Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

100k for a used hellcat?

Slowpoke387

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Somewhere
State
CT
Country
United States
Vehicle
2020 Challenger Hellcat Redeye WB
You're in business to make money???

Really?

;)
Whoodathunkit right?

BULL

Oh NO! Not that guy!
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Weld County
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
MY16 M6 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
Whoodathunkit right?

When we bought our DSRT, the owner said to me, I'll sell it to you at invoice, I said, sold, took 10min, didn't have to dance back and forth at all.

Slowpoke387

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Somewhere
State
CT
Country
United States
Vehicle
When we bought our DSRT, the owner said to me, I'll sell it to you at invoice, I said, sold, took 10min, didn't have to dance back and forth at all.
And thats how you do it

Mean Cat

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger Hellcat
That dude has some bad credit for that kind of :poop: interest rate

MikeD1

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Central Florida
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
I can confirm this. People with cash are the worst customers...lowball offer always followed by "Hey we have cash!" We'd rather actually make a profit than take your Craigslist lowball cash offer, thank you very much.
I'm always pay cash unless there is some ridiculously low incentive APR like .9%. I've even financed for like 3 months to get a rebate offer.
I have learned to play the game tho and let the dealer think I'm going to finance a large chunk of the price, then lower the boom in the finance guy's office.

I'm sure those guys hate my arse, but I'm not there to make friends, just drive the best deal possible !

Slowpoke387

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Somewhere
State
CT
Country
United States
Vehicle
I'm always pay cash unless there is some ridiculously low incentive APR like .9%. I've even financed for like 3 months to get a rebate offer.
I have learned to play the game tho and let the dealer think I'm going to finance a large chunk of the price, then lower the boom in the finance guy's office.

I'm sure those guys hate my arse, but I'm not there to make friends, just drive the best deal possible !
Dont get me wrong, that’s the way to do it. Nothing wrong with that imo. But our shop is just a little smaller than a Dodge dealer lol. We‘re in the used market which is a bit different than the big new car guys, and I’m quite sure our profit margins are just a little smaller than theirs. There’s normally not much money in cash deals unless the used dealer basically stole the product.
The dealer you drop the boom on is still making money, just not as much as if they were collecting one or two percent of your loan on top. Which is obviously good for the buyer. And tbh if they have something that’s a hot item and they know it, cash means nothing. When a lowballer keeps yelling “take my offer, it‘s CASH!”, I just laugh.

AeroF16

2000 Posts Club
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Phoenix
State
AZ
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
As long as money is cheap, I'll always finance. Why tie my cash up in a vehicle when I can tie your cash up in my vehicle and have it cost me next to nothing?

Too much opportunity cost to pay cash in my opinion.

And USAA almost always has great rates. I can get a loan for almost any amount I want in 5 minutes on my phone using the app.

BULL

Oh NO! Not that guy!
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Weld County
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
HFCOTM
View Images
As long as money is cheap, I'll always finance. Why tie my cash up in a vehicle when I can tie your cash up in my vehicle and have it cost me next to nothing?

Too much opportunity cost to pay cash in my opinion.

And USAA almost always has great rates. I can get a loan for almost any amount I want in 5 minutes on my phone using the app.

A lot of that depends on how much cash you have.

Some of these guys around here are lighting their joints with $100 bills....

:)

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
I was working for a company that was selling software to many of the larger "buy here - pay here" places charging those rates.
Got to see how it all worked from the inside, it was quite the scam, all designed to allow them to repo & resell the same the cars over & over again.
The loans were all rule of 78's !
And a good percentage of those operations...are very profitable..

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
You're in business to make money???

Really?

