Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

3.8 whipple

GNBRETT

500 Posts Club
Member ID
Reactions
City
Kingsport
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
(2) Trackhawks, RS3 Swapped Golf R, Turbo Mustang.
The dude over at RSPV in Marland says he was trying to get a brushless one made thats drop in. Something like what was used in an R8 or something cant remember what he said exactly but if would fit ur goal cause hes looking to make 2200 hp with his Trackhawk this year with TT's.

Interesting. Maybe they were just pissed at KB 😂 That’s all so far behind me I can hardly remember. I have the Aeromotive brushless now and about to outgrow that 😣

16GoManGoHC2

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Nanticoke
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger He’ll Cat
Will be going with the triple pump setup; in case I want to grow at all later. RGPIII is correct. Going with 4" pulley for the 93-octane tune and 3.4 for the race gas which will be Q16. Will be running 1340 injectors. I'm in the trucking industry and we buy a lot of diesel, so I get a decent deal on a drum of Q16. The E85 out by me is suspect, I have a drum of X85 I'm running in the car right now, which isn't often as the weather sucks. Appreciate the heads up on Spark Plugs and O2 Sensors.
A Whipple 3.875” is the biggest pulley Whipple says will fit on the 3.8, any bigger hits the snout which is already recessed for the 3.875. I had their 3.875 for my 3.8 and it was tight to the snout.

Unholy707

5000 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orlando
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Dodge Challenger Hellcat
E
I was about to order a 3 inch diameter pulley, the advice is very much appreciated, I might be getting old, driving 12 hours to the event to break it on the 1st or 2nd pass is hmmmmmmm. I heard the failure rate is 75%, not sure how whipple stays in business if that is the failure rate.

FYI- my understanding is that Kenny Bell got bought out and that is why there is no new stuff coming from them.
Everything from KB was billet and had a liquid cooled supercharger case. Shame they got bought

Unholy707

5000 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orlando
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
With their 4.5 (also 🗑️) I had to run their 5” pulley to slow it down. 4.25 was my party pulley
A Whipple 3.875” is the biggest pulley Whipple says will fit on the 3.8, any bigger hits the snout which is already recessed for the 3.875. I had their 3.875 for my 3.8 and it was tight to the snout.

jonx96

4000 Posts Club
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Small town
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger Redeye
Interesting equation from a cost standpoint. The E85/426 with a 3.8 Whipple combination is starting to require injectors that are not going work with pump gas to drive on the street. At some point the injectors needed for 1500hp ethanol motors are too big for pump gas. Does anybody have that combination running on the street with pump gas using 2150 or bigger injectors? Also…. Interesting side on injectors. Everybody is looking at ID and FIC injectors. You all know that they are Bosch injectors with pixie dust sprinkled to double the price. Right? We use the same Bosch injectors with the same flow match pixie dust from FIVE0 Motorsport Injectors in California. 2200cc at 45 psi - 2550cc at 58 psi. Do the math. A set of eight is $1400. View attachment 133212 View attachment 133213 View attachment 133214
My personal car has been rolling on around on the street on 93 pump and 2150s. More as just a test. So far so good. @vortecd went for an hour ride with me

GNBRETT

500 Posts Club
Member ID
Reactions
City
Kingsport
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
I seen a 2010 GT500 with a BES racing stroker motor 5.8 Liter put done 1430 whp with a Kenney Bell on a MUSTANG DYNO. 4.3 or 4.5 cant remember It was a stick shift but still geeeez... I didnt know they got bought out. They were still running hot even with the liquid intercooler tho. They look so badass tho!

Really sux we still only have ONE manufacture to choose from. I think Whipple will be the only game in town for a while. I mean they are making money hand over fist by cornering the Hellcat market which means they have even more money for R&D.

I built my truck to handle the next (3) whipples lol.... Then ill be tapped out likely.

E

Everything from KB was billet and had a liquid cooled supercharger case. Shame they got bought

GNBRETT

500 Posts Club
Member ID
Reactions
City
Kingsport
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
Were u able to make any power with it or is it just to get around if E85 is not available. Dam E85 pump closes at 10pm here cock suckers smh so there are times I wish I could run some 93 octane in there to get home if I cant get E85.

My personal car has been rolling on around on the street on 93 pump and 2150s. More as just a test. So far so good. @vortecd went for an hour ride with me

fubar569

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bradford
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
ID'S right?

I am paying very close attention to this. For reasons.

cole3986

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
8 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lawrenceville
State
NJ
Country
United States
Vehicle
Hellcat, Demon, Trackhawk and project X,
I seen a 2010 GT500 with a BES racing stroker motor 5.8 Liter put done 1430 whp with a Kenney Bell on a MUSTANG DYNO. 4.3 or 4.5 cant remember It was a stick shift but still geeeez... I didnt know they got bought out. They were still running hot even with the liquid intercooler tho. They look so badass tho!

Really sux we still only have ONE manufacture to choose from. I think Whipple will be the only game in town for a while. I mean they are making money hand over fist by cornering the Hellcat market which means they have even more money for R&D.

I built my truck to handle the next (3) whipples lol.... Then ill be tapped out likely.
This go fast disease is costly, its also putting me in the poor house

RGPIII

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bridgeville
State
DE
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
I've been told HHP has a 4 inch pulley that works with them. I have not personally seen it.

RGPIII

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bridgeville
State
DE
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
The dude over at RSPV in Marland says he was trying to get a brushless one made thats drop in. Something like what was used in an R8 or something cant remember what he said exactly but if would fit ur goal cause hes looking to make 2200 hp with his Trackhawk this year with TT's.
I assume James is talking about the ID brushless kit that they use in the R8's. Radium makes the hats for them. they make one for the mustangs too. the ID brushless is good to 2000HP per their description.

Member ID
Reactions
City
Athens
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Hellcat Challenger Redeye

GNBRETT

500 Posts Club
Member ID
Reactions
City
Kingsport
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
That sounds about right ill have to go back and watch his interview but thats probably it.

I assume James is talking about the ID brushless kit that they use in the R8's. Radium makes the hats for them. they make one for the mustangs too. the ID brushless is good to 2000HP per their description.

Jon-MooredPerformanceLLC

Vendor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Martin
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Dodge Challenger Hellcat
ID'S right?

FIC 2150s
Were u able to make any power with it or is it just to get around if E85 is not available. Dam E85 pump closes at 10pm here cock suckers smh so there are times I wish I could run some 93 octane in there to get home if I cant get E85.
I dont know what it makes on pump gas my gas over 900. I think at 11 degrees of timing on e85 it made around 925 or 950 @17psi stock blower

GNBRETT

500 Posts Club
Member ID
Reactions
City
Kingsport
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
So u can go full power with it? Sounds interesting.....

FIC 2150s

I dont know what it makes on pump gas my gas over 900. I think at 11 degrees of timing on e85 it made around 925 or 950 @17psi stock blower

Jon-MooredPerformanceLLC

Vendor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Martin
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Dodge Challenger Hellcat
So u can go full power with it? Sounds interesting.....
If I were to run pump gas more often I would not want to be on the 2150s full time. But yes with the right came and bigger displacement engine you can really push some hp through 93 octane
ID 1300s would be fine for me if I was never on e85.

fumanchu182

3000 Posts Club
Vendor
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Pasadena
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger SRT Hellcat
Marc,

You sold me, what model number are the 2200 cc injectors? The photo you posted? I get screwed up on the terminals and needed voltage for the correct injectors (I don't want to order the wrong ones).
I have reviewed these injectors: https://www.fiveomotorsport.com/fuel-injectors/2200-bosch-64mm-usa-asian-fit/#additional

There is no published data on them for the Hellcat so using them with a stock PCM will be iffy. There is a chart as an image for that injector but it may not extrapolate into anything useful.

In regards to dimensions/risers.
@Marc W injectors size:
1711383897080.png

Injector Dynamics
1711384006689.png

They may be just fine using rails for our platforms in mostly stock applications. @Marc W is probably going to be running custom rails cause he's a baller like that 🤣

In regards to the original injector from bosch these are know as #210 injectors. 02801588XX is the prefix for a few different variants. Truth be told all of them have one thing in common, not compatible with Q16. MBTE is present in these fuels.

Marc W

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
U.S. Navy Veteran
Firefighter
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
St. George
State
UT
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Dodge Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
I was using them with the Whipple DragPak 3.0 that you have and the Holley Dominator. Their rails also. No mods necessary there. Just out of curiosity I will ask Adam just to make sure if he’s using the FIVE0 injectors on all the injector upgrades he does using the OE computers. He apparently likes tuning them. Watching what he’s doing with my tuning, he’s never complained that they ever present any difficulties. In fact he has commented on how reliable they are. Of coarse every tuner does stuff differently.

Unholy707

5000 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orlando
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
ID'S right?

IDs flow more than an FIC of the same cc, at least that’s how it was. Feel free to comment if that’s been proven differently now