Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

2020 Model Year Info

moparjim

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Vaudreuil
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
nice to see you made the leap over as well Jim:cool:
ya buddy!!! I couldn't leave you here on your own. Uh oh how the hell did I change the writing now:censored:

Slowpoke387

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Somewhere
State
CT
Country
United States
Vehicle
2020 Challenger Hellcat Redeye WB
I was told on good authority no major changes until 2022. That doesn't mean there won't be engine options I guess, but the styling at least I'm told will remain the same. We'll come back and see in 3 years I guess LOL.
By "no major changes" I take that as in platform change. Would make sense to me. Although I don't think a refresh would really fall under that category. Some may disagree. Aside from the obvious (Hellcat), 2014 to 2015 wasn't really a major styling change in the body, but the refresh was there. In a way I hope there's no refresh. The deals on a leftover, same exact style RE would be insane, and I wont have to choose between "older" styling at a steal and a newer more expensive style that may or may not be in 2020.

Slowpoke387

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Somewhere
State
CT
Country
United States
Vehicle
I thought Sept 3rd and or later was the speculation day for the big reveal since that’s supposedly the last day of the HP rebates.
Man it's almost September and not a peep yet. Bizarre to say the least. I remember in years past people were ordering in August with reveals in June. Where's the beef dammit.

thetalonguy

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Long Island
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger HC M6
It makes you wonder if there would be anything special... They leaked the Charger WB several months ago. They announced the modest "Daytona" package recently.

There were a couple of high profile Mopar events over last month and nothing to show for the Challenger. Special 50th anniversary might only be a stitching and vinyl graphic. I'm still waiting in much anticipation though.

OP
SNeal5966

SNeal5966

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Buffalo
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
'19 Scat Pack Challenger
Thread Starter #25
I sure hope its more than just vinyl and stitching...we should find out any day now...I am so sick of waiting!

Decay

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Astoria
State
OR
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 widebody Redeye
A commemorative cup holder edition.

But seriously, there should be at least some increase in horsepower.

Last edited:

WildCat

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Kakastan
State
Non-US
Country
United States
Vehicle
Hellcat
Then why havent they released any info yet? Why the super late 2020 production delay (Nov)? If there are no changes then why is everything being pushed back by months? No one has been able to logically explain why 2020 isnt business as usual yet, especially if there are no changes. Some sort of Challenger change is coming imo.
Charger sales havent historically warranted letting it shine on it’s own lol. Especially at the cost of historically higher sales for the Challenger. They're def not about to hold back on the Challenger to give a less popular model it’s time in the sun lol. It only stands to reason the 797 engine will happen for 2021 in the Charger because the Challenger normally gets the good stuff and the Charger follows a year later. That’s the shine for the Charger. And while that boosts sales, a small change to the Challenger’s looks would also boost their lagging sales. No way are they going to sit around and watch the Challenger drown in dying sales to round out the last three or four model years without a change. No possible way.
Slowpoke.
You & I got along great on the "other" forum....hope not to get off on the wrong foot here.
I was only relaying what I've heard from FCA reps/statements/spokespersons online over the course of the last few months. I do know during the 2020 widebody charger press release footage it was clearly stated that the "next phase" was going to be hybrid/elect and that focus now was on the charger line up as it is generally felt to have been lagging behind challenger in may respects.
What all that hybrid/elect stuff entails and which models, again, remains to be seen.
I recall that there was supposed to have been a complete platform change for both cars in 2019, then it was pushed to 2020, now rumor is 2021 and like you said, no word at all..perhaps its been pushed back again.

It could be they are not saying anything, because there is nothing new to say regarding challenger refresh/update and things will remain unchanged for the time being and 2020 challengers will hit dealers with little to no fan fare other than new colors & misc minor updates.
Couldn't that be another possibility.

Slowpoke387

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Somewhere
State
CT
Country
United States
Vehicle
Slowpoke.
You & I got along great on the "other" forum....hope not to get off on the wrong foot here.
I was only relaying what I've heard from FCA reps/statements/spokespersons online over the course of the last few months. I do know during the 2020 widebody charger press release footage it was clearly stated that the "next phase" was going to be hybrid/elect and that focus now was on the charger line up as it is generally felt to have been lagging behind challenger in may respects.
What all that hybrid/elect stuff entails and which models, again, remains to be seen.
I recall that there was supposed to have been a complete platform change for both cars in 2019, then it was pushed to 2020, now rumor is 2021 and like you said, no word at all..perhaps its been pushed back again.

