Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Cars being booted at ATCO

oilburner

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
coboconk
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2016 challenger hellcat
Forget about Atco we have Napierville.
this has been my dream all along, leave your car is too damn fast.:confused:

OP
Hpindy

Hpindy

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Jackson's Point
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2018 challenger hellcat
Thread Starter #22
The fact that the NHRA allowed the new cars to run down to 10.0 and 135mph was a big step in the right direction. It’s time (in my opinion) to take step 2. The new cars already have rollover and side impact protection built in to a pretty high degree. I think a drop from the 10.0 down to a 9.0 with speeds up from 135 to 150 should be allowed with some additional safety rules. 1.... a harness bar with required SFI harness in place and driver side airbags functional. 2...... full driver safety equipment including suit and SFI neck protection that works with the helmet. 3...... NHRA license as required now. All that is affordable. The harness bar is easily removable so that the car is not compromised for daily use or devalued. And....... the license at least requires that you take going that fast somewhat seriously and are not just your garden variety yahoo. With the level of development today with these cars...... kicking people out because they run a 9.99 or 136 mph isn’t doing anybody any good.
Mark
This is a great compromise. As much as I dislike the harness bar it would be a great compromise for the majority plus the license and neck protection . These cars have more airbags then I can count (and you wonder why these cars are so heavy) .

Sent from my BBF100-2 using Tapatalk

Marc W

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
U.S. Navy Veteran
Firefighter
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
St. George
State
UT
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Dodge Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
Mark
This is a great compromise. As much as I dislike the harness bar it would be a great compromise for the majority plus the license and neck protection . These cars have more airbags then I can count (and you wonder why these cars are so heavy) .

Sent from my BBF100-2 using Tapatalk
Yeah. The harness bar is only there for one reason. To attach a functional harness. One of those is a thousand times better than the pull across strap and that makes the bar a reasonable compromise.

hellno

3000 Posts Club
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
memphis
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 challenger hellcat
DO YALL THINK IF I PUT A WHOLE LOT OF PAPER TOWEL CARDBOARD ROLLS TOGETHER AND PAINTED THEM BLACK AND MADE IT LOOK LIKE A SIX POINT ROLL CAGE ,COULD IT PASS INSPECTION ONLY SAYS SIX POINT CAGE OR ROLL BAR I DIDNT SEE SPECIFICATIONS ON WHAT MATERIAL IS USED ,OR SAY A PLASTIC TUBE ROLL CAGE LOL ,IM SORRY GUYS MY MINDS GOING CRAZY ,,I KNOW CERTAIN TUNERS HERE HAVE CARS RUNNING 8S WITH NO ROLLCAGE ,IF THEY COME AT ME WITH IT IM GOING TO CALL THAT SHIT OUT

Marc W

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
U.S. Navy Veteran
Firefighter
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
St. George
State
UT
Country
United States
Vehicle
HFCOTM
View Images
DO YALL THINK IF I PUT A WHOLE LOT OF PAPER TOWEL CARDBOARD ROLLS TOGETHER AND PAINTED THEM BLACK AND MADE IT LOOK LIKE A SIX POINT ROLL CAGE ,COULD IT PASS INSPECTION ONLY SAYS SIX POINT CAGE OR ROLL BAR I DIDNT SEE SPECIFICATIONS ON WHAT MATERIAL IS USED ,OR SAY A PLASTIC TUBE ROLL CAGE LOL ,IM SORRY GUYS MY MINDS GOING CRAZY ,,I KNOW CERTAIN TUNERS HERE HAVE CARS RUNNING 8S WITH NO ROLLCAGE ,IF THEY COME AT ME WITH IT IM GOING TO CALL THAT SHIT OUT
Haha. I know you’re kidding but have you ever seen somebody being tech’d call out the official.
I have. 😂. A 6 point roll “bar” is simply a harness bar with some additional unnecessary stuff. If you can get one of these for your cardboard tubes you might get away with it! 2E74E081-78A1-42DE-9947-705FE8C5DBE4.jpeg

Last edited:

hellno

3000 Posts Club
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
memphis
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 challenger hellcat
A CERTAIN TUNER DOWN THE STREET FROM ME RUNS 8S IN A CORVETTE AND IT HAS NO ROLL CAGE AND NOTHING IS SAID TO HIM ,BESIDES MY CAR LOOKS BETTER

WhipCat

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
In the Jungle
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger Hellcat
Been running 9’s for close to 2 years and have never been kicked out.

