Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

FS '23 Durango Hellcat

Trader history for Jimmy N. (0)

MikeD1

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Central Florida
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
I want a Durango, lots of room
You can snag mine if you want an R/T and can act fast !

Unholy707

5000 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orlando
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Dodge Challenger Hellcat
OP
Jimmy N.

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
Thread Starter #43

MikeD1

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Central Florida
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
In my sig:
'18 Durango R/T, Vice White, Black Leather, Tow pkg, Blacktop pkg, Performance Tires, Tint, Mud flaps, Black Lugnuts, Blast'in Bob's DMF250

It’s in outstanding condition, garage kept, 3rd row folded down & never used, 2nd row, cargo area & head rests covered since new. 2nd row was used mostly to transport display materials & dogs to fund raising events. NEVER smoked or eaten in (so no smells). Front floor mats are like new as they were replaced by hard mats soon after purchase (I will be keeping the hard mats for the new car & putting the OE carpet ones back in). Exterior is flawless, no dents, scrapes, scratches or swirls – car was hand washed only. Have both FOB’s and OE pig tail for the tow brake controller. All service done @ Jenkins CDJR in Crystal River FL.

About 27,500 miles (it's my DD so the miles change). Recalls were all done & the entertasinment system was replaced due to the screen delamination issue. Replaced the battery @ 5 years just to make sure I did not get stranded somewhere.

Unholy707

5000 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orlando
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Whats
In my sig:
'18 Durango R/T, Vice White, Black Leather, Tow pkg, Blacktop pkg, Performance Tires, Tint, Mud flaps, Black Lugnuts, Blast'in Bob's DMF250

It’s in outstanding condition, garage kept, 3rd row folded down & never used, 2nd row, cargo area & head rests covered since new. 2nd row was used mostly to transport display materials & dogs to fund raising events. NEVER smoked or eaten in (so no smells). Front floor mats are like new as they were replaced by hard mats soon after purchase (I will be keeping the hard mats for the new car & putting the OE carpet ones back in). Exterior is flawless, no dents, scrapes, scratches or swirls – car was hand washed only. Have both FOB’s and OE pig tail for the tow brake controller. All service done @ Jenkins CDJR in Crystal River FL.

About 27,500 miles (it's my DD so the miles change). Recalls were all done & the entertasinment system was replaced due to the screen delamination issue. Replaced the battery @ 5 years just to make sure I did not get stranded somewhere.
the tow rating on it do you know?

MikeD1

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Central Florida
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
Whats

the tow rating on it do you know?
7400 lbs btw, it has a full sized spare, the new ones come with the shitty run flats & no spare :mad:

1688522263932.png

Unholy707

5000 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orlando
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
OP
Jimmy N.

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
Thread Starter #48
Okay, I'm not just a basic idiot, but a complete idiot.

Asked the sales people to make sure that on this Challenger SXT the channel knob would still work when the gauges are up on the performance pages. Sure, they said.

Well, I was too busy being happy that the non-shiny brake pedal cover was in the glove box, so I can switch it back to basic rubber, and that the regular lug nuts were in the glove box so I could remove the locking ones.

Best of all, they hadn't drilled the bumper for the license plate bracket.

Got home, backed it off the trailer, turned on the performance pages, and guess what...AARGH!!
Yup, same stupid defect as on the '20 Trackhawks and the '21 SXT.

Guess I'm calling Dodge tomorrow to see if this can be fixed.Sure hope so, as I really like the car.

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
You need performance pages on an SXT?

I don't remember trying to change channels with the knob, I use the left steering wheel button to cycle through programmed channels.

OP
Jimmy N.

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
Thread Starter #50
I have wondered why they have them. But since they're there, it's nice to be able to see temperatures and pressures.

OP
Jimmy N.

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
Thread Starter #51
I don't remember trying to change channels with the knob, I use the left steering wheel button to cycle through programmed channels.
Those buttons kept me from buckling up while going past the garage and steering with my leg. Then they did work, just not as intended.

When driving, not so much. We don't have any stoplights nearby, and not a lot of straight sections of road. It's one thing to reach over to a knob that's always in the same place. Finding the correct steering wheel spoke, and then the buttons behind it, when on twisty roads can be easier said than done.

BULL

Oh NO! Not that guy!
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Weld County
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
MY16 M6 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
Those buttons kept me from buckling up while going past the garage and steering with my leg. Then they did work, just not as intended.

When driving, not so much. We don't have any stoplights nearby, and not a lot of straight sections of road. It's one thing to reach over to a knob that's always in the same place. Finding the correct steering wheel spoke, and then the buttons behind it, when on twisty roads can be easier said than done.

Literally after having 4 different Ram/Dodges (3 currently) over 20+ years since 1999, I for the life of me can never remember which side is which.... (Station vs volume)

My wife laughs at me, so you all can too, it won't hurt my feelings... much....

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
I make that same mistake but admittedly don't drive the Hellcat every day. On mine I forget which changes stations (left side) and which changes audio source (right side) all the time.

OP
Jimmy N.

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
Thread Starter #54
Literally after having 4 different Ram/Dodges (3 currently) over 20+ years since 1999, I for the life of me can never remember which side is which.... (Station vs volume)
One way to learn is to get one with the dial-a-gear "shifter" on the dash. That way you may get Reverse instead of a lower volume, or vice versa.

Unholy707

5000 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orlando
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
One way to learn is to get one with the dial-a-gear "shifter" on the dash. That way you may get Reverse instead of a lower volume, or vice versa.
I can unlock performance pages for you if you have active dampening if not you’re sol

OP
Jimmy N.

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
Thread Starter #56
I can unlock performance pages for you if you have active dampening if not you’re sol
I doubt that it has active damping, but either way, accessing the performance pages is as easy as on a real Challenger.
It's keeping the channel selector functional that is the issue.

I'm starting to wonder if it has to do with if the radio has nav or not. The '18 and '19 may have it, I dunno. But I'd think that the Trackhawks came with it. Gotta start checking the window stickers and see if there are any clues to be found.

MikeD1

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Central Florida
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
FYI - $1750 cashback has been re-uped on the DDSRT & DDHC thru 7/31 !

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
Use Bluetooth and something like pandora. This way you are listening to your choice of music 98% of the time.
You have 2 choices for the Volume. This ain't rocket science folks!!

Unholy707

5000 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orlando
State
FL
Country
United States