Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

2021 Redeye?

DemonSRT

500 Posts Club
Donating Member
8 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Kawartha Lakes
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
Built in Canada 2018 Demon #3135
Last edited:

Stormtrooper1320

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bran
State
Non-US
Country
Romania
Vehicle
Panzerkampfwagen 150
Well..Oldgreydude...looks like I did it again stuck my foot in my mouth right up to my kneecap...Wtf...I do it so often..I sometimes get a case of athletes tongue.....well I couldn't possibly have known so no harm ..no foul...you have a lot on your plate...not only with your health..but more so your wife..thats devastating news..I wish you God's strength my friend...
shame corner.gif

Piening2150

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Toledo
State
OH
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Charger Daytona 392
All he did was install the factory supplied PCM from the Demon Crate which eliminates the 168 mph limiter like on all Demons and install a set of high speed tires to do his 211 mph run on the old space shuttle landing strip.
Ok. This particular article said he had an aftermarket tune. Didn't bother to try to verify. Regardless, an aftermarket tune on an unlocked PCM could do the same.

DemonSRT

500 Posts Club
Donating Member
8 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Kawartha Lakes
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
Built in Canada 2018 Demon #3135
Ok. This particular article said he had an aftermarket tune. Didn't bother to try to verify. Regardless, an aftermarket tune on an unlocked PCM could do the same.
That's true. A aftermarket tune can remove the limiter. But as Slowpoke387 pointed out, you would lose your warranty, while the Demon did not.

Member ID
Reactions
City
Springfield
State
MA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Hellcat Redeye
Oldgraydude . I sent you a PM

Hickster

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seminole
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Hellcat Challenger
From my understanding with the H/C extended warranty, other than air intake and exhaust. Any application of a high performance part will void the warranty. What 3 dealerships and 2 performance shops told me after reading my warranty.