But I don’t race competitions. But I already know that if I did race for money I would put a cage in. Simple fact.

hellno

3000 Posts Club
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
memphis
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 challenger hellcat
Haha. I know you’re kidding but have you ever seen somebody being tech’d call out the official.
I have. 😂. A 6 point roll “bar” is simply a harness bar with some additional unnecessary stuff. If you can get one of these for your cardboard tubes you might get away with it! View attachment 5894
HEY CAN I BORROW THAT STICKER LOL

Marc W

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
U.S. Navy Veteran
Firefighter
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
St. George
State
UT
Country
United States
Vehicle
HFCOTM
View Images
Been running 9’s for close to 2 years and have never been kicked out.

But I don’t race competitions. But I already know that if I did race for money I would put a cage in. Simple fact.
With all the New York lawyers living in Palm Beach, I’m surprised that there isn’t a ‘Call Saul’ billboard on the road to the track. 😂

motorhead

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Ottawa
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2019 Challenger HC Widebody
Mark
That's the rub. An air bag equipped car is it good for a crash at 50, 100, 125... or 200 mph? With or without another car/object involved? Does adding/dumping the air bags while adding in all of the NHRA/SFI certified kit increase/decrease those safety margins? Is that on road or off-road? The variables are endless.

I've lived with a 6-pt rollbar car on the street - it sucks (especially doing under dash work). Jamming one in a Hellcat would suck, and pretty much ruin the experience. But, it is kinda hard to enjoy the car either way when you are dead.

I believe that Dodge designed the car to safely run 10s @ 135mph at the drags (with another car in the other lane), and balls out on a solo run to 200mph - but all at your own risk, add safety gear as desired - especially if you are going to play smash 'em up.

Boris

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Northern
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Rammer
What is required from factories for air bag testing anyway?

I know we see the head on at 45 mph tests etc. Are they really required to test a car at 100mph? 135mph? 150+?
I would be surprised if they are.

Like i said, its a slippery slope. If you want a race car, build a race car. A 10 second car on the street is pretty useless anyway. I've had a couple

hellno

3000 Posts Club
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
memphis
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 challenger hellcat
What is required from factories for air bag testing anyway?

I know we see the head on at 45 mph tests etc. Are they really required to test a car at 100mph? 135mph? 150+?
I would be surprised if they are.

Like i said, its a slippery slope. If you want a race car, build a race car. A 10 second car on the street is pretty useless anyway. I've had a couple
NO WE ARE THE ONES WHO TEST THEM AT SPEEDS HIGHER THEN 45MPH LOL

Marc W

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
U.S. Navy Veteran
Firefighter
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
St. George
State
UT
Country
United States
Vehicle
HFCOTM
View Images
The airbags are going to offer a degree of protection even when they are deflating. They act as a curtain that will keep arms inside the car and outside stuff outside in a rollover. That is what the NHRA required window net is there for. That’s why I think it should be required that they are working when there is no window net in place like with a certified cage. A tightly secured harness is going to keep the driver in place better than the OEM belt in the rollover kind is crash where side to side movement takes place. Dodge designed these cars to meet the safety requirements in the crash testing that is mandated. With their impact absorbing crush zones and all that, they are much safer than the older boxes that the NHRA roll cages are designed for.

hellno

3000 Posts Club
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
memphis
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 challenger hellcat
BUT I HAVE THE RED BELTS :ROFLMAO:

Slowpoke387

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Somewhere
State
CT
Country
United States
Vehicle
2020 Challenger Hellcat Redeye WB
A CERTAIN TUNER DOWN THE STREET FROM ME RUNS 8S IN A CORVETTE AND IT HAS NO ROLL CAGE AND NOTHING IS SAID TO HIM ,BESIDES MY CAR LOOKS BETTER
C'mon Hickster, we know it's you...

motorhead

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Ottawa
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2019 Challenger HC Widebody

Markp

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Fuck Trudeau
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2019 Redeye
all The NHRA requirements come from taking a car that runs 13s or 14s and making it run 9s. Today the cars are built to run 10s and 9s from the factory. Plus sign a waiver and use at your own risk should apply.

Last edited:

WhipCat

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
In the Jungle
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger Hellcat
With all the New York lawyers living in Palm Beach, I’m surprised that there isn’t a ‘Call Saul’ billboard on the road to the track. 😂
There is douchebag lawyer who sponsors the racetrack. And he is a douchebag. Had an ex employee use him for a bullshit claim against me. Typical looking for a free lunch stuff.

If I could only catch em in a private place for a few minutes to have a talk .

hellno

3000 Posts Club
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
memphis
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 challenger hellcat
There is douchebag lawyer who sponsors the racetrack. And he is a douchebag. Had an ex employee use him for a bullshit claim against me. Typical looking for a free lunch stuff.

Stop being politically correct
You’d beat his ass and you know it lol

Marc W

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
U.S. Navy Veteran
Firefighter
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
St. George
State
UT
Country
United States
Vehicle
HFCOTM
View Images

🤫