Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Another great day at the track New PB 3 times. Settled for 10.421@130.98. Update with a video

moparjim

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Vaudreuil
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
On the way to the track I weighed the car at the dot scales. They were closed but they leave it on so trucks can check their weights.
The car weighed just 4570 lbs.🙀
1st pass 10.427 so better than last weeks PB by .001. LOL
Then a couple 10.43's. Let the car cool longer and 10.426 so better by the same .001. Lunch break then 1st pass 10.421. This was followed by 3 more runs in the 10.43's. The 2nd to last pass the car had cooled longer and was on a run like the others. Until just after the 1/8 when it suddenly lost traction and attempted to change direction like a mistang. That was an exhilarating 11.04 second run. LOL
The Corvette that had run before me had a failure of sorts that put coolant on the track. Apparently I found it. And another reason I don't turn everything off with the SRT button.
It was great meeting up with @French cat again as well as meeting @motorhead.
Here are the runs from today
From 1st to last. 20191026_165900.jpg
20191026_181518.jpg

Last edited:

motorhead

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Ottawa
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2019 Challenger HC Widebody
Great meeting you too Jim. Mind blowing how many Hellcats there are in the area.

Maybe we should have fogged down your engine with my un(der)-used nitrous? Coulda got that 10.39 - LOL

OP
moparjim

moparjim

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Vaudreuil
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
Thread Starter #3
Great meeting you too Jim. Mind blowing how many Hellcats there are in the area.

Maybe we should have fogged down your engine with my un(der)-used nitrous? Coulda got that 10.39 - LOL
LOL. There were 3 others I would have thought would be there that didn't show.

Oh sure now you think of that. 😀
Thanks for coming down. Next time your coming I'm putting a spare relay in my bag. LOL
I probably should just bring one anyway so that I never need one.😉

Frenchcat

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
t-r
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Same here for me guys, that was great to see you again @moparjim and meet you @motorhead and please excuse my poor english speaking... I so love to grow up in an english community, I could post more often:(

Demon1

500 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Naples
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Dodge Demon
Congrats @moparjim! Nothing wrong with incremental improvements. Great work! I'm glad that little surprise didn't turn into a big surprise.

tkracing1

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bay Area
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 challenger
Same here for me guys, that was great to see you again @moparjim and meet you @motorhead and please excuse my poor english speaking... I so love to grow up in an english community, I could post more often:(
Please don't let bad English deter you from posting... it's better than mine.

tkracing1

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bay Area
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 challenger
Congrats Jim!!

OP
moparjim

moparjim

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Vaudreuil
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
Thread Starter #8
Congrats @moparjim! Nothing wrong with incremental improvements. Great work! I'm glad that little surprise didn't turn into a big surprise.
Thanks Demon1. I stopped changing things at the line. Basically did the same every pass. The 10.43 passes were result of a little less cooldown or a longer line on staging.
Still the car was pretty consistent.
That surprise could have been big quite easily. I always leave the stability control on and I'm glad I do. It may have helped or not. But it sure didn't hurt to have it on.

SilverBillet

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
The Villages
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Jeep GC 5.7 TrailHawk
You should be winning money with those super consistent times...especially if you can get some more .05 reaction times! You are dialed in! No improvement necessary. Thumbs up!

Bowtie Guy

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Amherstburg
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
Beer Mobile
Please don't let bad English deter you from posting... it's better than mine.
It don t stop Hickster LMAO

motorhead

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Ottawa
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
Only if you excuse my barely functional French, @Frenchcat. Great meeting you too!

BULL

Oh NO! Not that guy!
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Weld County
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
MY16 M6 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images

We have some members that speak drunken English. I need a translator to understand what they are saying.

OP
moparjim

moparjim

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Vaudreuil
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
Thread Starter #13
You should be winning money with those super consistent times...especially if you can get some more .05 reaction times! You are dialed in! No improvement necessary. Thumbs up!
Thanks. Oddly the 2 races I either won or won money in this year were heads up with a pro tree. So consistency wasn't as important as bracket racing. Last week I made it to semi finals and lost to the track champ so not bad. It has been a great year. Far exceeded my expectations and goals for the capabilities of the car. Yesterday my slowest time was a goal I didn't know if I could reach.
I believe I entered 5 races and did really well in 3 of them. Hopefully the weather holds off and I can get out once in the great air and see what this can do.
Next year I probably will try to bracket race a little more.
Then it maybe time for a tune.

Demon1

500 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Naples
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Dodge Demon
It don t stop Hickster LMAO
I’m still not sure what language Hickster speaks and I’m a hick from the South. I remember going to Dollywood with the kids years ago and heard a family talking. They must have been from the backwoods of Kentucky or some strange land because I couldn’t understand a damn thing they were saying. And I can understand Swamp People. :ROFLMAO:

Demon1

500 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Naples
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Dodge Demon
Thanks Demon1. I stopped changing things at the line. Basically did the same every pass. The 10.43 passes were result of a little less cooldown or a longer line on staging.
Still the car was pretty consistent.
That surprise could have been big quite easily. I always leave the stability control on and I'm glad I do. It may have helped or not. But it sure didn't hurt to have it on.
Smart man!

hellno

3000 Posts Club
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
memphis
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 challenger hellcat
Great job Jim (y), I may have to take you up in that leaving the traction control on as well it’s always been in my head what’s lying about mid track

OP
moparjim

moparjim

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Vaudreuil
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
Thread Starter #17
Great job Jim (y), I may have to take you up in that leaving the traction control on as well it’s always been in my head what’s lying about mid track
Thanks hellno. Just to be clear traction in Sport so that the stability control is still on.
While it shouldn't make a difference in street if you are hooking. If you aren't it can be hard on axles.
But stability control can be your friend.

hellno

3000 Posts Club
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
memphis
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 challenger hellcat
Only thing I leave in street is suspension I have everything else in track mode

OP
moparjim

moparjim

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Vaudreuil
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
Thread Starter #19
Only thing I leave in street is suspension I have everything else in track mode
Tract mode traction. Diminishes the stability control and adds in some traction control.
Sport takes out the traction control and leaves full stability control.
So that is why I use sport for traction. Just for some added insurance for those times the car thinks its a mustang. That seems to always happen after the 1/8 around 110 moh or so. 😮

motorhead

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Ottawa
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
Oh sure now you think of that. 😀
I was busy eating my emotions... you saw that.

Thanks for coming down. Next time your coming I'm putting a spare relay in my bag. LOL
I probably should just bring one anyway so that I never need one.😉
No problem, I loved having 4 hours of teeth rattling seat time in the family car; and I am in the process of planning out a relay board for the nitrous. And a gear swap. And pricing a blower.

I think I have a problem.