Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

After Market ECU - FuelTech = Drag Racing

OP
Dman007

Dman007

500 Posts Club
U.S. Army Veteran
7 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Smyrna
State
GA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Charger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
Thread Starter #41
I agree the stock PCM is very capable. I am looking forward to the Hellcrate PCM paired with my TH400. There are no transmission tables and no torque management nannies. Also no emission nannies to. Of course these can be turned off on a stock PCM for race applications if you know which places to look.

I think a lot of the thing with Holley is the first to market. However once again Hemi's get left in the dust. Aftermarket support for the 4l80 and 6r for transmission meanwhile the ZF is crickets.

Also a grip with Holley is the closed source. We have ample evidence of them shipping Hellcrate engines with holley dominators but won't tell anyone how to control the 2.4 IHI BPV. I've asked repeatedly and it seems I'm not cool enough to know so Hellcrate it is.
FuelTech controls my TH400 brilliantly as well as all the other transmissions. That's why they are number #1 in racing.

GNBRETT

500 Posts Club
Member ID
Reactions
City
Kingsport
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
(2) Trackhawks, RS3 Swapped Golf R, Turbo Mustang.
Have u had much luck tuning any Fueltech stuff? I like the remote tuning option.

Guys name is Russell. Does not matter the computer. Runs the transmission off its own controller.

OP
Dman007

Dman007

500 Posts Club
U.S. Army Veteran
7 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Smyrna
State
GA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Charger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
Thread Starter #43
Have u had much luck tuning any Fueltech stuff? I like the remote tuning option.
I ask my tuner - Nicolas all of the time, what are you doing, what are you looking at...he tries to teach as much as he can. I can make small adjustments to the fuel and timing.

But next year, I'm going to FuelTech tuner's class.

FuelTech has not sent out the training class days for 2024: https://education.fueltech.net/coming-soon

GNBRETT

500 Posts Club
Member ID
Reactions
City
Kingsport
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
(2) Trackhawks, RS3 Swapped Golf R, Turbo Mustang.
Nice! Sounds like a great idea actually thanx.

I ask my tuner - Nicolas all of the time, what are you doing, what are you looking at...he tries to teach as much as he can. I can make small adjustments to the fuel and timing.

But next year, I'm going to FuelTech tuner's class.

FuelTech has not sent out the training class days for 2024: https://education.fueltech.net/coming-soon