It could be they are not saying anything, because there is nothing new to say regarding challenger refresh/update and things will remain unchanged for the time being and 2020 challengers will hit dealers with little to no fan fare other than new colors & misc minor updates.
Couldn't that be another possibility.
Oh no worries lol. My intel was that it was pushed to 2024 for the platform change and so a refresh between now and then would make sense.
Then the next phase of a hybrid monster comes in and has us all rethinking how to make big power.
If the platform were to change sooner like you say, then your explanation makes more sense. But from everything ive read from FCA and even RS, the current platform is staying around for four more years.
No wrong feet here lol, was just playing devil’s advocate and trying to figure out the current production gap and put all the pieces together with what info we do have.

OP
SNeal5966

SNeal5966

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Buffalo
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
'19 Scat Pack Challenger
Thread Starter #29
Oh no worries lol. My intel was that it was pushed to 2024 for the platform change and so a refresh between now and then would make sense.
Then the next phase of a hybrid monster comes in and has us all rethinking how to make big power.
If the platform were to change sooner like you say, then your explanation makes more sense. But from everything ive read from FCA and even RS, the current platform is staying around for four more years.
No wrong feet here lol, was just playing devil’s advocate and trying to figure out the current production gap and put all the pieces together with what info we do have.
I really believe a challenger refresh is coming based on the delayed release and super confidential behavior with it. The charger proves Hellcat is not going away yet, real question is 426. Next gen may be 426 with electric hybrid in place of Hellcat. I hope NA 426 is coming, and that if they refresh it it is not ugly [driving]

JustForFun

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Muscleville
State
WI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Hellcat Redeye Widebody
Well - there is THESE new 2019's that just got announced.

CLICK ME!!

stonewall

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Conway
State
AR
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Dodge Hellcat Challenger
The 392 will go away, and be replaced by the NA 426 My opinion.

Slowpoke387

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Somewhere
State
CT
Country
United States
Vehicle
The 392 will go away, and be replaced by the NA 426 My opinion.
I think the 392 sticks around as the standard SP engine and they offer the 426NA as an upcharge.

OP
SNeal5966

SNeal5966

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Buffalo
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
'19 Scat Pack Challenger
Thread Starter #33
I think the 392 sticks around as the standard SP engine and they offer the 426NA as an upcharge.
Well....they did show the 2020 Charger with a 392 in the Scat Pack....but who's to say that is also true for Challenger? I mean......Challenger gets the goodies a year before Charger normally right? So perhaps the extra 392 motors will get used up in Charger while the Challenger switches to 426.....then again the 426 could just be some special trim between the scat and the hellcat.....

motorhead

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Ottawa
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2019 Challenger HC Widebody
It makes you wonder if there would be anything special... They leaked the Charger WB several months ago. They announced the modest "Daytona" package recently.

There were a couple of high profile Mopar events over last month and nothing to show for the Challenger. Special 50th anniversary might only be a stitching and vinyl graphic. I'm still waiting in much anticipation though.
Quit parroting me. ;)

Dreadchild

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Ludington
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Hellraisin Hellcat
SRT trim could be back with the 426 that way they can keep the scat pack lineup and price inbetween scat and hellcat

2pac

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
philadelphia
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 charger hellcat
Quit parroting me. ;)
at this point hockey season will have started before the big reveal "eh."

motorhead

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Ottawa
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2019 Challenger HC Widebody
at this point hockey season will have started before the big reveal "eh."

OP
SNeal5966

SNeal5966

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Buffalo
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
'19 Scat Pack Challenger
Thread Starter #38
Maybe an interior redesign? They could be somewhat quiet if plans didnt work out for 2020 or if they know it will be a major letdown to see nothing changed.

Id love to see a 426 option come out though but the price might be a little weird if its going to be between a scat and a cat
LOL maybe the 426 will be called the Scat Cat hahahahah j/k [histerical]

Hunter

9000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Army Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Moss Point
State
MS
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
Well - there is THESE new 2019's that just got announced.

CLICK ME!!
Don't like the idea. Throws the Balance off.
But that's why they make different looks.
Everyone has different opinions.

Hunter

9000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Army Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Moss Point
State
MS
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
I agree with this.