Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

2020 Model Year Info

SNeal5966

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Buffalo
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
'19 Scat Pack Challenger
Just wanted to start a thread for 2020 Challenger info as it's released since I haven't seen it on this forum yet.

Slowpoke387

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Somewhere
State
CT
Country
United States
Vehicle
2020 Challenger Hellcat Redeye WB
Sub’d

Demon1

500 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Naples
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Dodge Demon
Any thoughts about when its too late to roll out any 426 option for 2020? There are a lot of opinions whether it’s going to happen or not, particularly due to Resume Speed’s “prediction”. At some point we reach the point of no return for 2020.

Decay

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Astoria
State
OR
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 widebody Redeye
Nada!

And that makes me wonder WTF.

These guys have never kept this so quiet.

WildCat

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Kakastan
State
Non-US
Country
United States
Vehicle
Hellcat
Probably no changes to Challenger platform faik for 2020. Its been stated that its the time for Charger to shine a bit more, as it hasn't changed much compared to challenger HC. I agree.
Widebody in 2020 as we all know, making me think about another one in the garage (wife approval pending).
797 (or more?? :) in 2021 be my guess.
Then we maybe in for "elect assist/hybrid somethin somethin" :/

Slowpoke387

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Somewhere
State
CT
Country
United States
Vehicle
Probably no changes to Challenger platform faik for 2020. Its been stated that its the time for Charger to shine a bit more, as it hasn't changed much compared to challenger HC. I agree.
Widebody in 2020 as we all know, making me think about another one in the garage (wife approval pending).
797 (or more?? :) in 2021 be my guess.
Then we maybe in for "elect assist/hybrid somethin somethin" :/
Then why havent they released any info yet? Why the super late 2020 production delay (Nov)? If there are no changes then why is everything being pushed back by months? No one has been able to logically explain why 2020 isnt business as usual yet, especially if there are no changes. Some sort of Challenger change is coming imo.
Charger sales havent historically warranted letting it shine on it’s own lol. Especially at the cost of historically higher sales for the Challenger. They're def not about to hold back on the Challenger to give a less popular model it’s time in the sun lol. It only stands to reason the 797 engine will happen for 2021 in the Charger because the Challenger normally gets the good stuff and the Charger follows a year later. That’s the shine for the Charger. And while that boosts sales, a small change to the Challenger’s looks would also boost their lagging sales. No way are they going to sit around and watch the Challenger drown in dying sales to round out the last three or four model years without a change. No possible way.

Davoo376

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Boston
State
MA
Country
United States
Vehicle
16 Hellcat Challenger
Then why havent they released any info yet? Why the super late 2020 production delay (Nov)? If there are no changes then why is everything being pushed back by months? No one has been able to logically explain why 2020 isnt business as usual yet, especially if there are no changes. Some sort of Challenger change is coming imo.
Charger sales havent historically warranted letting it shine on it’s own lol. Especially at the cost of historically higher sales for the Challenger. They're def not about to hold back on the Challenger to give a less popular model it’s time in the sun lol. It only stands to reason the 797 engine will happen for 2021 in the Charger because the Challenger normally gets the good stuff and the Charger follows a year later. That’s the shine for the Charger. And while that boosts sales, a small change to the Challenger’s looks would also boost their lagging sales. No way are they going to sit around and watch the Challenger drown in dying sales to round out the last three or four model years without a change. No possible way.
So you're saying a Hellephant Challenger paired with a M7 is in the works? :D

Slowpoke387

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Somewhere
State
CT
Country
United States
Vehicle
So you're saying a Hellephant Challenger paired with a M7 is in the works? :D
That would be awesome lol. My guess is a light refresh to round out the platform. Also a NA 426 up-charge option for the ScatPacks. I dont see a Helliphant engine happening.

OP
SNeal5966

SNeal5966

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Buffalo
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
'19 Scat Pack Challenger
Thread Starter #9
I think there might be somewhat of a minor refresh or even a full refresh coming, and I really am starting to believe in the 426! I remember the 1 teaser video that is on the Dodge facebook page still which was published on 4/26.....The license plate said 426...for what its worth....

However, I was recently watching that Jay Leno video with the guy from Dodge, and everyone got caught up in the comment about trying to test a car to run in the 8's or whatever.....but totally missed the comment he made about refreshing the challenger every 5 years.....I think a refresh is coming and this platform will stick around a little longer before the overhaul.

HarleyHetz

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
ARLINGTON
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Sublime Widebody Challenger Hellcat
MAN!!!! If we get a 426 in 2020 I'm gonna be SOOOO mad at myself for pulling the trigger on a 2019!!!:mad::mad::mad:

Slowpoke387

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Somewhere
State
CT
Country
United States
Vehicle
I think there might be somewhat of a minor refresh or even a full refresh coming, and I really am starting to believe in the 426! I remember the 1 teaser video that is on the Dodge facebook page still which was published on 4/26.....The license plate said 426...for what its worth....

However, I was recently watching that Jay Leno video with the guy from Dodge, and everyone got caught up in the comment about trying to test a car to run in the 8's or whatever.....but totally missed the comment he made about refreshing the challenger every 5 years.....I think a refresh is coming and this platform will stick around a little longer before the overhaul.
Just dont let MotorheadMike hear us right now [boxface]

Dreadchild

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Ludington
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Hellraisin Hellcat
Maybe an interior redesign? They could be somewhat quiet if plans didnt work out for 2020 or if they know it will be a major letdown to see nothing changed.

Id love to see a 426 option come out though but the price might be a little weird if its going to be between a scat and a cat

steven_sbs

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Southern
State
NJ
Country
United States
Vehicle
Plum Crazy 2019 Redeye Widebody
OK, who's going to be the first to float the rumor of an all wheel drive Hellcat, either Challenger or Charger?

Dreadchild

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Ludington
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Hellraisin Hellcat
OK, who's going to be the first to float the rumor of an all wheel drive Hellcat, either Challenger or Charger?
Somewhere in FCA is a supercharged 440 'cuda, all wheel drive, 335's on the rear stock with a driveshaft that wont explode. comes out in 2020 :p

NinthLifeRacing

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bowling Green
State
KY
Country
United States
Vehicle
18 hellcat
Somewhere in FCA is a supercharged 440 'cuda, all wheel drive, 335's on the rear stock with a driveshaft that wont explode. comes out in 2020 :p
You've seen it too! 😜

Markp

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Fuck Trudeau
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2019 Redeye
426 NA is coming RS has never been wrong.

moparjim

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Vaudreuil
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
Stop that nonsense talk.:LOL::LOL:

oilburner

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
coboconk
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2016 challenger hellcat
Stop that nonsense talk.:LOL::LOL:
nice to see you made the leap over as well Jim:cool:

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
I was told on good authority no major changes until 2022. That doesn't mean there won't be engine options I guess, but the styling at least I'm told will remain the same. We'll come back and see in 3 years I guess LOL.

ChargerChallenger

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mopar Nation
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
19 Challenger Hellcat Redeye 19 Charger Hellcat
I thought Sept 3rd and or later was the speculation day for the big reveal since that’s supposedly the last day of the HP rebates.