Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

FS '23 Durango Hellcat

Trader history for Jimmy N. (0)

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
My feeble mind has changed, again. Selling an ordered white Durango Hellcat Plus.

I have no photos to show as it's not at the dealer yet, and guess that the mileage will be between five and 18 when it arrives. It has no options beyond everything that comes with the Plus package, which currently puts it at $101,200 according to Build and Price, minus whatever incentives will be in effect next month when it shows up. MONRONEY.

Tried finding a dealer willing to trade it in on a Base model in Vapor Gray, which is what I really want but couldn't be ordered at the time, but failed. So, it's probably best to find a good home for it. It won't be driven, other than onto the trailer at the dealer, and sold with an MSO, not yet registered.

Don't want to lose any money on it, but won't add 10K-30K ADM like dealer, either. Please make me an offer.

Slowpoke387

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Somewhere
State
CT
Country
United States
Vehicle
2020 Challenger Hellcat Redeye WB
I know in many states you cannot sell with a MSO because your name will be on it. Once a name goes on it that person has to at least title it unless you are a dealer. Just an FYI.

OP
Jimmy N.

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
Thread Starter #3
Thanks, and yes I've heard of that. Hoping to get the MSO not filled in. We'll see how cooperative the dealer is.

Slowpoke387

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Somewhere
State
CT
Country
United States
Vehicle
2020 Challenger Hellcat Redeye WB
Thanks, and yes I've heard of that. Hoping to get the MSO not filled in. We'll see how cooperative the dealer is.
Almost impossible. I bought my then new 2015 SRT and talked the sales guy into just putting in my business name after it came in, which he did but a few months later we were talking and he told me that he almost got fired for it. Good luck.

OP
Jimmy N.

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
Thread Starter #5
Well, in this case I'd be dealing with the owner. He has helped me with odds and ends in the past.

Easiest for me would be to steer a potential buyer directly to the dealer, but as I recall I kinda got in trouble with the forum (the old one) over that, with a '19 Redeye. And I don't want to walk away from the order and stick the dealer with it.

That little dealership is in the wrong area for Hellcat sales, and can't afford to sit on one for long.

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
GLWS

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
If it were silver and I had 100k i would buy it:)

OP
Jimmy N.

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
Thread Starter #8
If it were silver and I had 100k i would buy it:)
You could probably have it wrapped in silver for the money saved on this one.

Come to think of it, I'm not sure you can get them in silver.

Ironically, there's one in Michigan exactly the way I'd want mine, a Base model in Vapor Gray with the Lightweight Performance Package. But they want over $108K...for a model that costs about $6K less than a Plus.

MikeD1

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Central Florida
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
You could probably have it wrapped in silver for the money saved on this one.

Come to think of it, I'm not sure you can get them in silver.

Ironically, there's one in Michigan exactly the way I'd want mine, a Base model in Vapor Gray with the Lightweight Performance Package. But they want over $108K...for a model that costs about $6K less than a Plus.
That's nuts, especially considering with that Lightweight Pkg you cannot get the tow pkg (same is true for the DDSRT's) :mad:

OP
Jimmy N.

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
Thread Starter #10
That's nuts, especially considering with that Lightweight Pkg you cannot get the tow pkg (same is true for the DDSRT's) :mad:
I like the Lightweigh Package since I have no use for a third row seat (or even a second row, really).

Same with the receiver. I'd never use it, but it and the 3rd row seat comes standard with the Plus model. Just like the sunroof, which I also don't want.

My life would've been simpler if they'd offered the Base model earlier.

MikeD1

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Central Florida
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
I like the Lightweigh Package since I have no use for a third row seat (or even a second row, really).

Same with the receiver. I'd never use it, but it and the 3rd row seat comes standard with the Plus model. Just like the sunroof, which I also don't want.

