Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

2019 "Poverty Pak" Widebody Challenger

jroyk

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Sketchy
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat M6
I realize this is an old thread because of motorhead and the "poverty pack" concept. Something about a low option car makes me take notice!
He left this forum, but still posts on that other Hellcat forum. He has a weight reduction thread running currently.

Welcome to this one, BTW. Much better here.

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
He left this forum, but still posts on that other Hellcat forum. He has a weight reduction thread running currently.

Iv'e been on his weight reduction program for the past month...so far..all Iv'e lost is 30 days...;)

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
I realize this is an old thread because of motorhead and the "poverty pack" concept. Something about a low option car makes me take notice!
Depends if you are driving it a lot or only on the weekend. I ordered a base '13 mustang with automatic and recaro seats being the only options. My car didn't seem to be any lighter then loaded ones based on weight comparisons. Went to a fully loaded '17 Daytona and the car was much more enjoyable. Being I drive mine everyday I would never order a base car again

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
If you're going that route might as well buy a used SXT and mod it up to a race car IMO.

Slowpoke387

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Somewhere
State
CT
Country
United States
Vehicle
2020 Challenger Hellcat Redeye WB
Sorry but when I get in my RE on a beautiful summer day as the sun is going down, Custom mode engaged, open the roof, turn on the vented leather seats, crank up "Can you hear me knocking" by the Stones on the HK, and nail it coming out of a corner onto a straight? SC whine/797hp open exhaust in Track trans/Stones blaring, no wife in the passenger whining about my driving this time... doesnt get much better. Gimme the options - I want it all. Smoke me with a Poverty Pack at the strip that I never got to lol, don't care.

Mike L.

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Yorba Linda
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
'16 Challenger Hellcat A8
Great song by the Stones. Actually makes my Kat run faster. True story.:cool:

Last edited:
Member ID
Reactions
City
Tampa
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Super Stock
In July we placed an order for arguably the most basic Challenger Hellcat possible. The car is set to be delivered with nothing more than a manual transmission, summer tires, orange brake calipers, hood pins, and the widebody package - all in a plain white wrapper. Nothing else. Cloth seats, no butt air conditioning, no nav, no convenience packages, no sunroof, no stickers, no premium stereo, no nada. Making the car a pure modern muscle car.

View attachment 578

The goals are to run 10.9s on stock power, be an autocross beast, do some half-mile runs (hence the hood pins), and lots of road trips with the family.

Current mods waiting for the car (or on order) are 17x11 (widebody spec) and 18x5 Racestars, M&H 325/45R17s, a Barton Pistol Grip shifter, and some catch cans.

View attachment 577

The car is supposed to leave the factory tomorrow... until then I'll just stare at my VIN.
In July we placed an order for arguably the most basic Challenger Hellcat possible. The car is set to be delivered with nothing more than a manual transmission, summer tires, orange brake calipers, hood pins, and the widebody package - all in a plain white wrapper. Nothing else. Cloth seats, no butt air conditioning, no nav, no convenience packages, no sunroof, no stickers, no premium stereo, no nada. Making the car a pure modern muscle car.

View attachment 578

The goals are to run 10.9s on stock power, be an autocross beast, do some half-mile runs (hence the hood pins), and lots of road trips with the family.

Current mods waiting for the car (or on order) are 17x11 (widebody spec) and 18x5 Racestars, M&H 325/45R17s, a Barton Pistol Grip shifter, and some catch cans.

View attachment 577

The car is supposed to leave the factory tomorrow... until then I'll just stare at my VIN.
That's how I ordered my '21 SS, only option was Hood pins.

Hickster

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seminole
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Hellcat Challenger
I got the kitchen sink. Every thing there waz to put on this critter. I got it. Now,,, all I have to do is make sure it dosen't get stolen and pay for. Only thang I didn't get cause it want fit is a shaker hood. Don't want to think,,, well I wish I had done that. Too many times have done that and more than likely my last new car,,,, maybe??

OP
motorhead

motorhead

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Ottawa
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2019 Challenger HC Widebody
Thread Starter #289

Let's be clear: just because I choose not to participate or interact regularly with the membership here, doesn't mean I "left".

The only reason this thread got bumped is because I directed @Hutchman to it as a courtesy.

Being "much better" is a relative and subjective concept. This site has its issues too. I'll leave you all to your regularly scheduled sh*t-posting.

Take care.

Slowpoke387

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Somewhere
State
CT
Country
United States
Vehicle
Lol I love options. Your car will prob be faster. Just stating facts. I just dont happen to mind or care because i’ll never be at the strip. Not sure it qualifies as talking crap or not. I also post quite a bit on the other forum and once again dont care who likes it.

Mike L.

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Yorba Linda
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
'16 Challenger Hellcat A8
Let's be clear: just because I choose not to participate or interact regularly with the membership here, doesn't mean I "left".

The only reason this thread got bumped is because I directed @Hutchman to it as a courtesy.

Being "much better" is a relative and subjective concept. This site has its issues too. I'll leave you all to your regularly scheduled sh*t-posting.

Take care.
Damn, I guess he told us.

jroyk

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Sketchy
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat M6
I thought I was referring a new member to his thread on weight reduction and put in a plug for this forum. Obviously, I touched a sensitive nerve.

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
WTF...are we dysfunctional ????..issues you say??shit postings???..just when I was startin to feel good about myself..maybe Fauci could prescribe some mood altering feel good drugs for us all...:cry::cry:

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
I thought I was referring a new member to his thread on weight reduction and put in a plug for this forum. Obviously, I touched a sensitive nerve.
I'm tellin ya..his diet don't work..:(:(

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
some like this site better some the other and still some hang out on both. Think he left this time but he may come back later which means he didn't left, right:unsure:

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
some like this site better some the other and still some hang out on both. Think he left this time but he may come back later which means he didn't left, right:unsure:
I think yer right...

Slowpoke387

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Somewhere
State
CT
Country
United States
Vehicle
If he didnt left then he must be right.

Dammit.

Hickster

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seminole
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Hellcat Challenger
Multi dee lear ee us. God damn Canadians want share their war factor's with us, steal our car factories, make us pay a transfer fee to get our asses to Alaska. Then get on here and cause a problem about burning the popcorn. You kmow our asses down hea in Clearwater are getting a bit sick of the Can a dians kicking our asses in spring training baseball. Where is the trade off from them producing some descent shine??

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
Multi dee lear ee us. God damn Canadians want share their war factor's with us, steal our car factories, make us pay a transfer fee to get our asses to Alaska. Then get on here and cause a problem about burning the popcorn. You kmow our asses down hea in Clearwater are getting a bit sick of the Can a dians kicking our asses in spring training baseball. Where is the trade off from them producing some descent shine??
Uhhh...they got the whole beer thing figured out...:p:p:p

Hickster

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seminole
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Hellcat Challenger
Well hell with the hot beer thing. I am talkin about Smokey Mountain 1700s shine for a couple of WW2 watah planes they may have. I have spent alot of time and $$ in the house up north. Vancouver I wood love to live at, but no whiskey. Girls talk a bit funny butt no their intentions are well taken. Kinda cute. But those water planes need sum improvements. Like a fish finder. Have toured Samuel Adams and many other brewerys and they are damn old and work.