please point me to this thing because I'll pick that sumbitch up tomorrow.

And as for the short and t-shirt 160 MPH with just a t-shirt and an unbuckled helmet, I'm all for immediate ejection from the premises, personally.

Marc W

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
U.S. Navy Veteran
Firefighter
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
St. George
State
UT
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Dodge Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
I'm all for this, but I'm not sure how we are defining harness bars not devaluing the car. The ones I've seen, especially for the charger, require cutting into the interior and brother, that will devalue the car. lol If I've missed the one that doesn't, please point me to this thing because I'll pick that sumbitch up tomorrow.

And as for the short and t-shirt 160 MPH with just a t-shirt and an unbuckled helmet, I'm all for immediate ejection from the premises, personally.
The harness bar I was referring to is the one that was sold for the Demon. The Challenger bolt in thing from Speedlogic. I’ve never even seen one for a Charger. That bar is nicely made and is 100% bolt in and when removed leave no evidence of ever having been there.

Thawkmike

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
The law of economics takes precedence over the law of the NHRA.

And once they have your $$, then they get concerned about safety.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk