Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

2000 HP Twin Turbo Hellcat

Marc W

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
U.S. Navy Veteran
Firefighter
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
St. George
State
UT
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Dodge Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
It’s easy to tell what era some of us grew up in. I started out on the streets when what we had were called hotrods. Mine was a ‘61 Ford Falcon with a 327. It was a street car Now if you don’t have Air Conditioning and Apple CarPlay it’s a race car. I got news for y’all…. If you have modded your car in anyway, it’s illegal and consequently a “race car”. Just one of those “ not legal for street use” parts or modifications and that’s it 🙄

GNBRETT

500 Posts Club
Member ID
Reactions
City
Kingsport
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
(2) Trackhawks, RS3 Swapped Golf R, Turbo Mustang.
Im betting this dude with TT's will never go as fast as u have gone with ur blower...... Making 1800 whp and actually being able to get traction is a completely different animal. And thats the way ur car sits NOW. I know whats coming and new records will be set with that new combo thats a FACT!

Unfortunately I think most ppl believe that if they spend enough money on a build they are gonna set records...... lmao that couldnt be FURTHER from the truth smh.

U need SEAT time and LOTS of it! Not to mention the countless adjustments uve made to ur suspension over the years to get it to hook properly. This dude simply feels he's gonna go out and set records cause he has a dyno number smh.

It’s easy to tell what era some of us grew up in. I started out on the streets when what we had were called hotrods. Mine was a ‘61 Ford Falcon with a 327. It was a street car Now if you don’t have Air Conditioning and Apple CarPlay it’s a race car. I got news for y’all…. If you have modded your car in anyway, it’s illegal and consequently a “race car”. Just one of those “ not legal for street use” parts or modifications and that’s it 🙄

jonx96

4000 Posts Club
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Small town
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger Redeye
I'm curious: Who exactly is in charge of deciding what is a street car and what isn't?

Dman007, you are putting together one nice piece. It'll be fun to see what sort of et's you end up running with it.
This is exactly the problem. The deciding on what is bolt on and what is street seems to be argued more than any other platform. Heck as you know I just argued with someone last week that a built trans doesn't effect stock boost. Raising RPM does but you can do that with a stock trans.

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
Im betting this dude with TT's will never go as fast as u have gone with ur blower...... Making 1800 whp and actually being able to get traction is a completely different animal. And thats the way ur car sits NOW. I know whats coming and new records will be set with that new combo thats a FACT!

Unfortunately I think most ppl believe that if they spend enough money on a build they are gonna set records...... lmao that couldnt be FURTHER from the truth smh.

U need SEAT time and LOTS of it! Not to mention the countless adjustments uve made to ur suspension over the years to get it to hook properly. This dude simply feels he's gonna go out and set records cause he has a dyno number smh.
So what? Let's watch and see what happens. Every new build needs a bunch of testing to get it right but I have seen cars right off the trailer kick ass.

If it has a Hellcat VIN, guess what? It's legally a Hellcat.

Jack_Toepfer

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Buffalo
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Dodge Charger Triple Black
Nobody can tell him it’s not a Hellcat anymore… it’s still a Hellcat. What people on the internet CAN do is nitpick on the record to the extent that this car falls into its own category (like everyone else does).
It may end up being the fastest twin turbo Hellcat…
Nothing wrong with getting rid of the IHI…

Marc W

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
U.S. Navy Veteran
Firefighter
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
St. George
State
UT
Country
United States
Vehicle
HFCOTM
View Images
This is exactly the problem. The deciding on what is bolt on and what is street seems to be argued more than any other platform. Heck as you know I just argued with someone last week that a built trans doesn't effect stock boost. Raising RPM does but you can do that with a stock trans.
Setting aside the street legal aspect of this argument (from a law enforcement standpoint). If a car has the necessary cooling, electrical, fuel system, mufflers, mirrors and doors to be driven on the street, then it’s a streetable car. AKA… Street Car. It doesn’t need to be comfortable, or practical. It needs to be able to drive around town and return to where it came from. I’ve had others use the excuse that my car is a “race car” because it has a transmission other than what came from the factory. News flash!…. A $12,000 rebuilt hp90 and aftermarket converter package isn’t what came from the factory either. It’s been said that a TH400 is a race only trans. News flash!….. even with the 3.40 gears I have, it’s perfect around town and shifts so smooth and nice it’s better than the full auto with its down shifting quirks. The Magnum we have in the shop was built for the drag and drive events. It has every street required item. Turn signals… etc. It has a TH400 with 2.70 gears for highway use. I took a 100 mile trip in it one night on the interstate at 75 mph and it purred like a kitten. Also runs 8.3’s in the quarter at 165 mph. Is that a street car? Yes it is.

