Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

840HP Mode

MaxCarnage

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Spokane Valley
State
WA
Country
United States
Vehicle
19' Redeye
HFCOTM
View Images
I will share this here and will help update when we know more.

Hemituner and Tim Barth have been working together for some time in an effort to bring some Demon features over to the Redeye. Those features include things like drag mode, and the HO button that would enable a separate tune with the click of a button (just like the demon has). Eventually once this is completed you can have a pump gas mode and a HO mode of your choosing (E85/Race gas). Their will also be packages for different pullies and such as well.

Right now Hemituner is working on making sure their are no bugs with anything before they start offering this product. So if you are interested in this, you will have to be very patient!

Here are some pictures of them putting these options on a Redeye:

RE840HP.jpg DragMode.jpg

Felt

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Philadelphia
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Redeye Challenger
Thanks! I been following this as well on the old site.

DFW_Redeye

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Dallas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Hellcat Redeye Widebody
Yes, they made their announcement and got us all excited then....CRICKETS!

Frenchcat

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
t-r
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
I went to the shop of AJ Hemituner performance 1 month ago and seems to be overworked. Also, he has traveled throughout your country to serve clients in their hometown. Over the time, I realized that in the spring, summer and fall that most of the Tuners based in the northern United States and here in Canada must work very hard to make the company profitable, they have to ring the cash at this time because the winter is quieter for them and that's where they can do costly for them R&D. For my part, I think it will be worthwhile to be patient. Time will say:coffee:;)

OP
MaxCarnage

MaxCarnage

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Spokane Valley
State
WA
Country
United States
Vehicle
19' Redeye
HFCOTM
View Images
Thread Starter #5
Yes, they made their announcement and got us all excited then....CRICKETS!
Hemituner said a bit ago that this will take awhile. He won't release it, until he feels it's 100% ready. He is also working it all by himself. If you are in a hurry for something, this isn't for you.

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Dodge Challenger Redeye WB
The longer it takes and the longer it takes for others to check it out, just means the longer I can have a warranty.

HELLB3NT

Founding Member
10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Oakville
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2022 Dodge Challenger SRT Widebody Jailbreak
It's going to be awesome-sauce once its real.

OP
MaxCarnage

MaxCarnage

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Spokane Valley
State
WA
Country
United States
Vehicle
19' Redeye
HFCOTM
View Images
Thread Starter #8
Okay guys it looks like it's ready! Get ahold of Tim Barth and @Hemituner for this, looks awesome!

Directly from Tim Barth off FB:

"We are happy to announce that our HO upgrade for 2018 and up Challenger both Hellcat and Redeye. Our Kit includes the Following

1) Custom HO Enabled Unlocked PCM-Diablo Compatible

2) Custom Programmed BCM to match your cars options

3) Demon Centerstack with HO button
4) Hemituner Edition Tazer
5) Hemituner Gateway Bypass Cable
Price for the Kit with a New PCM is $1799 or for $1399 you can send your PCM in and we will install our programming. Price includes Shipping in the US. All PCM's include a stock calibration with custom mapping for 100 Octane Custom Barth/Hemituner calibrations are also available as an upgrade as well. Please PM or Email us with any questions.
Opting for the new PCM ensures no p1400 stores in the factory BCM.
This package can also be coupled with a litens 3.17 clutched pulley and no additional tuning is required.
For those whom have a current pump gas/ race gas tune from us , we can incorporate your tunes into this package and you eliminate the need to swap tunes for your two fuels. This will also work for people utilizing a e54/e70 tune with an E85/ignite tune.
I have a few demons on ignite e90 and we utilize this option for nitrous as well. The options are unlimited on how this package can be used to avoid having to change tunes using your diablo. The high octane mode will disable and revert to non HO if the octane level isn’t correct, so this adds a very nice safety factory to your car when running different fuels or nitrous."

motorhead

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Ottawa
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2019 Challenger HC Widebody
That is pretty trick.