My life would've been simpler if they'd offered the Base model earlier.
I agree, I would much rather have the storage bins than the 3rd row. On my R/T I folded them down at the dealer during delivery & they have never been opened/used. The bench 2rd row is a 'must have' for me as I need to be able to get large dogs in there (some with mobility issues) and have it be a stable surface & back. I've never towed anything significant, but want to be able to hook up a small trailer to haul stuff on occasion.

Sunroof is also totally useless to me, would simply never get used.

OP
Jimmy N.

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
Thread Starter #12
If I end up keeping this car, I'll look into what the 3rd row delete consists of. I'm guessing a lid of some sort that covers the void. If so I'll pull the seat out and buy the lid.

MikeD1

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Central Florida
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
If I end up keeping this car, I'll look into what the 3rd row delete consists of. I'm guessing a lid of some sort that covers the void. If so I'll pull the seat out and buy the lid.
It's been done, more to it that you would expect & expensive to buy the parts unless you get lucky & find a wreak that has not been stripped yet.
You can search here & find threads on those that have done it with the part #'s needed: https://www.dodgedurango.net
Cars made/sold as "Pursuit vehicles" all have the 3rd row delete & bins !

2nd row seats are almost impossible as the mounting points for the bench are WAY different than the captains chairs :(

OP
Jimmy N.

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
Thread Starter #14
Thanks, MikeD1. I'll cross that bridge if I get to it.

As of last night a friend in Kentucky is interested. It'd be a bit of a road trip for him, then for both of us from here to the dealer and back.

He's business savvy enough to recognize a good deal when he sees one, and I already told him I'll be pissed when he sells it at some point and gets more than he paid for it.

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Dodge Challenger Redeye WB
Premium, 3rd row seats folded down. No extra work or cost. You won’t gain squat by eliminating the seats for cost.
IMG_6543.jpeg

OP
Jimmy N.

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
Thread Starter #16
Premium, 3rd row seats folded down. No extra work or cost. You won’t gain squat by eliminating the seats for cost.
Probably identical to the Plus, I'd think. My goal would be to lose some weight back there, maybe gain space for a spare tire or something of more use to me.

MikeD1

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Central Florida
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
View attachment 108978
Not entirely true !

You gain covered storage bins wherethe seats normally are + you ditch the captian's chairs and get the bench for the 2nd row (which is infinately more useful for many ppl).

MikeD1

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Central Florida
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
Thanks, MikeD1. I'll cross that bridge if I get to it.

As of last night a friend in Kentucky is interested. It'd be a bit of a road trip for him, then for both of us from here to the dealer and back.

He's business savvy enough to recognize a good deal when he sees one, and I already told him I'll be pissed when he sells it at some point and gets more than he paid for it.
Have to admit it's tempting, but shipping from NV to FL wouldn't be cheap. Guess I could jettison that 2nd row center console and get something made to fill the gap. Doesn't need to be fancy as it will be covered by 3 layers of seat protection anyway, has to support 100 lb dogs walking & laying on it tho.

OP
Jimmy N.

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
Thread Starter #19
It would "only" be from southern Utah, so maybe not all that bad. And I have used a transporter in the past that is both easy to work with and affordable.

My girlfriend uses WeatherTech seat covers in the rear for the hound (100+) and is happy with them.

And if the incentives for July are as good as they've been for June, they should pay for transport and then some.

MikeD1

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Central Florida
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
It would "only" be from southern Utah, so maybe not all that bad. And I have used a transporter in the past that is both easy to work with and affordable.

My girlfriend uses WeatherTech seat covers in the rear for the hound (100+) and is happy with them.

And if the incentives for July are as good as they've been for June, they should pay for transport and then some.
I have a home grown (from previous nasty experiences) 4 layer system - shelter/rescue dogs do gross stuff in your car - watery puke or poop, piss, wet/muddy feet or whole body , 'dig' .................. If I strip out all my protective gear, you'd never know a dog had been in the car, let alone trashed it ;)