Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

2000 HP Twin Turbo Hellcat

Hatermkr

1000 Posts Club
Firefighter
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
West bend
State
WI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 helldemon
I think what he is trying to say. If it took you 1500hp to run an 8.7 adding even 300hp more isn't going to get you into the 6s. Even with the fuel tech computer and its capabilities. The transmission will help you.
Really nice build. I am sure you will be the fastest hellcat charger. This thing is going to be a monster. My comment above does not take that away from it. Keep us posted of the progress it makes and your experiences.
He will go 6’s. I will put money on it.

OP
Dman007

Dman007

500 Posts Club
U.S. Army Veteran
7 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Smyrna
State
GA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Charger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
Thread Starter #22
I think what he is trying to say. If it took you 1500hp to run an 8.7 adding even 300hp more isn't going to get you into the 6s. Even with the fuel tech computer and its capabilities. The transmission will help you.
Really nice build. I am sure you will be the fastest hellcat charger. This thing is going to be a monster. My comment above does not take that away from it. Keep us posted of the progress it makes and your experiences.
We're going for 7's and not 6's. The record for a Charger Hellcat is 7.7 sec.

Question you need to ask...what's our curb weight right now compared to before? Thus, we're not answering that question :) LOL!

Our community needs to stop thinking about whp is the main key to racing. It's has and will always be total weight before whp.

Which car is faster:

Car 1 = 1000 lbs and 295 whp
or
car 2 = 4000 lbs at 1000 whp?

Hatermkr

1000 Posts Club
Firefighter
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
West bend
State
WI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 helldemon
My money is still on Z all day he’s still a supercharged hemi. Stock computer

jonx96

4000 Posts Club
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Small town
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger Redeye

Question you need to ask...what's our curb weight right now compared to before? Thus, we're not answering that question :) LOL!

Our community needs to stop thinking about whp is the main key to racing. It's has and will always be total weight before whp.

Which car is faster:

or
O I get the weight thing. That’s why I don’t think you see people going for the record breaking times because other platforms already start out much lighter. Also a lot of the fast guys on this platform run the heavyweight classes because of it. All depends on what you want to do.
I get the weight thing. I went stock blower not ported. Stock engine. Stock trans not built. And no spray. I went 8.88 at 155. Which is faster than a lot of guys with whipples. I know of 2 whipple cars running low 9s and they are making more hp than I am but they are heavier.

GNBRETT

500 Posts Club
Member ID
Reactions
City
Kingsport
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
(2) Trackhawks, RS3 Swapped Golf R, Turbo Mustang.
Great info thanx. Those things do spool up really freaking fast there is no denying that...... Still think u should have gone with a better block but nonetheless u have me thinking what might be possible. Of course the Rossler TH400 helps things drastically with spool up with fuid dump.

Would have been nice to see u do it with a 4l80 and make it appear stock inside. Question? Can u operate everything in the car like lights, brakes, turn signsl etc with Fueltech? I was looking at the Holly and thouight they were the only one out there that allows all the other electronics to work. How does that work with the Fueltech?

Our previous build of stock blower and stock bottom end and 200 shot of nitrous; ran 8.7 at ~1500 whp and made over 100 passes on that setup and won tons of events.

Your statements are from a limited source of data and comes from a Hellcat Community and not from the larger Race Community. Hellcat Community is about 5 to 6 years behind the Racing Community. Ford and Chevy have been in the low 6's and might be into the 5's now for their late model cars. Hellcats just got into the 6's this January.

To include, your data source is coming from tuners/shop owners that never used the best ECU software on the market = FuelTech and have never been apart of the racing community.

We made tons of changes (that we're not disclosing at this time) to make this build work just like the racing community.

NOTE....These records are for stock chassis and not full blow tube chassis cars.
Quickest/Fastest Hellcat CHARGER record is at 7.7 and we're going to break that record
Quickest/Fastest Hellcat Challenger is at 6.9
https://www.dodgegarage.com/news/ar...st-srt-hellcat-cars-to-duel-in-las-vegas.html

Jake Sampson built this block and strengthen it to hold 2000+ whp and we did some other things to spin the crank over 8000 rpm.