Last edited:

jonx96

4000 Posts Club
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Small town
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger Redeye
Setting aside the street legal aspect of this argument (from a law enforcement standpoint). If a car has the necessary, cooling, electrical, fuel system, mufflers, mirrors and doors to be driven on the street, then it’s a streetable car. AKA… Street Car. It doesn’t need to be comfortable, or practical. It needs to be able to drive around town and return to where it came from. I’ve had others use the excuse that my car is a “race car” because it has a transmission other than what came from the factory. News flash!…. A $12,000 rebuilt hp90 and aftermarket converter package isn’t what came from the factory either. It’s been said that a TH400 is a race only trans. News flash!….. even with the 3.40 gears I have, it’s perfect around town and shifts so smooth and nice it’s better than the full auto with its down shifting quirks. The Magnum we have in the shop was built for the drag and drive events. It has every street required item. Turn signals… etc. it has a TH400 with 2.70 gears for highway use. I took a 100 mile trip in it one night on the interstate at 75 mph and it purred like a kitten. Also runs 8.3’s in the quarter at 165 mph. Is that a street car? Yes it is.
So here is the two classes i think there should be. Bolt on and everything else.
but how do you know if I did pistons and rods or even a built trans. You don’t.
i will say in the last two months I have realized how dumb some of this record chasing is. To be honest I regret doing the port and wish I spent the money else where. This whole bolt on thing is a joke. At the end of the day records are noticed by people who care. I’m chasing something that will never be published or acknowledged. Or like you say argue what is a bolt on or a street car.
if I had a car with Holley and a th400 I’d still put some street miles on it.
heck my cousins street car is a power glide that has 2 speeds and he was driving it to work like a daily down the high way for awhile. 🤷
At the end of the day. It has been decided it is about having fun and doing what you want to do.

covidcommander

500 Posts Club
Member ID
Reactions
City
Clementon
State
NJ
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger
So what? Let's watch and see what happens. Every new build needs a bunch of testing to get it right but I have seen cars right off the trailer kick ass.

If it has a Hellcat VIN, guess what? It's legally a Hellcat.
Yeah, that's true. But if I bought a hellcat and tesla swapped it would it still really be a hellcat?

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
J
Yeah, that's true. But if I bought a hellcat and tesla swapped it would it still really be a hellcat?
What does the VIN indicate? I wouldn't guarantee your health...

Demoniccat

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mid
State
RI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Hellcat Redeye
Not fair, hitting bellow the belt with loaded question. This one could go sideways real easy 🥊. 🤼. 🧨 🍿
I will take stirring the pot with loaded question for $20 on jeopardy game show.
Just having fun not to be taken literally.

Marc W

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
U.S. Navy Veteran
Firefighter
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
St. George
State
UT
Country
United States
Vehicle
HFCOTM
View Images
Nobody can tell him it’s not a Hellcat anymore… it’s still a Hellcat. What people on the internet CAN do is nitpick on the record to the extent that this car falls into its own category (like everyone else does).
It may end up being the fastest twin turbo Hellcat…
Nothing wrong with getting rid of the IHI…
It’s a modified Hellcat. Somebody with a 100% original (off the showroom original) could just as well say a bolt-on modified Hellcat is no longer a Hellcat. Of coarse that would bullshit. Thing is…. Nobody gets to determine the line in the modification journey where its “no longer a Hellcat”. A extremely modified Hellcat is still a Hellcat. You can put that in its own catagory of Hellcat if you want, but there is no such thing as “not a Hellcat anymore” if it started out as one.