;)
Every job interview I ever conduct....when the topic of job description is addressed...I always start with their first objective....TO MAKE ME RICH..once we clear that hurdle...the rest of the interview is pretty straight forward....;);)

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
Dont get me wrong, that’s the way to do it. Nothing wrong with that imo. But our shop is just a little smaller than a Dodge dealer lol. We‘re in the used market which is a bit different than the big new car guys, and I’m quite sure our profit margins are just a little smaller than theirs. There’s normally not much money in cash deals unless the used dealer basically stole the product.
The dealer you drop the boom on is still making money, just not as much as if they were collecting one or two percent of your loan on top. Which is obviously good for the buyer. And tbh if they have something that’s a hot item and they know it, cash means nothing. When a lowballer keeps yelling “take my offer, it‘s CASH!”, I just laugh.
Funny thing about the new car sale...while the majority of us on here are pretty savvy when it comes to a HC purchase...the majority of people that trade in regularly on a new vehicle...get crucified on their trade...some get next to nothing...and if they trade in a low mileage front line car..the dealer goes through it puts it on his lot...and makes a score...and those crucified.think they got a great deal..Thats the beauty of the deal...perception is reality...

MikeD1

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Central Florida
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
I know they are still making $$, I don't begrudge anyone needing to make a profit - we all want to eat ;) That said, I'm not going to leave $$ on the table I don't have to in any deal.
I'm probably not the avg customer, I do extensive homework (including current pricing) before I buy and decide what I consider a fair price. Cars are mass produced and I'm always prepared to walk away from any particular car at any given dealer/seller. I have 'walked' many, many times on car deals and have never once regretted moving on & shopping elsewhere. I love my cars, but I never get emotional about a deal, as that puts you at the mercy of the dealer & you're likely to get screwed!

Funny thing about the new car sale...while the majority of us on here are pretty savvy when it comes to a HC purchase...the majority of people that trade in regularly on a new vehicle...get crucified on their trade...some get next to nothing...and if they trade in a low mileage front line car..the dealer goes through it puts it on his lot...and makes a score...and those crucified.think they got a great deal..Thats the beauty of the deal...perception is reality...
The only time I trade a vehicle these days is if there is something seriously wrong with it and I don't want to have some buyer coming back making a stink that the car has problems.
A lot of the time, there are ppl I know that want my cars/trucks and I sell to them. I've also had good luck selling on eBay.

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
So, just found them again?
Welcome home parties..complete with yellow ribbons...I have friends from all walks of life...(and even some that cant walk):devilish:

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
...the majority of people that trade in regularly on a new vehicle...get crucified on their trade...some get next to nothing...
I get that "Are you from another planet?" response when trade-in value comes up.
My take on it is that I couldn't care less what they value the trade-in at, I'm only interested in what the difference in price between the two vehicles would be. How much would it cost me?

Okay, so maybe I am from another planet, but that's irrelevant when buying cars.

BULL

Oh NO! Not that guy!
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Weld County
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
HFCOTM
View Images
Okay, so maybe I am from another planet, but that's irrelevant when buying cars.

You did buy a tunnel cleaning brush thingy...

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
I get that "Are you from another planet?" response when trade-in value comes up.
My take on it is that I couldn't care less what they value the trade-in at, I'm only interested in what the difference in price between the two vehicles would be. How much would it cost me?

Thats people like you (and me)...alot of buyers..(had they explored their options..would walk)...most dont..they just sign on a deal thats sticker on the new car..and way below wholesale on their trade...I've seen it alot...

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
Oh yeah....the rolling douche bag...I remember that

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
Indeed I did. Not even ChargerChallenger has one of those. At least I don't think he does.
See, he's going for quality, I'm into quantity. The more vehicles, the merrier.

Of course, I've spent the last few days removing the accoutrements from that machine, and today I'll attempt to remove the last piece.
I can't tell if it weighs 2,000 or 6,000 lbs., so either it comes off just fine, or I'll have a broken crane and some other damaged stuff.
Only one way to find out.

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
Okay, I obviously worry too much.
Taking the last stuff off was easy, and nothing went wrong.

So I now have a sport truck that'll do 187 feet per hour in the lowest gear, floored.
All I need to do now is figure out what to do with it. DSCN3427[1].JPG DSCN3431[1].JPG

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Charger HC (once upon a time)
Dude, swap out your gears in the Hellcat and keep going down and you'll eventually match that blistering speed!