Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Brainerd Porsche Club Track Day

TrackDay

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Great White North
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Dodge Challenger
Had some fun with the Porsche Club.

LonestarHellcat

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
State
TX
Country
United States
Great run, what software are you using to get the track and speed overlays?

Member ID
Reactions
State
NJ
Country
United States
Vehicle
Challenger
That M5 is really quick. Do you know if it's modded?

BULL

Oh NO! Not that guy!
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Weld County
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
MY16 M6 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
OP
TrackDay

TrackDay

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Great White North
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Dodge Challenger
Thread Starter #5
That M5 is really quick. Do you know if it's modded?
I found a Stage 1 kit that is a downpipe and tune for the M5 that gives it 750 hp. I know from the pebbles he kept on throwing at my car that he had some good tires. Add AWD to the mix and I think we have the car I couldn't fully catch. I tried to find him after the session to compliment him on his driving but couldn't.

OP
TrackDay

TrackDay

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Great White North
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Dodge Challenger
Thread Starter #6
Great run, what software are you using to get the track and speed overlays?
I use Track Addict with an OBD Link LX reader. I have a GoPro on my helmet. To pull it all together I use Race Render.

OP
TrackDay

TrackDay

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Great White North
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Dodge Challenger
Thread Starter #7
Before too many people ask what that loud whining noise is, it's the mudder truck sound of Toyo R888R tires. :cool:

Member ID
Reactions
State
NJ
Country
United States
Vehicle
Challenger
I found a Stage 1 kit that is a downpipe and tune for the M5 that gives it 750 hp. I know from the pebbles he kept on throwing at my car that he had some good tires. Add AWD to the mix and I think we have the car I couldn't fully catch. I tried to find him after the session to compliment him on his driving but couldn't.
I forgot those badboys are AWD these days. Really surprised to see how fast it was pulling away on the straights.

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Dodge Challenger Redeye WB
Really good laps TD. Yep, those muddies are singing on high notes, but they are working well for you. I was watching the BMW, your right besides good driving, that thing is rolling quick. Was the quicker red Porsche a Cayman? If so did you see which one/yr? Did you have to join the club to run that day, or will they let us just pay for the track day? Oh, and thanks for busting that 120 mph ceiling we were talking about, you nailed it on your best lap. Gave you the Trophy and a like[woot]

BULL

Oh NO! Not that guy!
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Weld County
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
HFCOTM
View Images
Really good laps TD. Yep, those muddies are singing on high notes, but they are working well for you. I was watching the BMW, your right besides good driving, that thing is rolling quick. Was the quicker red Porsche a Cayman? If so did you see which one/yr? Did you have to join the club to run that day, or will they let us just pay for the track day? Oh, and thanks for busting that 120 mph ceiling we were talking about, you nailed it on your best lap. Gave you the Trophy and a like[woot]

Now if he only had an M6

:p

OP
TrackDay

TrackDay

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Great White North
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Dodge Challenger
Thread Starter #11
The red Porsche I signaled by was a 911 GT3. I think it was a RS, but not sure.
I think the weekend charge of $350 or so also included a temporary PCA membership, much like many SCCA events include a day membership.
Saturday weather was horrible and they only ran the short course due to safety issues on the drag strip when wet so I just kept it in the trailer.

OP
TrackDay

TrackDay

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Great White North
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Dodge Challenger
Thread Starter #12
Now if he only had an M6

:p
Had M5 and M6 all my life until this car. I'm never going back. I'll take a good automatic or a DCT from now on. This ZF8 is a blast.
I was sold on paddle shifting the first time I drove an Audi TT around 2005 with a DCT and paddles.

BULL

Oh NO! Not that guy!
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Weld County
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
HFCOTM
View Images
Had M5 and M6 all my life until this car. I'm never going back. I'll take a good automatic or a DCT from now on. This ZF8 is a blast.
I was sold on paddle shifting the first time I drove an Audi TT around 2005 with a DCT and paddles.

Well it's either tease each other about transmissions, or go to one of the other threads and argue about politics.

;)

OP
TrackDay

TrackDay

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Great White North
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Dodge Challenger
Thread Starter #14
I've seen enough memes about that Norwegian girl and climate change, that's for sure.

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
The red Porsche I signaled by was a 911 GT3. I think it was a RS, but not sure.
I think the weekend charge of $350 or so also included a temporary PCA membership, much like many SCCA events include a day membership.
Saturday weather was horrible and they only ran the short course due to safety issues on the drag strip when wet so I just kept it in the trailer.
We need to go to Dallas, my buddy has a GT3 and a Cayman. He says his meter is at an average 1.6 g. He loved the pull and especially the sound of the Redeye here when he drove it a couple of weeks ago. Would not be as much fun as that course at BIR for us. We can have our two and maybe get my old '15 to drive over too. Keep the trailer warm.

Hickster

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seminole
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Hellcat Challenger
Yepper me two. She is a well known bitch. I wood rater argue over the paddle shifter. I, myself, and me, would rater enjoy my 6 speeder. Have more control when the car responds to your needs and wants. Kinda like a cat and not a wife. Tried both and wood rather have a H/C 6 speeder.

OP
TrackDay

TrackDay

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Great White North
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Dodge Challenger
Thread Starter #17
We need to go to Dallas, my buddy has a GT3 and a Cayman. He says his meter is at an average 1.6 g. He loved the pull and especially the sound of the Redeye here when he drove it a couple of weeks ago. Would not be as much fun as that course at BIR for us. We can have our two and maybe get my old '15 to drive over too. Keep the trailer warm.
A friend of mine from Detroit is going to COTA in February for a MVP Track Time weekend. I'm not sure if I'd like that course in our cars. I was going to let him be a guinea pig. :)

OP
TrackDay

TrackDay

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Great White North
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Dodge Challenger
Thread Starter #18
Yepper me two. She is a well known bitch. I wood rater argue over the paddle shifter. I, myself, and me, would rater enjoy my 6 speeder. Have more control when the car responds to your needs and wants. Kinda like a cat and not a wife. Tried both and wood rather have a H/C 6 speeder.
With many automatics I'd agree with you, but I just slide mine over into manual mode and use the paddles in track mode. It does exactly what I want unless I'm going to overrev the engine and the shift speed is pretty darn quick.

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
A friend of mine from Detroit is going to COTA in February for a MVP Track Time weekend. I'm not sure if I'd like that course in our cars. I was going to let him be a guinea pig. :)
I have it dialed in on Real Racing 3! Ask him which configuration they will use at COTA and we can take a peek together and see what we think.
That may be worth it. Their big configuration could be interesting. Plus my bud is a member over at Cresson for grins.

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
You can have the manuals. I can do just fine with them, and I am even certified, but like TD says the ZF and a couple of others are so sweet alone, or respond very quickly to manual shifting. I'll save my left foot action. If you need something for your right hand to do besides steadying the wheel, you can use the shifter and not the paddles. I really like two hands on the wheel with full control over everything except my right foot. I am not a professional and need all the help I can get because I am crazy!