Marc W

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
U.S. Navy Veteran
Firefighter
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
St. George
State
UT
Country
United States
Vehicle
HFCOTM
View Images
As far as categories go…. Streetable Race Car or Racable Street Car? Bolt-on mods or Fabricated mods? What we most often see is just a biased position from somebody who has something they want to claim as fast (or fastest) compared to others. If your car is differently or more extensively modded than there’s…. You’re a race car and not a Hellcat anymore. The other argument is it’s just money. You spent more than they did so you’re just a rich guy who bought it. Tell that to my beat to hell knuckles 🙄. I’m going to admit that mine is a race car now. Still streetable but so compromised that, other than a couple miles to a car show/event occasionally, it’s just stupid. My kicks now come from releasing the transbrake button and hoping to see the track in front of me in a couple seconds.

Last edited:

Linda's Hell Cat

4000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bucks County
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Charger Hellcat
My money is still on Z all day he’s still a supercharged hemi. Stock computer
His is all blown apart right now after finally installing a TH400 :(

Linda's Hell Cat

4000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bucks County
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Charger Hellcat
Bro, you own Dodge Charger Mopar now come to terms with that. Its no different than the Dragpack car which is referred to from Dodge as a Challenger Mopar cause there is nothing Hellcat about it. Bro ur entire dash is removed from ur car which is fine for a race car I agree. Put a blower on it and then make claims until then your again talking apples to Orange's .

Once again the power adder is a blower. If ur not competing against other fast dudes here that have blowers then ur not setting any records other than the ones in ur head.

And not for nothing but Demonology is one of the nicest, classiest most respectful dudes ive ever watched on Youtube. Never swears, never threathens, always respectful to others, owns a very respectful MMA school etc.....so for HIM to be talking shit about that shop after being a customer there and actually leave and take his business elsewhere means there is some shaddy shit going on there period!

I agree tho there is always two sides to every story and the Truth LIES in-between both.......
I have met Herman and bought him lunch and everything you say about his personality it true. I can't agree with you about Demonology and complaints. He has been here there and everywhere and there is a reason for that!;)

Linda's Hell Cat

4000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bucks County
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Charger Hellcat
Guys you should all Know the Rule. If it has a Hellcat Vin, well than it's a Hellcat.

This arguing is the type that I just spoke about earlier to someone else. A Shop will Take any kind of record, because it is marketing for where the Car was out of.

Linda's Hell Cat

4000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bucks County
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Charger Hellcat
@Dman007 The Build sounds great.

I will let you know secrets can cost you a lot of $$$$$$$'s I hope you get to the track asap and get your Hellcat dialed in. Your weather is in the right conditions for T&T and the R&R of dialing it in.

I am looking forward to hear about how it runs at the track.

Who is coming to give you track support?

Congrats,:cool:
Linda :)

Hatermkr

1000 Posts Club
Firefighter
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
West bend
State
WI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 helldemon

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
Z has never Fucked someone over he has a strong backing and people that are willing to help. He will be up and fixed by Texas 2k.
Z is a good dude. I've met him on more than 1 occasion. He's 1 of the few that you feel like you can trust. Very important to me. I've been fucked enough.

covidcommander

500 Posts Club
Member ID
Reactions
City
Clementon
State
NJ
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger
As far as categories go…. Streetable Race Car or Racable Street Car? Bolt-on mods or Fabricated mods? What we most often see is just a biased position from somebody who has something they want to claim as fast (or fastest) compared to others. If your car is differently or more extensively modded than there’s…. You’re a race car and not a Hellcat anymore. The other argument is it’s just money. You spent more than they did so you’re just a rich guy who bought it. Tell that to my beat to hell knuckles 🙄. I’m going to admit that mine is a race car now. Still streetable but so compromised that, other than a couple miles to a car show/event occasionally, it’s just stupid. My kicks now come from releasing the transbrake button and hoping to see the track in front of me in a couple seconds.
I'd be using the transbrake at redlights

covidcommander

500 Posts Club
Member ID
Reactions
City
Clementon
State
NJ
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger
Z has never Fucked someone over he has a strong backing and people that are willing to help. He will be up and fixed by Texas 2k.
What happened to z?