Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

After Market ECU - FuelTech = Drag Racing

ostmike

Vendor
7 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Portersville
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Hellcat
Holley is coming out in 2024 with a plug-n-play system that will also control the factory 8-speed, is what I was told by Holley, will see when it gets here.
I do not believe the Holley system will control the 8HPxx.
The Holley plug-n-play for the Gen3 Hemi I have seen tested locally still requires HPtuners to control the TCM.

Tuckerracing

Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Whitehouse
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
The Holley plug-n-play for the Gen3 Hemi I have seen tested locally still requires HPtuners to control the TCM.
Mike, i did not get all the details on it but I figure there is always more to it than they lead on, lol

Boris

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Northern
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Rammer
There have been several questions and/or comments about after market drag racing ECU.

If you want to start really racing your car and want to start moving the needle (figuratively speedometer) lol

You'll need an after market ECU. We use FuelTech's FT600, their wiring harnesses and sensors for one reason and one reason only. Almost every winner uses FuelTech for it's second to none traction control, easy to read display, easy to make small corrections and lightest weight ECU & display combined into one unit. We've priced other ECU and their wiring kits & sensors and the price are higher or almost comparable with FuelTech.

Using FuelTech...we get to load "5" maps (which are tunes) on the ECU before we start racing. Once you do your burnout, backup and understand the track's sticky or not conditions. Stop the car and reload a new tune in less than a minute. No stopping the car, pulling up your laptop or shutting the car off and loading a new tune in either the engine and/or transmission in 4 to 5 minutes. And god forbid if you loss internet connection or your laptop crashes in the middle of loading and locking up your factory ECU and your race day is over with and weeks downtime getting a new ECU or flashing your old one.

With FuelTech none of those worries. Just press a button and bam...car reloads a new tune for engine and transmission.

We have 5 tunes loaded...#1 being on kill, down to number #5, which means it's going to be a soft launch and overall much slower pass.

Btw, NO MORE laptops in the car logging. The FT600 ECU does all that for you. Stores five tunes and logs and stores your passes. And no more downloading and emailing your log to the tuner. With FuelTech, your tuner logs into the ECU remotely and makes adjustments, saves the tune and bam...you're right back racing!

Even people without a tuners background and training can read the logs, discuss with your tuner and see what's going on with the car.

Btw, FuelTech logs and makes adjustments by the millisecond and not some guess game adjusting maps. FuelTech tunes to real time data.

View attachment 123537

Look at the winner circles for events from Promods, Street Outlaws NPK and Street Racing, to Outlaw series, LDRP, World Cup Small Tire and down to local track big tire and small tire events..etc..etc... Which ECU are they winning with?

http://instagr.am/p/Czl-qUjLrTX/
Interesting.

I was looking at buying a Dominator/Terminator or Fuel Tech. I like that Fuel Tech isn't a large corporation either and might actually have some customer service vs Holley. I am really starting to hate calling Holley

Hatermkr

1000 Posts Club
Firefighter
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
West bend
State
WI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 helldemon
Interesting.

I was looking at buying a Dominator/Terminator or Fuel Tech. I like that Fuel Tech isn't a large corporation either and might actually have some customer service vs Holley. I am really starting to hate calling Holley
I have a motec in my Buick. Can’t get any better

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
Does Haltech make a setup?

Jon-MooredPerformanceLLC

Vendor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Martin
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Dodge Challenger Hellcat
There is a kit to make it work. Drawing a blank on the kit name I’ve had it used on two cars I’ve done. I remember the owners name but not the company. I’ll have to go back and look through my email for the company name.

Tuckerracing

Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Whitehouse
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
Was it the “Sound German Automotive” one maybe? There are a couple other ones out there I am just not real familiar with them.

There is a kit to make it work. Drawing a blank on the kit name I’ve had it used on two cars I’ve done. I remember the owners name but not the company. I’ll have to go back and look through my email for the company name.

Jon-MooredPerformanceLLC

Vendor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Martin
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
Was it the “Sound German Automotive” one maybe? There are a couple other ones out there I am just not real familiar with them.
Yes it was I’ve done two cars with their kit this year.

GNBRETT

500 Posts Club
Member ID
Reactions
City
Kingsport
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
(2) Trackhawks, RS3 Swapped Golf R, Turbo Mustang.

Jon-MooredPerformanceLLC

Vendor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Martin
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
Why u gotta post shit like this smfh..... Like I havnt spent enough money this year smh. Does it matter which stand alone one uses or will his setup work with any of them?
Guys name is Russell. Does not matter the computer. Runs the transmission off its own controller.