Rossler built this TH400 to hold 2400 whp but curb weight is critical on failure

Turbo Lag - we need to stop using these cookie cutter TT kits (off the shelf kits) and build custom TT builds like the racing community. Thus you are correct, from a cookie cutter kit the smaller turbos will not lag. But look at the piping and how they route the hot and cold side. Those kits don't make sense for adding more power, larger turbos = lag

See picture below on how Jack (Jack Fab Performance) built this 76mm TT: No Lag and watch the FuelTech video; turbos spoil in under 4 seconds for launching the car

76mm Harts Turbo - we selected Harts 76mm because we do not want to stress the turbos at 99% to make the power. Thus we're using larger turbos and only racing at 60% capacity of the turbo. Thus limiting parts failure and longer life.

View attachment 98909

OP
Dman007

Dman007

500 Posts Club
U.S. Army Veteran
7 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Smyrna
State
GA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Charger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
Thread Starter #26
Great info thanx. Those things do spool up really freaking fast there is no denying that...... Still think u should have gone with a better block but nonetheless u have me thinking what might be possible. Of course the Rossler TH400 helps things drastically with spool up with fuid dump.

Would have been nice to see u do it with a 4l80 and make it appear stock inside. Question? Can u operate everything in the car like lights, brakes, turn signsl etc with Fueltech? I was looking at the Holly and thouight they were the only one out there that allows all the other electronics to work. How does that work with the Fueltech?
Spooling is controlled by the fabricator's piping, to the Fueltech, and some other tricks..etc... Transmission has nothing to do with spooling. Transbrake looks up the convertor (drive & reverse), that's all and then FuelTech software and other tricks take over. And yes, those 76mm spool fast LOL! Thank you FuelTech and Harts Turbos!

Spending over $8k for a small block is just ridiculous. Not worth it when we can strengthen the BGE and some other tricks to get 2k whp. And those blocks are on a huge back order. To include, go over 2k whp, what transmission are we running to hold that power level at our curb weight?

If we want to get into the mid or low 6's...we can not do it in this platform without removing the cast iron chassis. Hellcats are way to heavy to run faster times.

To answer your question about lights and brakes. Racing ECU don't manage lights and brakes. We wire all that in separately. But yes, we have headlights and brake lights on this car. It's mandatory in Drag Racing.

LOL! Who needs turn signals at 200 mph :)

https://highhorseperformance.com/g3pp-solid-aluminum-bare-hemi-block/

Last edited:

GNBRETT

500 Posts Club
Member ID
Reactions
City
Kingsport
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
No offense bro but u need to come to terms that ur Hellcat is no longer a Hellcat. Z has a Hellcat with a stock computer running his car along with an stock transmission being the HP90 with a stock block with a blower not a Turbo. His car is actually a Hellcat. Your's is not.

So saying ur gonna set the record is simply saying ur gonna set the record with a Vin # and a race car cause there is nothing Hellcat about ur car any longer.

I was told the same by Satera. Come to terms that ur Redeye will no longer be a Redeye. It will be a race car with a Vin # now. I have a Golf R thats getting an RS3 motor and trans with a Syvex stand alone weighing 2900 lbs planning on going 60-130 mph in sub 3 seconds. Its no longer a Golf R its a race car now. I just call it a Golf or a VW. Your car is now a Charger or a Dodge now with a Vin # where Z's car is actually a Hellcat Charger......

Thats one of the hang ups I have here cause once ur car no longer has stock computer, trans etc..... its value plummets! No matter what uve done to it. Building the stock trans, motor, rear etc.... still makes it a Hellcat. Turning it into a tin can with a Vin # and putting a power adder on it that didnt come from the factory being Turbo's vs. a blower does not.