DFW_Redeye

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Dallas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Hellcat Redeye Widebody
Pricing seems very reasonable!(y)(y)(y)

hellno

3000 Posts Club
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
memphis
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 challenger hellcat
Boo hoo doesn’t include my 2016 hellcat ☹️

Member ID
Reactions
City
Manville
State
NJ
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Dodge Challenger Hellcat Redeye widebody
The factory engineered 840 Demon race gas tune is something I may be interested in...I do not want to ever do any physical mods to my car except tire a change to drag radial and skinnies...My goal is 9.85 in prime air at Atco NJ...That will be it...I do not need anymore and want to avoid getting kicked for no cage..Just want that ability to pop a high 9 once in a while.

OP
MaxCarnage

MaxCarnage

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Spokane Valley
State
WA
Country
United States
Vehicle
19' Redeye
HFCOTM
View Images
Thread Starter #13
In somewhat related news Tim Barth has just made true flex fuel happen. You can run a pnp harness with a flex sensor, and the car will scale both power and fuel (etc) according to how much ethanol content you have in the car! This will provide a lot more safety for you pump E85 guys in case you get a bad batch of E and don't see it the car will and it will adjust for it! Also you will be able to read the ethanol content on your dash!! Pricing coming soon! Flex will be available for all years, chargers, challengers and trackhawks!

He is also working on boost bleeding with the black key, and when that works it should allow you guys who want to go very fast to not have to swap pulleys all the time for a pump/race setup. Run 1 pulley all the time, and the car will bleed boost for the pump setup. This is still a work in progress.

I'm enjoying all these new options that are made available for our cars. Looking forward to a pump gas/flex (HO mode) setup!

Quoted directly from Tim Barth off of FB:

"True flex fuel is working! Thanks to the Jeremy Satera @ Satera tuning and his dedication to seeing this year long development process through!

This isn’t done using anticipated logic like the current flex fuel options out there. This incorporates an actual sensor and the car transitions from pump gas to e85 like a true flex car should.

Couple this with AJ Berge’s HO package and you have the ultimate setup for your vehicle!

Black key boost bleed is somewhat working too, there is more work to be done on that before it’s released. Once that is finished, you will not have to change pulley’s on your car to transition from pump gas and 14 psi to e85 and big boost 😁
Jeremy has done a fantastic job developing this to work with the factory pcm and a true flex fuel sensor. The fuel and timing transition perfectly based on the amount of alcohol content or lack of.
This will be and exclusive package only provided through Jeremy Satera, AJ Berge and Barth tuning.
Pricing will be released soon. We will have a video posted soon showing it transition from pump gas to alcohol flawlessly.
This will be available for 392 cars, hellcats, demons and track hawks!"

motorhead

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Ottawa
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
So, someone figured out how to turn on the Flex Fuel function in the tune, and determined which ECM pins to add wires (and a native sensor to connect) to? Excellent option for sure. But, hardly ground breaking in the grand scheme of things.

Using the bypass valve as a wastegate is also not a ground breaking concept on a supercharge. I installed a wastegate on the charge pipe in my TBSS and can set various boost levels/curves if desired. Again, a really nice option. But, keep things in perspective about the techniques and technology in play here.

It's not witchcraft, and the vast majority of provisions already exist in the car as delivered. Fortunately someone put in the seat-time.

OP
MaxCarnage

MaxCarnage

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Spokane Valley
State
WA
Country
United States
Vehicle
19' Redeye
HFCOTM
View Images
Thread Starter #15
So, someone figured out how to turn on the Flex Fuel function in the tune, and determined which ECM pins to add wires (and a native sensor to connect) to? Excellent option for sure. But, hardly ground breaking in the grand scheme of things.

Using the bypass valve as a wastegate is also not a ground breaking concept on a supercharge. I installed a wastegate on the charge pipe in my TBSS and can set various boost levels/curves if desired. Again, a really nice option. But, keep things in perspective about the techniques and technology in play here.

