Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

2021 Redeye?

oldgraydude

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Terre Haute
State
IN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger Hellcat Redeye
Ladies and gentlemen,

Does anyone know of any differences between the 2019 Redeye and the 2021 Redeye, if one were to place a new order? Have there been any upgrades? I'm having trouble figuring that out from the FCA website. I'm asking for a friend of course; I wouldn't consider trading in my 2019 RE WB.....

Thanks all and Happy Holidays!

ChargerChallenger

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mopar Nation
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
19 Challenger Hellcat Redeye 19 Charger Hellcat
I think infotainment is the only change other than colors.

DRAGRCR

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Death Valley
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Hornet
Ladies and gentlemen,

Does anyone know of any differences between the 2019 Redeye and the 2021 Redeye, if one were to place a new order? Have there been any upgrades? I'm having trouble figuring that out from the FCA website. I'm asking for a friend of course; I wouldn't consider trading in my 2019 RE WB.....

The one good thing is they divorced the Power Chiller from the Drive modes. So now you can run it any time you like. If you drag race you should go for the Super Stock. If you cruise around, road trip or road race you can get by with the normal RedEye.

Slowpoke387

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Somewhere
State
CT
Country
United States
Vehicle
2020 Challenger Hellcat Redeye WB
Very few changes. Addition of memory seating is the biggest one. Slightly larger brake rotors in the front due to a pad compound change. Nothing worth letting it change a decision from one or the other really.

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
Ladies and gentlemen,

Asking for a friend,,:unsure::unsure::unsure:..hmmm why of course...your a founding member...one of the early ones...I think DRAGRCR gave you the lowdown..now I have a question for you...with all that's gone on in the world...the auto news...the mindless chatter on here...THIS is your first and only post EVER...excuse the intrusiveness....but have you been in a coma for the past 18 months or what:unsure::unsure::unsure:...feel free to ignore the crude nature of my invasion of your space...;);)

Slowpoke387

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Somewhere
State
CT
Country
United States
Vehicle

ChargerChallenger

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mopar Nation
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
19 Challenger Hellcat Redeye 19 Charger Hellcat
OP
O

oldgraydude

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Terre Haute
State
IN
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #8
Asking for a friend,,:unsure::unsure::unsure:..hmmm why of course...your a founding member...one of the early ones...I think DRAGRCR gave you the lowdown..now I have a question for you...with all that's gone on in the world...the auto news...the mindless chatter on here...THIS is your first and only post EVER...excuse the intrusiveness....but have you been in a coma for the past 18 months or what:unsure::unsure::unsure:...feel free to ignore the crude nature of my invasion of your space...;);)
I actually have posted in the past and responded to others’ posts but you’re right about a lack of recent enthusiasm. I had major spine surgery last January which sidelined me for quite a while and in the meantime my wife of 30 years has been diagnosed with a terminal neurological illness. But it’s starting to occur to me that life will go on, and it’s on me if I just sit in a dark depression or if I still try to have some fun. And the Super Stock looks like fun! I wonder about handling vs WB RE however..... thanks to all who have responded.

DRAGRCR

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Death Valley
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Hornet
I actually have posted in the past and responded to others’ posts but you’re right about a lack of recent enthusiasm. I had major spine surgery last January which sidelined me for quite a while and in the meantime my wife of 30 years has been diagnosed with a terminal neurological illness. But it’s starting to occur to me that life will go on, and it’s on me if I just sit in a dark depression or if I still try to have some fun. And the Super Stock looks like fun! I wonder about handling vs WB RE however..... thanks to all who have responded.
Yes! Spend some of your money and have fun. Do it!

The Super Stock with the oem 315's in Sport mode will handle plenty good. I got flamed over this but I would challenge any regular Hellcat widebody on an autocross with oem tires and I will clean up. Not sure why some would think the 315 drag radial would not grip better than a 305 Pirelli in a turn? Especially an OEM Nitto. Bring it.

Slowpoke387

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Somewhere
State
CT
Country
United States
Vehicle
Yes! Spend some of your money and have fun. Do it!

The Super Stock with the oem 315's in Sport mode will handle plenty good. I got flamed over this but I would challenge any regular Hellcat widebody on an autocross with oem tires and I will clean up. Not sure why some would think the 315 drag radial would not grip better than a 305 Pirelli in a turn? Especially an OEM Nitto. Bring it.
Only thing I can think of is the lower profile on the RE 20's. Less sidewall flex in the hard turns. But yeah 315 DR's should stick.

DRAGRCR

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Death Valley
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Hornet
Only thing I can think of is the lower profile on the RE 20's. Less sidewall flex in the hard turns. But yeah 315 DR's should stick.
The Sidewall will not flex much at 32 PSI street pressures. Compare to a F1 car. They do not and never had super low profile tires that I know of.

Slowpoke387

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Somewhere
State
CT
Country
United States
Vehicle
The Sidewall will not flex much at 32 PSI street pressures. Compare to a F1 car. They do not and never had super low profile tires that I know of.
F1 cars are sitting on the ground, and I'm not sure that they weigh 4400 lbs lol. Although the loads they generate are insane so I'd have to agree somewhat. Cant really compare to F1 cars I think. Too many variables. I agree though, wider stickier tires should do the job up to a point comparatively speaking on the same cars with the same suspension, even with higher softer sidewalls.

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
Well..Oldgreydude...looks like I did it again stuck my foot in my mouth right up to my kneecap...Wtf...I do it so often..I sometimes get a case of athletes tongue.....well I couldn't possibly have known so no harm ..no foul...you have a lot on your plate...not only with your health..but more so your wife..thats devastating news..I wish you God's strength my friend...

OP
O

oldgraydude

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Terre Haute
State
IN
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #14
Well..Oldgreydude...looks like I did it again stuck my foot in my mouth right up to my kneecap...Wtf...I do it so often..I sometimes get a case of athletes tongue.....well I couldn't possibly have known so no harm ..no foul...you have a lot on your plate...not only with your health..but more so your wife..thats devastating news..I wish you God's strength my friend...
No offense taken. You probably didn’t need to know all that but I guess I was in the mood to share. And as another guy said, it’s time to spend some of the money I was saving, since the retirement we were planning on isn’t in the cards.... I’ve gotten a huge amount of enjoyment from my HC and now WB RE and the wife still loves riding in it! But the SS would be a blast at the dragstrip! Hmmm....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
No offense taken. You probably didn’t need to know all that but I guess I was in the mood to share. And as another guy said, it’s time to spend some of the money I was saving, since the retirement we were planning on isn’t in the cards.... I’ve gotten a huge amount of enjoyment from my HC and now WB RE and the wife still loves riding in it! But the SS would be a blast at the dragstrip! Hmmm....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Given FCA's history...It's my guess the SS is going to be a very formidable track car...(exceeding most buyers expectations)and a real hooligan on the street...If you have the means...go for it...take advantage of what time together you guys have...and don't be a stranger

Member ID
Reactions
City
Lafayette
State
IN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 hellcat widebody
I keep watching but not available to build yet

Member ID
Reactions
City
Lafayette
State
IN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 hellcat widebody
the 315 drag radials do fit on widebody optioned cars, not just fit but fully supported to actually plant rubber. As apposed to everyone saying I can put xyz on 123 and "it works"
yes the srt4 works in stock form too.
but 315 on widebody rims are the max supported size.

BULL

Oh NO! Not that guy!
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Weld County