U own a gutted race car now bro which is badass dont get me wrong I mean geeeeez that thing is dope AF! But comparing the two and what record ur looking to set is comparing apples to oranges....... I think u could make a much better case if u still had a Blower on there but comparing a blower car to a TT car when blower cars are so limted is just silly bro.

Last edited:

GNBRETT

500 Posts Club
Member ID
Reactions
City
Kingsport
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
Geeeez.......

Hatermkr

1000 Posts Club
Firefighter
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
West bend
State
WI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 helldemon
Spooling is controlled by the fabricator's piping, to the Fueltech, and some other tricks..etc... Transmission has nothing to do with spooling. Transbrake looks up the convertor (drive & reverse), that's all and then FuelTech software and other tricks take over. And yes, those 76mm spool fast LOL! Thank you Jack Fab, FuelTech and Harts Turbos!

Spending over $8k for a small block is just ridiculous. Not worth it when we can strengthen the BGE and some other tricks to get 2k whp. And those blocks are on a huge back order. To include, go over 2k whp, what transmission are we running to hold that power level at our curb weight?

If we want to get into the mid or low 6's...we can not do it in this platform without removing the cast iron chassis. Hellcats are way to heavy to run faster times.

To answer your question about lights and brakes. Racing ECU don't manage lights and brakes. We wire all that in separately. But yes, we have headlights and brake lights on this car. It's mandatory in Drag Racing.

LOL! Who needs turn signals at 200 mph :)

https://highhorseperformance.com/g3pp-solid-aluminum-bare-hemi-block/
Your car will not go 200 in the 1/4.

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
Why must everything be drama?

OP
Dman007

Dman007

500 Posts Club
U.S. Army Veteran
7 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Smyrna
State
GA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Charger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
Thread Starter #31
No offense bro but u need to come to terms that ur Hellcat is no longer a Hellcat. Z has a Hellcat with a stock computer running his car along with an stock transmission being the HP90 with a stock block with a blower not a Turbo. His car is actually a Hellcat. Your's is not.

So saying ur gonna set the record is simply saying ur gonna set the record with a Vin # and a race car cause there is nothing Hellcat about ur car any longer.

I was told the same by Satera. Come to terms that ur Redeye will no longer be a Redeye. It will be a race car with a Vin # now. I have a Golf R thats getting an RS3 motor and trans with a Syvex stand alone weighing 2900 lbs planning on going 60-130 mph in sub 3 seconds. Its no longer a Golf R its a race car now. I just call it a Golf or a VW. Your car is now a Charger or a Dodge now with a Vin # where Z's car is actually a Hellcat Charger......

Thats one of the hang ups I have here cause once ur car no longer has stock computer, trans etc..... its value plummets! No matter what uve done to it. Building the stock trans, motor, rear etc.... still makes it a Hellcat. Turning it into a tin can with a Vin # and putting a power adder on it that didnt come from the factory being Turbo's vs. a blower does not.

U own a gutted race car now bro which is badass dont get me wrong I mean geeeeez that thing is dope AF! But comparing the two and what record ur looking to set is comparing apples to oranges....... I think u could make a much better case if u still had a Blower on there but comparing a blower car to a TT car when blower cars are so limted is just silly bro.
Everyone racing their cars have performed all kinds of weight reduction. Weight reduction is the main key to racing and there are no limits to reducing weight.

It amazes us in this community that if someone takes out one more thing (seat, carpet, plastic panel, dash, door panel) than someone else, it's called gutted tin can - race car.
Then if we change a force induction from blower to something (turbo or pro-charger) or change out the transmission to something else....it's a race car. smh

When we remove the carpet from the car; it's called fire proofing and takes less than 5m to put the carpet back in after racing. Fire is a huge risk factor for everyone when our cars use highly flammable race gas and if oil hits our headers. Safety first.
When we remove dash, plastic panel, etc... it's called weight reduction and can be easily put back into the car.

Race cars are cutup chassis....meaning their front halved, back halved, tubbed, non-IRS, 4 link, ladder bar or full tube chassis and are not street legal.