Unholy707

5000 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orlando
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Dodge Challenger Hellcat
I just sant
FUEL TECH AND HOLLY ARE DEFINITLEY A GOOD CHOICE WHEN WANTING TO GO TO A 7 SECOND CAR CONSISTANTLY ,AS WELL AS CHANGING THE DRIVETRAIN TRANSMISSION TO DIFFERENTIAL FOR DURABILITY OF COURSE,,,, BUT 98 PERCENT ON THIS FORUM WILL NOT GO TO THAT EXREME BECAUSE THEY STILL WANT TO STREET THE CAR AND DONT WANT TO SINK 100,000 PLUS DOLLARS TO DO IT AND THAT WOULD ONLY BE THE BEGINNING OF THE MONEY IT TAKES BECAUSE EVEN WITH THE BEST AVIALBLE AND BEST TECHS DOING THE WORK SHIT WILL STILL FAIL. BECAUSE ITS JUST PART OF THE GAME ,LOOK AT THE DRAG PAKS ,IF YOUR GOING THE COMPETE WITH THOSE GUYS YOUR MOST LIKLEY GOING TO BE REFRESHING THE MOTOR EVERY 20 RUNS OR SO ,IM ONE TO ADMIT I MYSELF WITH JUST WHAT I WAS DOING WITH MY CAR WHICH WASNT NEARLY THE INVESTMENT WAS GETTING TIRED OF SOMETIMES DROPPING 5 K IN A WEEK ... I CANT FIT INTO THE BIG BOY PANTS THATS REQUIRED TO STAY IN IT , MOTORS AND MOTORS AND MOTORS AND EVEN THE BEST HAVE MOTORS COME APART
I just want 8s, man

Unholy707

5000 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orlando
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Dodge Challenger Hellcat
Yep, they’ve been in the game for a while, all you need is their TCM module and and ESM
Guys name is Russell. Does not matter the computer. Runs the transmission off its own controller.

Marc W

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
U.S. Navy Veteran
Firefighter
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
St. George
State
UT
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Dodge Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
I just sant

I just want 8s, man
You don’t need to do any of this to run 8’s anymore. A stock HC engine properly tuned with e85 and the 3.0 on it will run 8.90. Did it just last week. 84B918F9-2CEC-4EC7-BC9D-2CE7E1147ECC.jpeg

ostmike

Vendor
7 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Portersville
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Hellcat
You don’t need to do any of this to run 8’s anymore. A stock HC engine properly tuned with e85 and the 3.0 on it will run 8.90. Did it just last week.
You don't need it to run 7's either. We did it several years ago with a stock Hellcat PCM and stock IHI 2.4 and a stock throttlebody. Obviously this wasn't in a factory weight/chassis Hellcat but wanted reiterate what Marc W. is saying - the stock PCM is pretty darn useful.

OP
Dman007

Dman007

500 Posts Club
U.S. Army Veteran
7 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Smyrna
State
GA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Charger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
Thread Starter #36
Interesting.

Oh man...I totally forgot about FuelTech support. Their tech support will work with you until your car starts and work correctly. I even told them to use my start up tune to help our community. I had them on the phone for over 10 hours one time.

OP
Dman007

Dman007

500 Posts Club
U.S. Army Veteran
7 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Smyrna
State
GA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Charger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
Thread Starter #37
How many suspension travel sensors?
I imagine they want to see the front and rear, both sides?
All four wheels.

ostmike

Vendor
7 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Portersville
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Hellcat
Does Haltech make a setup?
Haltech does make an awesome system and is what we currently run in our race Hellcat.
Support is fantastic and they will often log into your laptop and make troubleshoot as well as explain changes in detail.
We have been a Haltech dealer for several years for the Skyline GTR platform and more recently for the Gen3 Hemi.
If you are ever at an event we are racing our Hellcat at please stop by and take a look at the Haltech setup - it is an awesome product with the integrated PDM and ECU.

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
Haltech does make an awesome system and is what we currently run in our race Hellcat.
Support is fantastic and they will often log into your laptop and make troubleshoot as well as explain changes in detail.
We have been a Haltech dealer for several years for the Skyline GTR platform and more recently for the Gen3 Hemi.
If you are ever at an event we are racing our Hellcat at please stop by and take a look at the Haltech setup - it is an awesome product with the integrated PDM and ECU.
I will.

fumanchu182

3000 Posts Club
Vendor
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Pasadena
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger SRT Hellcat
I agree the stock PCM is very capable. I am looking forward to the Hellcrate PCM paired with my TH400. There are no transmission tables and no torque management nannies. Also no emission nannies to. Of course these can be turned off on a stock PCM for race applications if you know which places to look.

I think a lot of the thing with Holley is the first to market. However once again Hemi's get left in the dust. Aftermarket support for the 4l80 and 6r for transmission meanwhile the ZF is crickets.

Also a grip with Holley is the closed source. We have ample evidence of them shipping Hellcrate engines with holley dominators but won't tell anyone how to control the 2.4 IHI BPV. I've asked repeatedly and it seems I'm not cool enough to know so Hellcrate it is.