Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Balancing DR's

GNBRETT

500 Posts Club
Member ID
Reactions
City
Kingsport
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
(2) Trackhawks, RS3 Swapped Golf R, Turbo Mustang.
Tell those idiots to use black to match the rim color smh. I always bring my own box to match whatever color rim im balancing.

Just had the DR's balanced, they used 1oz weights, they only touch at the ends. I don't like the way this looks, I figure I'll pull them off and replace them wit 1/4's. Just wondering if the real racers out there think I'm doing the right thing.

View attachment 122387 View attachment 122388

fubar569

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bradford
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
What is it with all you guys and huge burnouts?
That was the one...ONE...time the tazer line lock held like it should.

Oops.
Anything less than a spin balance would be 1800s style.These days a road force balance is available, and unbeatable.

Well, as long as the operator is at least as competent as the balancer, which unfortunately isn't always the case.
MT specifically advises against roadforce for the the ET-R.

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
That was the one...ONE...time the tazer line lock held like it should.

Oops.

I had mine road forced balanced.

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
If the tire is so weak that it won't stand up to the force of the roller, or so poorly made that a road force balancing would show as a fail, I wouldn't want to drive on them. Especially not fast.

Would be interesting to know why they don't want their tire to be balanced correctly - which it apparently can be.

OP
2ndAmend

2ndAmend

1000 Posts Club
Premium Account
10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seacoast
State
NH
Country
United States
Vehicle
20HCM6 22RENBS2
Thread Starter #25
Tell those idiots to use black to match the rim color smh. I always bring my own box to match whatever color rim im balancing.
My 17's don't look anything the OEM's up front, so I'm not going to worry about weight color. Though I don't give a rat's ass on how my clothes match, I do care a lot about how the car looks, but not so much at the track. :)

OP
2ndAmend

2ndAmend

1000 Posts Club
Premium Account
10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seacoast
State
NH
Country
United States
Vehicle
20HCM6 22RENBS2
Thread Starter #26
I am doing something new with this balance. I had the wheels balanced without the tires, then rebalanced after mounting the tires. White weights for the wheels, and I ordered black 1/4oz weights for the tires. This way if they ever spin, I can move the black "tire weights" without having to take them back in for rebalance.

Of course, I started this after I figured out how to keep them from spinning! Previous mounting (when the dealer damaged the old wheels and tore up the tires), they slipped about 60deg after 3 runs!!!! The new shop, even though they used the 1oz weights, worked with me to get them mounted exactly the way I wanted and after 8 10sec passes, they did not move or leak!