But that line has been extremely blurred with all of the Sick Week cars. Because those cars drive thousands of miles on the street and go 5's and 6's second in the 1/4 mile. Just amazing.

So what is a race car these days?

In the future do some research online or talk to knowledgably people and get your facts straight and don't sound like someone lacking knowledge and experience in racing.

Also, attacking a shop & tuner and spreading gossip and rumors because you only heard 1 side of the story and you did not hear from all parties involved.......should be beneath you.

Be Better.

Last edited:

GNBRETT

500 Posts Club
Member ID
Reactions
City
Kingsport
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
Bro, you own Dodge Charger Mopar now come to terms with that. Its no different than the Dragpack car which is referred to from Dodge as a Challenger Mopar cause there is nothing Hellcat about it. Bro ur entire dash is removed from ur car which is fine for a race car I agree. Put a blower on it and then make claims until then your again talking apples to Orange's .

Once again the power adder is a blower. If ur not competing against other fast dudes here that have blowers then ur not setting any records other than the ones in ur head.

And not for nothing but Demonology is one of the nicest, classiest most respectful dudes ive ever watched on Youtube. Never swears, never threathens, always respectful to others, owns a very respectful MMA school etc.....so for HIM to be talking shit about that shop after being a customer there and actually leave and take his business elsewhere means there is some shaddy shit going on there period!

I agree tho there is always two sides to every story and the Truth LIES in-between both.......

Everyone racing their cars have performed all kinds of weight reduction. Weight reduction is the main key to racing and there are no limits to reducing weight.

It amazes us in this community that if someone takes out one more thing (seat, carpet, plastic panel, dash, door panel) than someone else, it's called gutted tin can - race car.
Then if we change a force induction from blower to something (turbo or pro-charger) or change out the transmission to something else....it's a race car. smh

When we remove the carpet from the car; it's called fire proofing and takes less than 5m to put the carpet back in after racing. Fire is a huge risk factor for everyone when our cars use highly flammable race gas and if oil hits our headers. Safety first.
When we remove dash, plastic panel, etc... it's called weight reduction and can be easily put back into the car.

Race cars are cutup chassis....meaning their front halved, back halved, tubbed, non-IRS, 4 link, ladder bar or full tube chassis and are not street legal.

But that line has been extremely blurred with all of the Sick Week cars. Because those cars drive thousands of miles on the street and go 5's and 6's second in the 1/4 mile. Just amazing.

So what is a race car these days?

In the future do some research online or talk to knowledgably people and get your facts straight and don't sound like someone lacking knowledge and experience in racing.

Also, attacking a shop & tuner and spreading gossip and rumors because you only heard 1 side of the story and you did not fear from all parties involved.......should be beneath you.

Be Better.

TNREDEYE

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Shelbyville
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Super Stock
I'm curious: Who exactly is in charge of deciding what is a street car and what isn't?

Dman007, you are putting together one nice piece. It'll be fun to see what sort of et's you end up running with it.

Marc W

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
U.S. Navy Veteran
Firefighter
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
St. George
State
UT
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Dodge Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
I'm curious: Who exactly is in charge of deciding what is a street car and what isn't?

Dman007, you are putting together one nice piece. It'll be fun to see what sort of et's you end up running with it.
Me 🤓

covidcommander

500 Posts Club
Member ID
Reactions
City
Clementon
State
NJ
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger

Which car is faster:

or
Car 1

covidcommander

500 Posts Club
Member ID
Reactions
City
Clementon
State
NJ
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger
I struggle with this question. I see all the fast hellcats with turbos and think "that's not a hellcat"

Hellcat has a supercharger so to.me.you took the hellcat out. Maybe you have the fastest challenger/charger but it's not a hellcat.

covidcommander

500 Posts Club
Member ID
Reactions
City
Clementon
State
NJ
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger

covidcommander

500 Posts Club
Member ID
Reactions
City
Clementon
State
NJ
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger

Yeah when you do all that it's a racecar