It's not witchcraft, and the vast majority of provisions already exist in the car as delivered. Fortunately someone put in the seat-time.
The hellcat has been out since 15" and from my understanding no one has made a true flex setup until now for our cars. How many people have blown up their E85 cars because they either forgot to or don't test ethanol content? This will surely help with that. Might not be ground breaking to you, but this is exiting news for a lot of people (including myself). I appreciate pretty much any added aftermarket advancements no matter how little or small on our platforms. Having more options is far better than having less. Sorry your not impressed by this, but I am and felt the need to share it with others looking for a flex setup.

motorhead

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Ottawa
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
The hellcat has been out since 15" and from my understanding no one has made a true flex setup until now for our cars. How many people have blown up their E85 cars because they either forgot to or don't test ethanol content? This will surely help with that. Might not be ground breaking to you, but this is exiting news for a lot of people (including myself). I appreciate pretty much any added aftermarket advancements no matter how little or small on our platforms. Having more options is far better than having less. Sorry your not impressed by this, but I am and felt the need to share it with others looking for a flex setup.
It's not that I don't appreciate the effort (the company offering it or you for highlighting it), it just strikes me as odd it took so long to figure it out and bring it to market - and pretend like it is big news. In the half dozen times I've opened HP Tuners and looked at a Hellcat tune it was all right there staring me in the face.

Again, it is awesome - but it isn't like someone wrote a custom OS to achieve it. So, with a pinout diagram, a few parts, and HP Tuners anyone should be able to activate it.

OP
MaxCarnage

MaxCarnage

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Spokane Valley
State
WA
Country
United States
Vehicle
19' Redeye
HFCOTM
View Images
Thread Starter #17
It's not that I don't appreciate the effort (the company offering it or you for highlighting it), it just strikes me as odd it took so long to figure it out and bring it to market - and pretend like it is big news. In the half dozen times I've opened HP Tuners and looked at a Hellcat tune it was all right there staring me in the face.

Again, it is awesome - but it isn't like someone wrote a custom OS to achieve it. So, with a pinout diagram, a few parts, and HP Tuners anyone should be able to activate it.
I know there has been some ECU changes around 18'. I don't know what obstacles had to be figured out in order to get this to work, I'm just glad someone finally got it working. This will be done with Diablo btw, not HP Tuners. I'm sure others will follow suit eventually as well. I'm going to wait and see how it works, then move to do it myself. Not a fan of being the first person (or the first few) to do something new lol.

motorhead

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Ottawa
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
I know there has been some ECU changes around 18'. I don't know what obstacles had to be figured out in order to get this to work, I'm just glad someone finally got it working. This will be done with Diablo btw, not HP Tuners. I'm sure others will follow suit eventually as well. I'm going to wait and see how it works, then move to do it myself. Not a fan of being the first person (or the first few) to do something new lol.
It should be seamless since FF is a factory option from Dodge in the police cars IIRC. Diablo or HPTuners shouldn't matter... Diablo is just a canned read/write device. I can say that having native FF is an awesome thing, it was great to have in my TBSS until they took our one E85 pump away.

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
If only they offered this with HPT sigh.

I've not heard of folks blowing their cars up on flex tuning in current form for not testing E85. That was kinda the point right? To not have to test it and it just transition from E85 all the way down to 93? What am I missing.

Talking to Curt, GM is the only manufacturer that uses a sensor to determine flex fuel alcohol content. The rest use oxygen sensors according to him.

I've not used either, so I don't know which is better. Seeing alcohol content on the dash gauges would be nice though.

I may play with some of this stuff next year, with HPTuners of course.

hellno

3000 Posts Club
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
memphis
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 challenger hellcat
I had straight e85 in mine while at beach bend and Clay City , I leave mine I FF til I see it reading 80 percent then change to my e85 tune but I checked it in FF mode and it reads 85 percent , curt said it would be within 10-15 percent either way but mine appears to read it correctly